Hey guys-

This is a bit off-topic, but I wanted to get an opinion on this. I'm currently using a Google Pixel (on T-Mo) that I like and is in pretty good shape. I'm contemplating getting a Galaxy S9 for one reason only: I've got an old, (unlocked AT&T) Galaxy S4 collecting dust, and I've actually thought about tossing it. The $200 trade-in makes me think about picking up a Galaxy S9, though.

Here's what I'm wondering, though: Is it worth it? Especially if I may just pick up a Pixel 3 (or whatever) in a few months? What happens if I later sell the S9 (within the next 2 years)? Would my bill credits stop?
    03-02-2018 01:05 PM
    That's up to you. If you don't really use it and are happy with the pixel 2 and set on the pixel 3 then why not wait.

Me. I have issues and have a compulsion to buy phones I don't need so I would get it but again. I have issues lol.
    03-02-2018 02:05 PM
    As far as I can't tell from reading through the time print, the bill credits only stop if you cancel your plan. I think it will be a separate item from your phone financing if you go that route.
    03-02-2018 02:19 PM
    I've had that compulsion, too. I went through 4 handsets in one year, and then realized I had a very expensive hobby, and slowed it down quite a bit (the pace of change has slowed as well, though I think with 5G coming that may shift a bit). Thanks!
    03-02-2018 04:04 PM
    As far as I can't tell from reading through the time print, the bill credits only stop if you cancel your plan. I think it will be a separate item from your phone financing if you go that route.
    Yeah, that's what it looks like, too, but from what I know about T-Mobile, I think that it may actually work like this: You buy the phone (on credit), making 24 payments of $30. Then your trade in gets you some of that back. I'm going to go to a store and ask - especially since I'd be tempted to just pay the phone off so I could have it unlocked if I sold it.
    03-02-2018 04:07 PM
    I've had that compulsion, too. I went through 4 handsets in one year, and then realized I had a very expensive hobby, and slowed it down quite a bit (the pace of change has slowed as well, though I think with 5G coming that may shift a bit). Thanks!
    I know what you mean. I've has 4 phone just this year. Lol. I'm sure more will come.
    03-03-2018 03:15 AM
    Yeah about that trade in, ive got an old S5 that I'm trading in and they are giving me $13 TOTAL for it, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about this $200 trade in they are promoting.
    03-03-2018 04:16 AM