My head is spinning looking at options trying to figure out where to order. I am a Verizon customer (and Verizon UP) looking to trade in my S6 Edge, but also have ebate and Coupon Cabin rebate accounts.

I am eligible for an upgrade so I think that throws out cash back from ebates and Coupon Cabin, so am I better off ordering from Samsung or going through Best Buy? Also how does trade in work if you go through Samsung or Best Buy? I am not under contract with VZW anymore so does the trade in come back in form of gift card?

Sorry for all the questions!
    03-02-2018 10:23 AM
    Please see my experience under the Verizon Preorder thread.

With Best Buy if you pay full price the price is $792 (even today March 2). You only get the $100 off if you put it on a 24 month payment plan and I don't see how you can apply the gift card for your trade-in that way. Now if you buy things from BB then the gift card might come in handy for other purchases.

I ordered mine from Verizon. Samsung would have been $50 more. Go through the preorder process at each and you can see.
    03-02-2018 11:20 AM
    My head is spinning looking at options trying to figure out where to order. I am a Verizon customer (and Verizon UP) looking to trade in my S6 Edge, but also have ebate and Coupon Cabin rebate accounts.

I am eligible for an upgrade so I think that throws out cash back from ebates and Coupon Cabin, so am I better off ordering from Samsung or going through Best Buy? Also how does trade in work if you go through Samsung or Best Buy? I am not under contract with VZW anymore so does the trade in come back in form of gift card?

Sorry for all the questions!
    I ordered mine through Samsung directly with S7 trade in.
    03-02-2018 11:26 AM
    I ordered through BB. Didn't need the unlocked version. Through BB I saved 100 so that's good.
    03-02-2018 11:33 AM
    Rjack22,

I tried doing that but I can't figure out a way to see my total cost with Verizon, their cart is so convoluted and all they want to show you are monthly figures. I want to see the total cost of the phone, less trade in and with taxes, but even the VZW couldn't figure out show to show me that number! I'm assuming the difference between VZW and Samsung for you was in the trade in value? Or were you basing the difference on ordering an unlocked phone through Samsung?
    03-02-2018 11:42 AM
    Rjack22,

I tried doing that but I can't figure out a way to see my total cost with Verizon, their cart is so convoluted and all they want to show you are monthly figures. I want to see the total cost of the phone, less trade in and with taxes, but even the VZW couldn't figure out show to show me that number! I'm assuming the difference between VZW and Samsung for you was in the trade in value? Or were you basing the difference on ordering an unlocked phone through Samsung?
    The total cost will be in the installment agreement. Open that up and you'll be able to see. I paid 812 for my S9+ which is split over 24 months so it's actually a little over a hundred off because Verizon is 930.
    03-02-2018 01:14 PM