Best US carriers?

LazyLightning

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to upgrade from the s7 to the s9 and my Verizon contract is done. Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best carrier. Not sure if I should look into changing. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

gibsonb2

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Well... It depends on your location how good certain ones would be. I think Verizon has the best comprehensive coverage nationwide. AT&T has good coverage as well. In my area, Sprint is horrible and T-Mobile is pretty crappy too.

If you're mainly in an urban area, you shouldn't have issues with any of them. Further out, AT&T and Verizon are probably you're best bet.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you travel alot?

T-Mobile is great in my area(home and work) but for travel, it's still not as good as Verizon.

I don't travel much but when I went out to the mountains/camping, the people w/Verizon were able to call out while I had no signal anywhere on the campground

LazyLightning

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I live in NYC and travel about once a month sometimes skiing and more secluded areas. I guess leaning towards switching to AT&T or staying with Verizon. Looks like AT&T will give $150 to switch.

Anything about the 5G speeds that might be rolling out this year that I should consider?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I live in NYC and travel about once a month sometimes skiing and more secluded areas. I guess leaning towards switching to AT&T or staying with Verizon. Looks like AT&T will give $150 to switch.

Anything about the 5G speeds that might be rolling out this year that I should consider?

No. 5G won't be a thing until 2020 for majority of carriers. We may (key word: may) see some stuff from some in 2019 but it will be one only certain spots with certain devices.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to upgrade from the s7 to the s9 and my Verizon contract is done. Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best carrier. Not sure if I should look into changing. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Location. Location. Location.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did not know that. Same coverage everywhere?

Xfinity is just a MVNO of Verizon. It should run pretty much the same everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some areas with weird agreements and whatnot where it may not be the best...

With that said I know multiple people (friends near me / people in other states) that went to Xfinity due to them already having home internet with them and they see no difference from the actual Verizon they had before VS. Xfinity.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Varies by plan to plan. My Verizon line costs $33 a month for all the benefits of the Beyond Unlimited plan.. So just depends what people have now :p.

Unlimited plans only $45 with Xfinity. Or just $12 for a GB (sometime free if you use less than 200 megs). Ofcourse you must also be Xfinity customer.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
As others have said, depends on your location. I would ask your friends who their provider is and if they have any reception issues. Also depends if you travel alot. I'm with T-Mobile in the Seattle area and it's great in the city but once I head over the mountain pass I'll lose reception for a while. I used to be with AT&T and their coverage was better in the mountains but I would still lose coverage but not near as much as with T-Mobile. Family is in Florida (Fort Myers area) and I get great reception down there as well with T-Mobile.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited plans only $45 with Xfinity. Or just $12 for a GB (sometime free if you use less than 200 megs). Ofcourse you must also be Xfinity customer.
Yeah and my unlimited is $33 a month.. unlimited all with 15 GB of hotspot per line (no home internet required).

Xfinity is definitely a good alternative but it doesn't always mean the cheapest. Depends from person to person.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If you like Verizon's coverage but hate Verizon, Xfinity Mobile would be a great option. I am on Xfinity Mobile and I love it. It's $45/month for unlimited data (throttled at 22GB, obviously) but then you get millions of WiFi hotspots with it. I'm paying the same amount on Xfinity Mobile as I did on T-Mobile. On T-Mobile, I was not on a device payment plan. The price was just service and data. On Xfinity Mobile, I am on a DPP+service+data.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and my unlimited is $33 a month.. unlimited all with 15 GB of hotspot per line (no home internet required).

Xfinity is definitely a good alternative but it doesn't always mean the cheapest. Depends from person to person.

Definitely awesome price you got there. Must be grand father prices. You won't or can't get those anymore for new customer.VerizonTotalCost.JPG

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Great time to dump the big carriers and get on a GSM network lik cricket use AT&T Towers excellent reception cheap service

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1