04-06-2018 07:18 PM
193 1234 ...
tools
    What happens if there is a special price or promotion including some goodies after the S9 is available at Verizon? My S7 will be paid off next month, so I think I may wait.

However, from what I have read, I'm glad I didn't go for the S8 after the S7.
    You def have some good trade in value, I will say though the S8 was a great phone would've been even worth the upgrade from the S7 IMO.
    03-02-2018 06:33 PM
    What happens if there is a special price or promotion including some goodies after the S9 is available at Verizon? My S7 will be paid off next month, so I think I may wait.

However, from what I have read, I'm glad I didn't go for the S8 after the S7.
    usually all they have after the release is the bogo deal.
    03-02-2018 07:04 PM
    i have verizon but didnt order through them, instead i went with samsung directly and ordered the unlocked version. said it should be here by the 14th. i have a question why did you guys order through verizon rather than samsung directly? the unlocked model was 100 bucks cheaper. i would love to hear
    My guess is faster updates and wifi calling. I personally went with Best Buy and got my S9+ for 812. Good deal if you ask me.
    03-02-2018 10:03 PM
    i have verizon but didnt order through them, instead i went with samsung directly and ordered the unlocked version. said it should be here by the 14th. i have a question why did you guys order through verizon rather than samsung directly? the unlocked model was 100 bucks cheaper. i would love to hear
    Verizon has been notorious for having phone activation issues with unlocked phones,but I did notice that Samsung was asking which Carrier Sim you wanted in unlocked phone,so that looked promising. Read on other forums if stick with non Carrier os than verizon WiFi calling and Video calling didn't work without some work. So decided the extra cost might be worth the potential trouble.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    03-03-2018 12:47 AM
    I'm thinking about Preordering throughVerizon. I currently have 3 lines with Tmobile, and one Tab S3 withVerizon. Imight preorder and trade in my Note 8 to get $350 off the S9+ and the $150 prepaid visa card. Still contemplating though.

Anyone else preorder through Verizon that came from another carrier?
    03-03-2018 06:28 AM
    Verizon has been notorious for having phone activation issues with unlocked phones,but I did notice that Samsung was asking which Carrier Sim you wanted in unlocked phone,so that looked promising. Read on other forums if stick with non Carrier os than verizon WiFi calling and Video calling didn't work without some work. So decided the extra cost might be worth the potential trouble.
    wifi calling and video calling arent enough for me to pay the extra money. i get great reception everywhere i go (dallas,Tx area) and i do facetime with my fiance on my macbook. video calling quality isnt nearly as good as facetime so i will pass lol
    03-03-2018 11:02 AM
    My guess is faster updates and wifi calling. I personally went with Best Buy and got my S9+ for 812. Good deal if you ask me.
    wouldn't the s9+ unlocked from samsung update faster than verizon? also you got yours for 812, would did you trade in?
    03-03-2018 11:03 AM
    wouldn't the s9+ unlocked from samsung update faster than verizon? also you got yours for 812, would did you trade in?
    Nope. Samsung updates their unlocked devices last the majority of the time. Carrier versions take priority for them. And I didn't trade anything in. Best Buy full price for it on yesterday was 912 and then they gave me 100 off for getting it yesterday so total came out to 812 and it's split over 24 months.
    03-03-2018 11:12 AM
    For me the unlocked S9 was not an option as it doesn't have WiFi calling. That's a must for me. I get poor reception here at home. To each their own. Too bad the branded versions weren't also $719.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    03-03-2018 11:20 AM
    Nope. Samsung updates their unlocked devices last the majority of the time. Carrier versions take priority for them. And I didn't trade anything in. Best Buy full price for it on yesterday was 912 and then they gave me 100 off for getting it yesterday so total came out to 812 and it's split over 24 months.
    hmmmm i remember my s8 plus getting an update last on verizon last year
    03-03-2018 12:26 PM
    hmmmm i remember my s8 plus getting an update last on verizon last year
    It wasn't after the unlocked. Look it up anywhere, unlocked models in the US get updates last the majority of the time.
    03-03-2018 12:28 PM
    It wasn't after the unlocked. Look it up anywhere, unlocked models in the US get updates last the majority of the time.
    oh ok thats fine, i will deal with the late updates. rather that over bloat slowing down my phone.
    03-03-2018 12:35 PM
    I am holding out until Verizon offers S9+ with 128GB internal storage. No idea why they are only taking orders for 64GB versions. The UK launched with both. SD card storage is nice but tedious to move apps to SD, they run more slowly on SD, and system OS updates move apps back to internal memory undoing all the work to move them there. So the only solution for me is 128GB internal memory. Surprised more people aren't complaining about this.
    03-03-2018 12:43 PM
    oh ok thats fine, i will deal with the late updates. rather that over bloat slowing down my phone.
    Unless you're actively using the "bloat", the device will be the exact same speed. They can easily be disabled on the Verizon version. Only Pro to the unlocked version is that you can easily switch carriers. However, for the time being, Verizon phones still come unlocked so not much of a benefit for people who buy the Verizon version. Mostly just cons to getting the unlocked except for the price. However, Best Buy eliminated the price difference as well. Now when Verizon starts locking the phones down in the name of "theft deterrent" then there will be a benefit to the unlocked. I hope one day Samsung starts pushing updates to the unlocked devices more quickly. That would be awesome.
    03-03-2018 12:45 PM
    I am holding out until Verizon offers S9+ with 128GB internal storage. No idea why they are only taking orders for 64GB versions. The UK launched with both. SD card storage is nice but tedious to move apps to SD, they run more slowly on SD, and system OS updates move apps back to internal memory undoing all the work to move them there. So the only solution for me is 128GB internal memory. Surprised more people aren't complaining about this.
    You will likely be waiting forever. Probably not gonna happen.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    03-03-2018 12:46 PM
    Unless you're actively using the "bloat", the device will be the exact same speed. They can easily be disabled on the Verizon version. Only Pro to the unlocked version is that you can easily switch carriers. However, for the time being, Verizon phones still come unlocked so not much of a benefit for people who buy the Verizon version. Mostly just cons to getting the unlocked except for the price. However, Best Buy eliminated the price difference as well. Now when Verizon starts locking the phones down in the name of "theft deterrent" then there will be a benefit to the unlocked. I hope one day Samsung starts pushing updates to the unlocked devices more quickly. That would be awesome.
    i know verizon said they will start the "theft deterrent" in the spring luckily the s9 wont get hit with that. i use to buy the verizon models all the time, i bought the s8 plus from verizon last year but decided against it this year. paid off my s8+ and paid in full for the unlcoked s9+ dont wanna be i debt to verizon anymore lol
    amyf27 and Jaycemiskel like this.
    03-03-2018 12:48 PM
    I was seriously considering samsung direct order but I ended up getting the Verizon version via best buy due to their 100 off. The reason was for me I upgrade every year and in order to be eligible to upgrade next year the fine print states on samsung you need to be enrolled in their 11.99 premium care plan otherwise you have to pay off the phone in full before upgrading next year. In short samsung would have essentially required me to pay 11.99 more a month to be able to upgrade next year....if I interpreted correctly
    03-03-2018 01:08 PM
    You will likely be waiting forever. Probably not gonna happen.
    Is this your speculation or do you have specific knowledge?
    03-03-2018 01:36 PM
    Speculation based on the past. I'm not an insider or anything. I would bet money though that you'll never see a 128gb Verizon version. If anything you might see an unlocked 128gb, but if that were the case it probably would have been available from the jump.
    03-03-2018 01:42 PM
    I know you mentioned you were surprised that you hadn't seen more complaints about that. There's a reason why people aren't complaining. People don't care. I would consider myself a power user, but even I don't have 64gb worth of apps, and everything else can be stored on an SD card. 64gb with expandable storage is probably enough for 99.5% of their user base if not more than that. You'll notice that other than iPhones and the Pixel (which doesn't have expandable storage), most carriers don't seem to offer more than one storage sku of phones. There's a reason for that. The higher storage Skus don't sell. If you don't have people who visit forums complaining though, I can just about guarantee you that the general consumer couldn't care less.
    03-03-2018 01:49 PM
    Yes my 9+ came to $812 after $100 off with BB too. I was expecting it to be more. Of course that was not counting the $64 sales tax and $30 activation fee.
    03-03-2018 02:25 PM
    Got the unlocked from Samsung for use on VZ. Odd that VZ only offered $250 for my trade and Samsung offered $350. No brainer.
    03-04-2018 07:36 PM
    Does anyone know when people who pre-ordered from Verizon will get their phones? The site says "Ships on 03/16/20018". I called Verizon and they couldn't answer my question.
    03-05-2018 11:34 AM
    My confirmation email from Verizon states by 3/12 since I am a Verizon Up customer but we will see. I ended up having to cancel my order on launch date on Friday and reorder this morning to take advantage of device dollar credits through the Verizon Up program. My second comfirmation email is still showing 3/12 though.
    03-05-2018 11:45 AM
    wifi calling and video calling arent enough for me to pay the extra money. i get great reception everywhere i go (dallas,Tx area) and i do facetime with my fiance on my macbook. video calling quality isnt nearly as good as facetime so i will pass lol
    Verizon customer service has publicly stated on Twitter that the only feature that won't work on the unlocked S9/S9+ is the visual voicemail. They specifically stated WiFi calling will work on unlocked. Now whether that's the truth or not, who knows, I'm counting on it being true. I tried to embed the tweets for proof, but mods blocked me.
    03-05-2018 03:13 PM
193 1234 ...