Verizon Pixel XL2 or S9 Plus

David Martrano

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I prefer the s9+ over the pixalxl2. There is just no comparison in premium features. Wireless & micro s/d expansion are two of my favorites. Then the variable aperture camera which will probably be the best on the market. Also 6gb's, for myself the s9+ offers the most premium features of any!

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
The difference in the cameras is miniscule for the typical phone user, which people are stressing far too much about

Not entirely true. The thing that makes the Pixel cameras so great is that they consistently take great pictures even if you are not a great photographer who knows how to use all the manual modes. Most of the things that the new S9+ (not even the "plain" S9) can do require manual intervention. If you're a person who can make use of that, then it's a different discussion. But for the person who just wants GOOD pictures ALL THE TIME, without thinking about it, the Pixel is still on top from looking at the pictures.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes just picked up pixel XL 2 was close choice played with both for an hour at verizon. Very close choice but updates and price won out over better hardware. Both great phones but seeing the s8 on 7.0 which is 18 months old and hearing 9.0 beta will be available this month to pixel users and as a business user I got 300 off phone plus 100 bill credit and 350 trade in on phone it only cost 100 bucks I couldn't refuse. S9 plus would have been 20 more per month.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Yes just picked up pixel XL 2 was close choice played with both for an hour at verizon. Very close choice but updates and price won out over better hardware. Both great phones but seeing the s8 on 7.0 which is 18 months old and hearing 9.0 beta will be available this month to pixel users and as a business user I got 300 off phone plus 100 bill credit and 350 trade in on phone it only cost 100 bucks I couldn't refuse. S9 plus would have been 20 more per month.

Congrats I hope you love it. Also, the dev preview for 9 is available today.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm so glad you are loving your Pixel! Excellent choice! What kind of accessories will you get for it?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I am curious how snapdragon 845 is compared to 835. From snapdragon 820/821 to 835, I saw a huge upgrade for speed and efficiency.

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I can see this being me, too. At least the part about playing for a while in a store and really trying to pick one. I imagine it's a situation where I'd be happy with either once I committed.

boog204

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and would appreciate any further opinions... Coming from an S6 Edge Plus so I'm overdue for an upgrade and have been waiting for the S9+. Through Verizon, the Pixel is $300 off so it would be over $15/month savings versus the S9+. I'm an Android guy, but pretty simple in utilization. Pictures, apps, internet, phone/text, etc. I pre-ordered the Samsung already, but am having second thoughts already just based on savings. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and would appreciate any further opinions... Coming from an S6 Edge Plus so I'm overdue for an upgrade and have been waiting for the S9+. Through Verizon, the Pixel is $300 off so it would be over $15/month savings versus the S9+. I'm an Android guy, but pretty simple in utilization. Pictures, apps, internet, phone/text, etc. I pre-ordered the Samsung already, but am having second thoughts already just based on savings. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Well the other guy went pixel, so you should go Samsung so that the thread stays in balance.