03-11-2018 01:17 PM
51 123
tools
    After many videos on YouTube I have come to the conclusion that it's the next best thing the Galaxy S9 plus is gonna be one of the phones of the year. I will be leaving my note 8 for this Galaxy S9 plus and I am actually not gonna miss the note 8. This wasn't easy for me to decide but the camera on the S9 plus is too good to pass up on plus the snapdragon 845 is just going to push this phone to the next level.
    03-02-2018 12:51 PM
    I did the same. I was against it and was going to keep my note 8. But after watching a couple of videos I was sold on the new shiny you. Ordered at midnight. Bought a couple of cases and a screen protector lol.
    Oscar Maradiaga and amyf27 like this.
    03-02-2018 12:58 PM
    I too will be switching from the note to the s9 plus. I like the new camera and processor. I'll just switch back to the note 9 in September.
    03-02-2018 01:04 PM
    I too will be switching from the note to the s9 plus. I like the new camera and processor. I'll just switch back to the note 9 in September.
    Likewise.

"Dumping" is a little harsh though. I love my Note 8 and don't have any serious complaints. But it's always fun to have the newest thing!
    03-02-2018 02:13 PM
    I did the same. I was against it and was going to keep my note 8. But after watching a couple of videos I was sold on the new shiny you. Ordered at midnight. Bought a couple of cases and a screen protector lol.
    I'm getting the hyperknit cases
    03-02-2018 03:09 PM
    I think this the 3rd or 4th thread on this topic. The answer is yes, myself and a few others are indeed dumping the Note8 for the S9. I want to return to 100% one-hand usage, plus my Note8 is one of those plagued with the freezing bug. Did a Jump on Demand to the S9 last night with T-Mobile.

I don't like screen protectors or the way cases look, so I never rock those. I usually buy one case just for days I know I'll be especially active... hiking, an amusement park, etc.
    03-02-2018 03:19 PM
    I'm getting the hyperknit cases
    I also ordered the hyperknit case.
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    03-02-2018 03:25 PM
    No Way!
    03-02-2018 05:40 PM
    after seeing the s9+ and the features they put in the phone I will be keeping an eye on the note 9 development. I almost went with the s9+ but i feel the only large phone I would ever consider again would be the note series. For this reason I picked the reg s9, for now
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    03-02-2018 05:53 PM
    Did you get any hands on with a demo display yet. Pretty nice.
    03-02-2018 07:16 PM
    After many videos on YouTube I have come to the conclusion that it's the next best thing the Galaxy S9 plus is gonna be one of the phones of the year. I will be leaving my note 8 for this Galaxy S9 plus and I am actually not gonna miss the note 8. This wasn't easy for me to decide but the camera on the S9 plus is too good to pass up on plus the snapdragon 845 is just going to push this phone to the next level.
    Not dumping it. Keeping my note 8. More like in addition to
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    03-03-2018 01:43 AM
    same here, for me I barely use the S-pen but any improvements (even if they're very small) in these areas are very welcome:

Battery life
    Speed and smoothness
    Screen
    Speakers
    Camera
    Biometrics (intelligent scan)
    Fingerprint sensor position (when samsung implements it again on the front under the screen I will switch to that device IMMEDIATELY though)
    Signal with T-Mobile
    One hand usability

I don't really care about new bixby freayure, AR emojis or slow motion but the new aperture. for better pictures in low light conditions looks good
    03-03-2018 01:33 PM
    same here
    I really enjoy taking photos so I may do this too
    03-03-2018 01:47 PM
    Why would anyone ditch the Note 8 for the S9? They're two completely different models for two completely different types of users. The S-line is for the mainstream while the Note line is for the power users. The Note 9 will have all the features of the S9+, plus the S-Pen and more options.

If anything, hold out for the Note 9.
    JPR45 likes this.
    03-03-2018 01:51 PM
    Why would anyone ditch the Note 8 for the S9? They're two completely different models for two completely different types of users. The S-line is for the mainstream while the Note line is for the power users. The Note 9 will have all the features of the S9+, plus the S-Pen and more options.

not anymore, if it was for power users it would have an A LOT bigger and removable battery, better performance and wouldn't be so fragile

The note line nowadays is for just for those that NEED the pen, I find it useful but I don't NEED it and don't use it often as I prefer typing notes with SwiftKey than handwriting
    03-03-2018 01:59 PM
    All those features you listed are not necessarily exclusively "power user" features.

YMMV.
    03-03-2018 02:03 PM
    All those features you listed are not necessarily exclusively "power user" features.

YMMV.
    what features are for power users in your opinion? don't power users care for battery and performance?

I consider myself a power user and my priorities are:

Features (the more I can do with the phone the better)
    Battery life (it's useless if it dies at noon after heavy usage)
    Performance (I don't want to take ages to accomplish a single task when I have a lot more tasks to do)
    03-03-2018 02:08 PM
    I very well may since tmpbile just announced on the Facebook chat 0 down for well qualified T-Mobile JOD customers
    03-03-2018 02:58 PM
    Every self proclaimed "power user" has different needs. No one can claim one phone is for power users. They all are. It just depends on how you use the device.
    edubb256, jhimmel and amyf27 like this.
    03-03-2018 04:03 PM

I see this statement so much,how the hell does a s pen make you guys power users?what the hell do you do that's so serious with the s pen? Back a few years there was enough diff between the note and S series but now the S plus is just a note without a pen
    tlo07 likes this.
    03-03-2018 04:33 PM
    I am, note 8 glitches too much
    hasasimo and Oscar Maradiaga like this.
    03-03-2018 04:49 PM
    I see this statement so much,how the hell does a s pen make you guys power users?what the hell do you do that's so serious with the s pen? Back a few years there was enough diff between the note and S series but now the S plus is just a note without a pen
    Well, the Note 8 had 2GB more RAM than the S8s released last year. Plus it was bigger. And it had two cameras.

But yeah, what made it for power users?
    03-03-2018 05:03 PM
    Well, the Note 8 had 2GB more RAM than the S8s released last year. Plus it was bigger. And it had two cameras.

But yeah, what made it for power users?
    yeah but the s9+ has now the same 2 gb extra of ram, the two cameras plus a better main camera plus other features the size of the plus and note is barely the same of course the note 9 will have everything plus more but the s10 or whaterver they call it will also. have everything plus more except for the spen and that it will be 1 or 2 mm smaller.

The point is the new one always have more features and the only main difference of the note is the pen and doesn't have any specific for power users and I'm not trying to say it's bad I'm typing on my note 8 right now and my only main complain is the battery
    Macklesdaddy likes this.
    03-03-2018 05:55 PM
    The point is the new one always have more features
    That's true for all new high-end phones vs last year's models.
    03-03-2018 06:35 PM
    I think I will. Note 8 is $41/mo alone on my account not counting plan. S9+ is 30 after the 120 down. I have the tab s3 whi h i love
    03-03-2018 08:11 PM
51 123