Samsung Direct: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Are there any financing options through Samsung directly?
Yes, they work through TD Bank, but it's pretty seamless from their website. 24 months no interest IF you pay on time, and not just the minimum payment but the full $32 or whatever it works out to be per month. TD Bank is not the easiest to setup, but once you do, you should be fine.

Fletchand

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Trying to order with student discount and ebates. When i go to order the S9+ it shows 776.99 but when i add in my s7e as trade it jumps to a net of 499.99. Did that happen to anyone else? Not sure I follow why it does that.

I let it go through (trying to make sure i get the 6% ebates) and sent them an email.

Hoping ebates part worked as well...

-Fletch

Fletchand

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Trying to order with student discount and ebates. When i go to order the S9+ it shows 776.99 but when i add in my s7e as trade it jumps to a net of 499.99. Did that happen to anyone else? Not sure I follow why it does that.

I let it go through (trying to make sure i get the 6% ebates) and sent them an email.

Hoping ebates part worked as well...

-Fletch

Quick update: They emailed back and said you get the 7.5% student discount on the net purchase. I disagreed with them and said the discount should apply to purchased item and I should get the full 300 for my trade in. They said no. What can ya do? Oh well.

Good news on ebates. just posted. GLTA!

-Fletch

OgRyan

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
Inconsistent GS9/GS9+ ship dates

I am trying to figure out why it is so much inconsistency surrounding the ship date of the GS9/9+.I pre-ordered a GS9+ on 3/2/18 form Samsung.com. Samsung said "guaranteed delivery by 3/14" prior to pre-ordering and still does. I have spoken with several Samsung reps that have given inconsistent information. I have heard "Guaranteed ship by 3/14", "Guaranteed delivery by 3/14", "It will be delivered prior to the 14th." I had a rep today argue with me stating that "the promise is for it to be shipped out on 3/14 not delivered by 3/14" despite the site still saying "Get your phone first.order today to receive BY 3/14." Receive BY or delivery BY indicates(to me at least) that the phone will be on my doorstep BY 3/14. Meaning that 3/14 is the latest. This is my first time pre-ordering a phone as I normally go to the store after release. Any one have any experience with pre-ordering phones? Do they generally come prior to the "launch date?"

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Inconsistent GS9/GS9+ ship dates

I am trying to figure out why it is so much inconsistency surrounding the ship date of the GS9/9+.I pre-ordered a GS9+ on 3/2/18 form Samsung.com. Samsung said "guaranteed delivery by 3/14" prior to pre-ordering and still does. I have spoken with several Samsung reps that have given inconsistent information. I have heard "Guaranteed ship by 3/14", "Guaranteed delivery by 3/14", "It will be delivered prior to the 14th." I had a rep today argue with me stating that "the promise is for it to be shipped out on 3/14 not delivered by 3/14" despite the site still saying "Get your phone first.order today to receive BY 3/14." Receive BY or delivery BY indicates(to me at least) that the phone will be on my doorstep BY 3/14. Meaning that 3/14 is the latest. This is my first time pre-ordering a phone as I normally go to the store after release. Any one have any experience with pre-ordering phones? Do they generally come prior to the "launch date?"

The inconsistency is that you're talking to online reps.

Stop.

The site says "by 3/14". If you don't get it by 3/14 like the site says, then it's time to complain.

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
No changes here. Looks like Sprint started shipping today with a delivery date of tomorrow. Hope we see the same over here from Samsung.

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Will wifi calling work with the unlocked s9 on tmobile? Important because I might get the unlocked Note 9.

I'm pretty sure T-Mobile is the only carrier that does not block advanced LTE settings on unlocked devices, so yes, wifi calling should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol