Verizon: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Ordered black for one line

Having issues with purple on other line with bestbuy, Verizon website and telesales

I think something was wrong on the Verizon side cause non of my saved payment info would work. I had to use PayPal for it to go through. Was strange

kevinpb

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I completed my Verizon preorder S9+ with PayPal because the MasterCard verification was failing. It went through. Then 1 hour later got email that order was in review because payment failed. Called Verizon Wireless and rep had to have another preorder sent through and charged my credit card correctly.

Then I got an email to accept the terms and conditions, after that then order went through correctly. I stayed on phone and the Verizon rep confirmed preordered and order numbers.

Very interesting in the confirmation email it said - Verizon Up exclusive:
Because you're with Verizon Up, you'll receive your Samsung Galaxy S9 early. Estimated delivery by 3/12.

I am praying this is not a joke how cool!

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I completed my Verizon preorder S9+ with PayPal because the MasterCard verification was failing. It went through. Then 1 hour later got email that order was in review because payment failed. Called Verizon Wireless and rep had to have another preorder sent through and charged my credit card correctly.

Then I got an email to accept the terms and conditions, after that then order went through correctly. I stayed on phone and the Verizon rep confirmed preordered and order numbers.

Very interesting in the confirmation email it said - Verizon Up exclusive:
Because you're with Verizon Up, you'll receive your Samsung Galaxy S9 early. Estimated delivery by 3/12.

I am praying this is not a joke how cool!

Ive always gotten these pre orders before release. I really hope they don't hold our phones hostage now cause we are not in the Verizon up program!

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My email said to enroll in Verizon Up and receive the phone early. Strangely enough, I'm already enrolled in the Verizon Up. Guess I'm going to have to call them.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just preordered a Lilac Purple S9 from Verizon.

I had been debating whether to order from Verizon, Samsung, or Best Buy. What I found out by going thru the ordering process for each online was that all three options required you to use the 24 month payment plan in order to trade in a phone and get the discount.

So for me Verizon was $599.99 (with a $200 trade in), Samsung was$649.99 (with a $150 trade in) and Best Buy was $691.92 with the $100 off for March 2 orders only.

With Best Buy I didn't see how you could apply a trade in gift card that would go towards to cost of the phone since you had to accept the 24 month plan or else pay the full price which was $792. If I had bought it outright from BB then the cost would have been $642 IF I could apply the gift card at the time of purchase. And that is iffy. Some have said yes you can and others have said no. At any rate that still came out to $50 more for me over Verizon.

You do have to pay for sales tax for the full price and a $30 activation fee.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to get a straight answer out of Verizon about the S9 promos and whether it would be eligible for the Annual Upgrade Program when the S10 comes out. Agent basically hung up on me when she could not answer the question. I want to be sure that the S9/S9+ will be eligible for the upgrade program so can anyone verify this?

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
i have verizon but didnt order through them, instead i went with samsung directly and ordered the unlocked version. said it should be here by the 14th. i have a question why did you guys order through verizon rather than samsung directly? the unlocked model was 100 bucks cheaper. i would love to hear

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
i have a question why did you guys order through verizon rather than samsung directly? the unlocked model was 100 bucks cheaper. i would love to hear

The unlocked version is MUCH cheaper than the Verizon, ATT, etc. versions on Samsung.com. The Verizon version on Samsung.com is $799.99. The same price as thru Verizon. Plus Verizon gave me $200 for my trade-in whereby Samsung's was only $150.00.

So for me, Verizon was the better deal. Now if you buy unlocked then yes, you are right.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
The unlocked version is MUCH cheaper than the Verizon, ATT, etc. versions on Samsung.com. The Verizon version on Samsung.com is $799.99. The same price as thru Verizon. Plus Verizon gave me $200 for my trade-in whereby Samsung's was only $150.00.

So for me, Verizon was the better deal. Now if you buy unlocked then yes, you are right.

oh ok. yeah i usually buy from verizon but saving that $100 was pretty good and no bloatware is gonna be great! but all in all the phone will be great!

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Just placed my order for a Coral Blue S9. $300 trade in credit for my G6. I owed $396 on it so I had to pay that off first. This will be the first phone since my Droid X2 that I plan on keeping for two years.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger and ordered a Lilac Purple S9+ and got the email confirmation about the 3/12 delivery date since I am a Verizon up customer! Now to figure out screen protector and a case!

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The big reason I didn't go with a unlocked S9 from Samsung.com was that it does not support WiFi calling! That is a must for me. I have lousy reception here at home. It was cheaper (sigh).