03-11-2018 12:17 PM
51 123
tools
    Going to have both. I can't leave my Note 8. I'll just swap Sims for different occasions 😁 just saving my N8 for the trade in for the N9.
    03-03-2018 07:40 PM
    Tempted.....very tempted.
    03-03-2018 07:58 PM
    I'll be switching between both. The S8+ has already been dedicated to VR the past few months.
    03-03-2018 08:30 PM
    I have a Note 8 and have already ordered the S9 Plus from CLOVE UK - (I am in the US) I always used to by TMOBILE Phones and use them on ATT but when TMOBILE Locked the bootloader I found a new source for Samsung Phones at Clove - anyway, I love the Note 8 - a lot! But I am very excited about the S9 Plus - the camera especially - the Note 8 camera is really good - but the S9 Plus promises to be even better. I also can't wait to hear the S9 Plus myself - I have heard very positive things from people who have played around with it - but I don't think you can make judgements about something personal like how good you think something sounds until you hear it yourself. Everybody hears things differently - my hearing is bad because I worked in radio for 20 years and listened to headphones really loud over the years - now, I know have some hearing loss - not as bad as the guy from the Marines who posted earlier I am sure - but just the same - all my previous Samsung phones have all been kind of weak in the sound department, I am hoping that has been fixed with the new S9plus. So I am counting the days. I think the people at Clove said they start shipping on the 8th - about a week from now, I should be jamming on my new S9Plus!
    03-03-2018 10:37 PM
    I ended up preordering the S9 Plus last night (lilac color) from Tmobile. I have the Jump on Demand plan, so if I end up not liking it after awhile, I can jump back to the Note as long as it is still available . I don't see that happening though - the specs are pretty close to it plus Ihave the Samsung Tab S3 with S Pen and use that quite a bit during the day.

Heck I may even get another Note later on as an extra device lol. I just have to pay off a few things on my accoun.
    03-04-2018 06:24 AM
    Yep, I did the same thing - did the 300 trade in for my S7E.
    03-04-2018 06:48 AM
    Very Happy with my Note 8 will wait for Note 9 which will have same or better features than s9+ and the S pen one of the main reason people get Note 8 for....
    03-04-2018 07:00 AM
    Very Happy with my Note 8 will wait for Note 9 which will have same or better features than s9+ and the S pen one of the main reason people get Note 8 for....
    I hear ya there - I'm keeping my N8, but truth be told, I don't use the pen as often as I used too. Plus I unloaded my S7E. Lol
    03-04-2018 07:03 AM
    Not dumping it. Keeping my note 8. More like in addition to
    Same for me. I love my note, but also love shiny new toys
    arunma likes this.
    03-04-2018 07:08 AM
    not anymore, if it was for power users it would have an A LOT bigger and removable battery, better performance and wouldn't be so fragile

The note line nowadays is for just for those that NEED the pen, I find it useful but I don't NEED it and don't use it often as I prefer typing notes with SwiftKey than handwriting
    Not a Workhorse anymore. Deprecated the line starting with the Note 4. But I still bought the Note 8 for the stylus.
    03-04-2018 07:58 AM
    Honestly if you have a Note 8 just wait for the Note 9.Yeah the new camera and features sound nice on the S9+ but the Note line always has those same features but then adds that extra something to make it better than the S series. If you can wait then wait. If you're a tech nerd with the means to purchase every new device then go for it too.
    03-04-2018 03:00 PM
    Not a Workhorse anymore. Deprecated the line starting with the Note 4. But I still bought the Note 8 for the stylus.
    Starting with the note 5 it depreciated the note 4 was still a way better phone then what was out that year the s5 ? The next year that's when the came out with the s6 edge plus right ?
    03-04-2018 03:13 PM
    I'm still liking my note 8; works perfectly for me. I don't seem to have any of the problems other posters are having, plus I use the s pen for everything. I would be interested to know what trade in value, for the note 8, you are getting for the new s9, specifically with T-Mobile.
    03-04-2018 09:23 PM
    Considered it after ordering my wife the regular S9 in Lilac. That blue looks really nice. I'm trying to hold off until the Note 9. I think the edges are more pronounced as far as the curve is concerned on the S9+ though and that really irked me when I had the S8+.

I'm thinking I will be able to fight temptation. Hopefully I will.
    03-05-2018 02:32 PM
    If you are coming from a note 8 it doesn't make sense to upgrade to the s9 imo. The note 8 has 6gbs of ram, dual good cameras, good front camera, battery life is kinda meh, s-pen. Snapdragon 845 is a marginal bump from 835, the only real improvements are the cameras and changeable aperture
    Mike328 and AustinTech like this.
    03-05-2018 03:37 PM
    If you are coming from a note 8 it doesn't make sense to upgrade to the s9 imo. The note 8 has 6gbs of ram, dual good cameras, good front camera, battery life is kinda meh, s-pen. Snapdragon 845 is a marginal bump from 835, the only real improvements are the cameras and changeable aperture
    Agreed
    03-05-2018 04:13 PM
    Just got my first S9Plus case in. Here's a side by side shot. I had hands on experience with one - the usuable screen area is only minutely smaller than the Note 8 is. There is less "space" in the phone bode between the Screen and the Top/Bottom. In my opinion, it's almost like taking the Note 8 and making the body a tiny bit shorter but barely adjusting the screen size.
    jamezr, PapaBless and AustinTech like this.
    03-05-2018 04:20 PM
    Starting with the note 5 it depreciated the note 4 was still a way better phone then what was out that year the s5 ? The next year that's when the came out with the s6 edge plus right ?
    You're r right I meant to say the Note line went downhill after the 4. Although I like the form factor of the Note 5. I use it to read at night in lieu of the. Note 8.
    03-06-2018 02:58 PM
    I ended up preordering the S9 Plus last night (lilac color) from Tmobile. I have the Jump on Demand plan, so if I end up not liking it after awhile, I can jump back to the Note as long as it is still available . I don't see that happening though - the specs are pretty close to it plus Ihave the Samsung Tab S3 with S Pen and use that quite a bit during the day.

Heck I may even get another Note later on as an extra device lol. I just have to pay off a few things on my accoun.
    The is exactly what I'm planning. I just don't ever use the stylus. Plus the S9+ dimensions have improved.

Question did you have to put any money down with your jump on demand? I've read conflicting reports.

I'm on the original JOD and even when TMO started requiring down payments they would look in the system and tell me "nothing down".
    03-06-2018 03:41 PM
    Nice comparison!
    03-07-2018 06:01 AM
    I used to switch between the S line and the note eache time using jump with T-Mobile but nothing is really pulling me to the s9 this time and I think I will really miss the s-pen, it's really useful even if I don't use it every day. Ill most likely hold out for the Note 9 which will be out in a few months, it will have all the new features of the s9 plus some more and it has the spen.
    03-07-2018 09:08 AM
    If you like Notes, wait for the N9. JMO.

Emulators could be interesting with the 845. 17% CPU and 30% GPU increase over the 835. The key though is Anandtech states the 845 does not throttle much due to low thermals even at load. That would be huge for higher end emulators. My 8+ as example throttles after five to ten minutes. Noticed with higher end emulators.
    03-07-2018 07:45 PM
    No I change phones about every 2.5 years. I see nothing that would make me spend money on a new phone.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-07-2018 07:54 PM
    Going to have both. I can't leave my Note 8. I'll just swap Sims for different occasions just saving my N8 for the trade in for the N9.
    This is precisely where my head is at.
    03-10-2018 04:35 PM
    This is precisely where my head is at.
    I'm thinking that may be where I end up lol. I used a "Tmobile Jump"to upgrade to the S9Plus, but if I end up not being able ot leave my note.... well we will see. Hoping it arrives tomorrow - come on, UPS origin scan!
    03-11-2018 11:14 AM
51 123