First battery life test I have seen.

Can't wait to have mine see real life results.
    03-05-2018 02:18 PM
    Having chosen a V30 over a Note 8. Yes I sure did! Loved the Note 8, BUT it's just something about the V30 that has made it my daily right now! Always love to see it "win" at the stats game, NOT that I care that much.
    03-05-2018 03:05 PM
    Based on Anandtech SOC analysis, they expect the 845 over sustained load to be more efficient than the Sammy SOC.
    03-05-2018 03:10 PM
    How accurate can that really be? The S9 is obviously very new with very little wear against its battery. The others are older and have had the battery wear through normal wear and tear and just existing. I like that the S9 came out on top, but if you took a brand new version of any of those phones, would that still be the case?
    03-05-2018 03:36 PM
    You must have the phones mixed up, s9 came out on top?
    03-05-2018 03:45 PM
    Pretty good. Again there is something we should also take into consideration here:all these phones act differently in their native apps like camera for example. I know for Samsung phones it automatically turns the brightness up significantly causing the battery to drain faster unless you lower it yourself.
    03-05-2018 03:45 PM
    How accurate can that really be? The S9 is obviously very new with very little wear against its battery. The others are older and have had the battery wear through normal wear and tear and just existing. I like that the S9 came out on top, but if you took a brand new version of any of those phones, would that still be the case?
    The V30 came out on top.

But yeah, the video was flawed. The video playback wasn't even turned on at the same time on the devices and most of those are older than the S9.

These kinds of videos serve no functional or useful purpose.
    03-05-2018 03:48 PM
    You must have the phones mixed up, s9 came out on top?
    Yes he's mixed up! The S9 PLUS came in 3rd behind the winner, the LG V30 and the runner up the OnePlus 5t. The S9/S9+ results were almost a tie with the S8/S8+ results.

PS While I don't time or test or anything like that, I LOVE how long my V30 battery lasts! Even if I forget to charge it at night I'm still fine the next day!
    03-05-2018 03:50 PM
    This is a faulty test, to say the least. A) the S9's are new, so the batteries haven't been worn. B) all phones are charged fully but with no mention of the screen brightness of each screen. Also, given the different screen techs, 50% brightness on the S9+ will yield different power than 50% brightness on the Note 8, 50% brightness on the Pixel and OnePlus, and 50% brightness on the V30, etc. Also take into account software optimization. Word is, P-OLED is the most efficient OLED panel, which might help to explain the V30's battery life. Even so, there are many factors to consider.
    03-05-2018 04:19 PM
    This is a faulty test, to say the least. A) the S9's are new, so the batteries haven't been worn. B) all phones are charged fully but with no mention of the screen brightness of each screen. Also, given the different screen techs, 50% brightness on the S9+ will yield different power than 50% brightness on the Note 8, 50% brightness on the Pixel and OnePlus, and 50% brightness on the V30, etc. Also take into account software optimization. Word is, P-OLED is the most efficient OLED panel, which might help to explain the V30's battery life. Even so, there are many factors to consider.
    Probably the test could have been done much better but I think it gives a good idea of what to expect. Overall I think S9s will be very similar to S8s
    03-05-2018 04:29 PM
    I was hoping the 9 plus would outdo the 8 plus by at least 20 to 30 minutes with the more "energy efficient" processor
    03-05-2018 05:53 PM
    It's getting increasingly frustrating that we're not getting larger mAh batteries in Samsung flagships. My Note8 is a power-house in every way except that.
    03-05-2018 06:00 PM
    I might be getting my phones mixed up. But did I read the S9's battery is non-removable?
    03-05-2018 08:44 PM
    It's getting increasingly frustrating that we're not getting larger mAh batteries in Samsung flagships. My Note8 is a power-house in every way except that.
    I agree
    03-05-2018 08:47 PM
    I might be getting my phones mixed up. But did I read the S9's battery is non-removable?
    Nope you're in luck, they just started back with removable batteries just for you
    20blks likes this.
    03-05-2018 09:02 PM