Anyone dumping the note 8 and switching to the S9plus

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
If you are coming from a note 8 it doesn't make sense to upgrade to the s9 imo. The note 8 has 6gbs of ram, dual good cameras, good front camera, battery life is kinda meh, s-pen. Snapdragon 845 is a marginal bump from 835, the only real improvements are the cameras and changeable aperture

Agreed

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just got my first S9Plus case in. Here's a side by side shot. I had hands on experience with one - the usuable screen area is only minutely smaller than the Note 8 is. There is less "space" in the phone bode between the Screen and the Top/Bottom. In my opinion, it's almost like taking the Note 8 and making the body a tiny bit shorter but barely adjusting the screen size. :)
9ac6ed796f928c1b32f9743b1e5b9faa.jpg
6bb4bcfdf040f137ce859ccdf3b14028.jpg

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Starting with the note 5 it depreciated the note 4 was still a way better phone then what was out that year the s5 ? The next year that's when the came out with the s6 edge plus right ?

You're r right I meant to say the Note line went downhill after the 4. Although I like the form factor of the Note 5. I use it to read at night in lieu of the. Note 8.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I ended up preordering the S9 Plus last night (lilac color) from Tmobile. I have the Jump on Demand plan, so if I end up not liking it after awhile, I can jump back to the Note as long as it is still available . I don't see that happening though - the specs are pretty close to it plus Ihave the Samsung Tab S3 with S Pen and use that quite a bit during the day.

Heck I may even get another Note later on as an extra device lol. I just have to pay off a few things on my accoun.

The is exactly what I'm planning. I just don't ever use the stylus. Plus the S9+ dimensions have improved.

Question did you have to put any money down with your jump on demand? I've read conflicting reports.

I'm on the original JOD and even when TMO started requiring down payments they would look in the system and tell me "nothing down".

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I used to switch between the S line and the note eache time using jump with T-Mobile but nothing is really pulling me to the s9 this time and I think I will really miss the s-pen, it's really useful even if I don't use it every day. Ill most likely hold out for the Note 9 which will be out in a few months, it will have all the new features of the s9 plus some more and it has the spen.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you like Notes, wait for the N9. JMO.

Emulators could be interesting with the 845. 17% CPU and 30% GPU increase over the 835. The key though is Anandtech states the 845 does not throttle much due to low thermals even at load. That would be huge for higher end emulators. My 8+ as example throttles after five to ten minutes. Noticed with higher end emulators.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
This is precisely where my head is at.
I'm thinking that may be where I end up lol. I used a "Tmobile Jump"to upgrade to the S9Plus, but if I end up not being able ot leave my note.... well we will see. Hoping it arrives tomorrow - come on, UPS origin scan!