03-09-2018 11:50 PM
30 12
tools
    Update: Samsung did improve the FPS placement.... but they still got it slightly wrong. In the T-Mobile store they had the phones locked down so I did not get a chance to physically lift them up. So in Best Buy today I got to completely get the S9 and S9+ in hand. On second feel, the FPS is still a little off. I think it's just the actual surface area of it that would take some getting used to. It seems as though it would have to read a small portion of your finger to work cause I have smaller/medium sized fingers and my finger would not fit all the way on the sensor like the larger, circle shaped one on LG phones. I still think it's an improvement though. I really feel like this is the first (newer)phone that's not missing anything. It just has it all and I'm continuously impressed by the speaker quality. Still retains the headphone jack. Still has expandable storage. And the video quality is astounding from what I've seen.

03-05-2018 04:59 PM
    I held a display unit at an AT&T store today. Granted, it had a huge device locked onto it, but I still to feel around for the fingerprint sensor and ended up smudging the camera.
    03-05-2018 06:59 PM
    I held a display unit at an AT&T store today. Granted, it had a huge device locked onto it, but I still to feel around for the fingerprint sensor and ended up smudging the camera.
    You'll gain the finger placement memory, esp if you have some form of a case on it. At first the S8+ fps felt really odd to me and it took a little time to adjust but after awhile No issues and second nature now with the Note 8.
    03-05-2018 07:56 PM
    The camera is amazing. I work for a retailer and the camera demo they have provided us for lilow light and super slo-mo is awesome.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    03-05-2018 08:38 PM
    A few little quirks I noticed that I'm not sure can be remedied or not in the camera settings. In Samsung's Pro Mode the settings disappear after a moment instead of staying on the screen and the UI doesn't rotate like a wheel like LG's mode. So in that sense you can skip from one end of the spectrum to the other quicker on Samsung's mode but it makes it harder to fine tune your adjustments. Just something to take note of. Again some of these quirks may be able to be changed in the camera settings but I'm not sure.
    03-09-2018 11:50 PM
30 12