Verizon: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

jesmann

Sep 1, 2010
www.mokaraoke.com
After a disastrous preorder from Best Buy was cancelled this morning due to an error placed a new order using the My Verizon app. When I got to checkout it said 2 day shipping when I clicked to change the only option was Free 2 day shipping but it said next to it that would be delivered March 16 if ordered by 4pm. Can anyone verify the accuracy

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
No. My box came separately for the return with a special return envelope and instructions. Same way when my husband got his Note 8 when it csme out.

My return envelope came in the box with my phone. I used a different box than the one everything came in though. The return label was for UPS and the phone came in a Fed Ex box. I just felt weird about shipping something via UPS in a Fed Ex box.

jesmann

Sep 1, 2010
www.mokaraoke.com
I'm happy with Verizon even though I paid more I had a major cluster of issues with Best Buy which led to them cancelling an order this morning I placed an order with Verizon directly and it's been shipped to deliver tomorrow.

Kfife10

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
I have a Trade-in question: I am trading in my old S6 to Verizon. I was told when I placed my order that I would get a box to send in my old phone. But I didn't get a box. Does this come separately or later? Should I be concerned and call CS about it?

When I got my phone on Wednesday, I didn't get any trade-in materials, so I called yesterday, and a Verizon rep told me that I had to order the trade-in box separately. She gave me this link via text: vzw.com/device-recycle. I followed the instructions, and it confirmed the amount of my trade-in and I got a confirmation email stating that the trade-in box was ordered. Then this morning I got an email saying that the trade-in box was shipped, and I should get it in a couple of days. Hope that helps anyone. The website says you have 15 days from the day you receive your phone to mail the trade-in box with your old phone, so it's definitely something to get on top on as soon as possible.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Offers Buy One, Get One Free On Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus

Aaaaaaand here comes the preorder remorse.
We preordered both the S9 and the S9 plus from verizon.
:mad:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Offers Buy One, Get One Free On Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus

Aaaaaaand here comes the preorder remorse.
We preordered both the S9 and the S9 plus from verizon.
:mad:
You only get it if you add a new line though. So unless you were going to add a new line, you didn't miss out on anything.

dedicado

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon people for the pre-order of the S9/S9+ sound off below!

Buy one Galaxy device and get another Galaxy device for free.

With Verizon Device Payment Program only.

Verizon Device Payment Program

$66.67/mo for 24 mo at 0% APR; $1599.98 totalδ
$0 Down (for qualified customers). Excludes taxes and shipping.
For Verizon offer only: Buy one Galaxy S9 or S9+, and get one Galaxy S9 free. Device payment purchase per device req’d. 2nd phone of equal or lesser value: $799.99 promo credit applied to account over 24 mos. & starts within 1–2 bill cycles; promo credit ends when balance paid or line terminated/transferred; 0% APR. New line of service required. Activation/upgrade fee/line: $30.

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No. My box came separately for the return with a special return envelope and instructions. Same way when my husband got his Note 8 when it csme out.

Yeah, I can see Verizon has changed things up. I am going through a return, and the same thing happened. Original box fedex as expected, no return label. Follow up is through UPS, which in the many years with Verizon, I have never had happen.

Tbill4

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered S9+ on 3/11/18, received and activated phone on 3/16/18. Started request for trade-in on 3/19/18. Verizon sent prepaid box, returned a Galaxy S7 to Verison received at their facility on 3/28/18. Received message from Verizon on 4/1/18 giving me a $97 trade-in credit instead of the $300 bill credit I was supposed to have received as part of the pre-order promotion. Three separate chat sessions with Verizon reps have assured me the correct credit will be given but has not happened so far. Has anyone else experience this problem, and how do I get through to Verizon and get the problem fixed?

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Pre-ordered S9+ on 3/11/18, received and activated phone on 3/16/18. Started request for trade-in on 3/19/18. Verizon sent prepaid box, returned a Galaxy S7 to Verison received at their facility on 3/28/18. Received message from Verizon on 4/1/18 giving me a $97 trade-in credit instead of the $300 bill credit I was supposed to have received as part of the pre-order promotion. Three separate chat sessions with Verizon reps have assured me the correct credit will be given but has not happened so far. Has anyone else experience this problem, and how do I get through to Verizon and get the problem fixed?

It's standard operating procedure, as far as I can tell.

I had this same experience attempting to use the trade-in program on my S7 Edge when I bought the S8+.

Traded (four of) them in, and was notified that Verizon would be crediting my account for about half of what the trade-in program has promised.

Called probably six (maybe more) times over the course of about three weeks - each time waiting on hold for the requisite 30-60 minutes before speaking to someone - and each time I was told the situation would be resolved now.

Of course, it was not.

Finally, I went to a Verizon store and explained the situation to them. They claimed there was nothing they could do about it, and referred me back to calling Verizon corporate. After reminding them of just how many times I'd done that, they didn't change their position on the matter.

I then asked to cancel my (eighteen-year-old) contract with them, and inquired if they could direct me to the nearest AT&T store. At that point they offered to call on my behalf to see what had happened to my trade-in. That did finally resolve it.

Fast-forward to today - when I just got back from the same Verizon store. After calling Verizon corporate three times during the last three weeks (again, waiting 45 minutes or so each time) to ask where my shipping boxes were so that I could return my four S8+ phones - I still did not receive them. What I did get in the mail yesterday was a single shipping label for one phone, and a note on how to return my "defective" merchandise.

The local Verizon store this time claimed they could accept the phones and return them for me - and so I did.

It remains to be seen just how many additional calls it will take to actually get the $350/24-months applied to my four lines.

This is all, of course, by design. If even a fraction of their customers give up on the process due to frustration - it is just free money for VZW.

Best of luck to you, and just know that if you do persevere that you will likely get the trade-in value. Just be prepared to spend literally hours on the phone to do so.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol