Verizon Pixel XL2 or S9 Plus

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd go with the Pixel 2, just for the Android updates. It's nice getting the security updates each month, and knowing you'll be getting the new versions of Android as they are released.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm going back and forth like crazy on these two! Google Store has a sweet deal on the Pixel XL2 right now (trade in credit + $100 Google credit, unlocked or Verizon) which would knock my $ for it to $599 for the 64G. I like that the phone has a 2 year warranty and 3 years of updates (I think that' up to Android R). But drawbacks are processor, no headphone jack or extra storage option. But I do love the quick updates (how quickly they responded to updating screen color options).

I believe the$100 credit is given to you weeks later as a store credit

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the pics my 8+ takes and the 9+ takes a tad better pics. 9+ has card slot, 3.5 jack and better sounding speakers. I tested speakers myself so long to the point of questioning why I wasted so much time testing two phones. Heck, I would pick my 8+ over the Pixel XL2 and the 8+ speaker is harsh.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I like the pics my 8+ takes and the 9+ takes a tad better pics. 9+ has card slot, 3.5 jack and better sounding speakers. I tested speakers myself so long to the point of questioning why I wasted so much time testing two phones. Heck, I would pick my 8+ over the Pixel XL2 and the 8+ speaker is harsh.
stop wasting time and go S9+, unless you did that already.. in that case, start loving the s9+

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going back and forth like crazy on these two! Google Store has a sweet deal on the Pixel XL2 right now (trade in credit + $100 Google credit, unlocked or Verizon) which would knock my $ for it to $599 for the 64G. I like that the phone has a 2 year warranty and 3 years of updates (I think that' up to Android R). But drawbacks are processor, no headphone jack or extra storage option. But I do love the quick updates (how quickly they responded to updating screen color options).
Are the 3 years of updates from date of purchase or release date?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Release date. The 2 will get updates to P and Q, it already got the update to Oreo. (P preview is already out.)

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If your looking for the best camera, you might want to go with the pixel. I know Samsung is telling us that their camera is great, but it seems a lot of people posting on here are getting some pretty blurry results with it. Maybe Samsung will patch it in a future update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34