T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
trying to get used to this new fingerprint scanner is rough, I never had an issue with the placement of last year's models.
This! I owned a few LG phones before, but for some reason this placement seems out of whack. I really had no issue with the S8+ and the FPS. (As long as there was a case on the phone.)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
4319690c953fadd64f597a57b65e258b.jpg

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Bummer big time: i have the S9+

even though Samsung Smart Transfer went well and Google resync'ing went well too, out of the blue, when everything just sync'ed properly and i seem to be able to start using my phone normally, there was a pop up that said something like: SD card malfunctioned, reformat now.

when i clicked "yes" for the reformat, there was some strange machine code type of gobbledygook, something that said "...failure". so i turned off the phone, pulled out the sd card drawer, carefully reseated both the SD card as well as the sim card. restarted the phone.

no to avail, neither the File Manager nor ASTRO app see any SD card now.

anyone else has issues with their SD card/card reader?

it seems like the phone no longer sees a card inserted.

my sd card is Samsung and i just bought it from B&H, which is about as legit as it gets.
This happened to me about 2 weeks into owning my S8+. At the end of it all my SD card was completely corrupted to the point I couldn't even format it to use again. Had to buy a new one and start from scratch.

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Heads up if you bought the zagging elite. There is known issue and they are fixing it for release Friday. Learned the hard way LOL

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Took this photo of the backyard at night. No streetlights nearby. The Note8 could have taken this photo well, but it would still be a bit blurry. Much sharper with the S9+. So far so good!

Attachments

• 20180313_215720.jpg
    20180313_215720.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 64

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I had an issue with my sim card activating and called customer service and they lady from T-Mobile was surprised I had mine as well.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine got dropped of by the ups man at about 6pm. Got home from work at 715 and haven't put it down yet. Its everything I had hoped it would be and more. Bluetooth LDAC with my Sony headphones is sounding awesome! Got all my apps downloaded and signed into all my apps with my fingerprint. Everything is all set. Awesome screen just like the S8, stereo speakers are awesome as well. Glad to not be using that iPhone anymore.

The Spigen ultra hybrid s with the kickstand is also on it and is feeling pretty nice in my hands.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with my sim card activating and called customer service and they lady from T-Mobile was surprised I had mine as well.

I used the sim card I had from my iPhone that this is replacing. Later realized there was a sim card in the box, but this one is working fine.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Let us know how that nano liquid works, I'm done with trying screen protectors on curved screens. Went without on my note 8 and it had some noticeable scratches, but I turned it in to tmobile and they didn't say anything about them. I have the supcase with the built in screen protector for work and it seems to work pretty good. Hopefully that will minimize the scratches this time around.

How is the built in screen protector on it? How is sensitivity? I thought about getting it or the I Blason Magma case for my Note 8. I know it used a different material than most built in protectors due to the curved screen. The Defender for the s7 edge had a thicker material due to the curve. No dust ever got under it because it was so tight, but touch sensitivity was just terrible with it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 280687View attachment 280688Finally!! Not messing around so Straight from the box to the SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro case. :p
I put mine in a case right in the UPS customer center before charing it on the way to work yesterday. ;) And yes _ I removed that sticker on the back. When I took this picture I'd just picked the phone up from UPS so I wanted to charge it up first.
f0ef37e2624238ea01e848bb867c3d17.jpg
76ad085451d605230b839d54e8994cb7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34