Sprint: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In my case, I think the UPS system noted the label being created and assumed it was being sent at that time, hence the text I got saying it would be delivered on Friday.
As we now know, they are all sitting in a warehouse, labled and ready to go, waiting to be picked up Monday and then into our hands on Tuesday and beyond.

Again, receiving it on the 13th is better than receiving it on the 16th.

I council patience, my young Jedis.

Mav. :cool:

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I think the UPS system noted the label being created and assumed it was being sent at that time, hence the text I got saying it would be delivered on Friday.
As we now know, they are all sitting in a warehouse, labled and ready to go, waiting to be picked up Monday and then into our hands on Tuesday and beyond.

Again, receiving it on the 13th is better than receiving it on the 16th.

I council patience, my young Jedis.

This is Saturday. A non-UPS standard day. If they're still at "label created", they won't start moving until Monday, and even if they do inexplicably move today, they are 2 day airs (which is annoying since we were told free overnight shipping) and that would put the delivery for Tuesday at the earliest. I run a UPS Store, so I know how their logistics chain works. They shouldn't have notified us that they were "shipped" if they weren't.

Nomant1

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I just received an email saying my order has shipped. UPS site says expected delivery is the 9th.

Dude You're lucky! I called sprint and they said that the phone is going to ship on the 12th, they assigned a tracking number but no updates from UPS yet -_-

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This is Saturday. A non-UPS standard day. If they're still at "label created", they won't start moving until Monday, and even if they do inexplicably move today, they are 2 day airs (which is annoying since we were told free overnight shipping) and that would put the delivery for Tuesday at the earliest. I run a UPS Store, so I know how their logistics chain works. They shouldn't have notified us that they were "shipped" if they weren't.

True story.
Most likely automation and computers noted there was a tracking number for this order and then just sent e-mails and texts without knowing the packages were not being sent that day.
Oh well. Technology is great when it works. ;)

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just checked the tracker today and nothing! Just sitting in the warehouse ready to ship hopefully tomorrow!

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
They use multiple carriers, I think, depending on the location. Mine is shipping UPS.

I got an email on Thursday saying it "shipped." But still no updates on the UPS site, so I contact Sprint today. They said it's "staged" for shipping, and will actually ship on Monday, delivered on Tuesday. Got all excited for nothing. ;)
It should appear on ups

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
They use multiple carriers, I think, depending on the location. Mine is shipping UPS.

I got an email on Thursday saying it "shipped." But still no updates on the UPS site, so I contact Sprint today. They said it's "staged" for shipping, and will actually ship on Monday, delivered on Tuesday. Got all excited for nothing. ;)

I don't see how a 2 day air can ship Monday and be delivered Tuesday, but whatever you say, sprint! 😝

I swear their customer reps just make stuff up half the time.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Just finished chatting with Sprint... and they said phones will start shipping tomorrow and most of us should receive our devices BY Tuesday.... here’s to waiting again Lol