Samsung Direct: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I still have no tracking #, no emails and nothing when I try to check the reference # on Fedex. Hope I get something soon. Really hoping for a Wed delivery. Ordered on the 4th.

anon(8082647)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tracking tip. The key for it working for me was adding "_01" at the end of the Samsung order number. The fedex tracking shows the package was picked up in Plainfield, IN with a scheduled delivery date of 3/14 (in Mississippi).

Fletchand

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I did, and i think it would be good practice to do it asap. This is from the fine print of Samsung's Terms for the trade in.

"If you send in a trade-in device and it is received within 15 days of receipt of your Qualifying Purchase but does not meet all eligibility requirements, you will be charged back the value of the trade-in credit you received minus $25. Participation in this program does not excuse you from contracts with your carrier or retailer (or any related payments or fees) for the device that was traded in. You may not participate if you lease or do not own the device you would be trading in"

If you still have a balance, you don't technically own it yet.

Thanks. That's how I was interpreting it too. Concerned they would send it back to me.

LJSquishy

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there any kind of "try me" type guarantee when ordering directly from Samsung like most mobile carriers offer? I'm starting to get cold feet reading some battery life reports trickling in now. The S9+ is replacing my 5yr old Droid Maxx and even that thing still lasts a full day with moderate to heavy use.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there any kind of "try me" type guarantee when ordering directly from Samsung like most mobile carriers offer? I'm starting to get cold feet reading some battery life reports trickling in now. The S9+ is replacing my 5yr old Droid Maxx and even that thing still lasts a full day with moderate to heavy use.
Sure if you don't like, you can initiate a return and they will take it back. Last time when I checked they don't charge any restocking fee but even if they do it's a small amount.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordered an S9+. Selling my Note 8. Don't use the S-Pen, and the S9+ is slightly more pocket friendly.

My status from Samsung Canada is "Preparing Dispatch". They are supposed to start shipping out tomorrow.

Perfect. I'm headed to Maui next Wednesday. Perfect opportunity to test drive the cameras on the S9+.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My S9+ shows that it was picked up yesterday (Monday) from Brightpoint for a Wednesday delivery. It hasn't changed status since yesterday. Ugh. Think FedEx just sits on it for a day because it can easily get it to me overnight?

Fletchand

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My S9+ shows that it was picked up yesterday (Monday) from Brightpoint for a Wednesday delivery. It hasn't changed status since yesterday. Ugh. Think FedEx just sits on it for a day because it can easily get it to me overnight?

Mine hasn't moved either. Where are you located? I'm in Mass under a blizzard so wondering if storm related or if they haven't moved any of them yet...?

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Georgia, so I shouldn't be affected by that storm. Samsung did finally update the page and send me a shipment notification even though it hasn't moved on the FedEx side. Still haven't seen a charge for the phone though. Has everyone else had their card charged if it "shipped"?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is finally near me in Marietta, should be on the truck shortly and hopefully here by noon. I'll post pics when it gets here. As a funny little aside, my order I cancelled is also coming today, one Sprint and one unlocked version. Keeping Sprint for the Calling Plus and features that are carrier specific.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is finally near me in Marietta, should be on the truck shortly and hopefully here by noon. I'll post pics when it gets here. As a funny little aside, my order I cancelled is also coming today, one Sprint and one unlocked version. Keeping Sprint for the Calling Plus and features that are carrier specific.

Has your card been charged for either?