04-02-2018 02:31 PM
46 12
tools
    also disbaled the gestures and the problem didnt occure since then. But this is only a workaoround because i like the gestures. Hopefully Samunung is abel to fix this asap. Someone who know how to adress this directly to Samsung?

reagrds
    Patrick
    I have not received my S9+ yet. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. But i wanted to mention that I had the same issue with the fingerprint sensor for the first few months with the S8+. Turning off the fingerprint gestures fixed it back then too. Eventually, an update fixed the problem and I've been able to keep the fingerprint gestures on permanently. But I'm disappointed that this issue seems to have repeatedly itsekf a year later!
    03-14-2018 06:50 AM
    I have not received my S9+ yet. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. But i wanted to mention that I had the same issue with the fingerprint sensor for the first few months with the S8+. Turning off the fingerprint gestures fixed it back then too. Eventually, an update fixed the problem and I've been able to keep the fingerprint gestures on permanently. But I'm disappointed that this issue seems to have repeatedly itsekf a year later!
    Yes, many of us encountered similar problems on the Note7 and the S8+ (iris scanner as well as fps). Disabling fingerprint gestures didn't always solve the problem. I was relieved that the Note8 didn't have the same difficulties. There's no way I would get another S or Note series phone if Samsung is still struggling with their biometrics drivers and still refuses to publicly acknowledge the matter.

For some of the ancient history of these problems, see:
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ger/td-p/96490
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ght/true#M3858
    03-14-2018 11:26 AM
    UK user, had the phone since 8th March.

This has happened twice to me now, not sure how it happens but on both instances when iv came accross this i try to unlock my phone and it says "fingerprint sensor unavaliable, please try again later"

And yes i also have the sensor swipe feature turned on.

Turning off the handset and turning it back on seems to fix this
    03-14-2018 12:04 PM
    I had an update this morning, this issue seems to be fixed
    03-14-2018 12:28 PM
    I had an update this morning, this issue seems to be fixed.
    Glad to hear it!
    03-14-2018 02:08 PM
    Its been 6 days since I got my S9+ international exynos version, and faced the same problem several times so far which is very frustrating. Today I decided to delete a theme that I had installed and the senor is working ok so far. We will see in the next few days how it goes.
    By the way Kudos to Huawei for having the best fastest and most reliable fingerprint sensor in mob phones. My wifes P10 plus is blazing fast and 100% reliable
    03-14-2018 02:47 PM
    I am having the same problems contacted Samsung using their Samsung Memebers app they said to reset the phone and if fingerprint scanner still doesn't work take it back where you bought it from.
    03-14-2018 11:02 PM
    This happened a few times with my 4 days old S9plus. Had to restart the device to get the fingerprint to work agin. Took it to Samsung and they said they were aware of the situation and that it will be fixed by next week through an update.
    03-14-2018 11:08 PM
    The issue came back. Seems to have something to do with calls. Every time it happened, I had just made/received a call. Perhaps keeping my finger over the sensor during calls or something similar triggers it?

I tried to reproduce the problem by calling my old phone, and answering a call from it, but no luck. Has anyone else tried anything?
    Yup.
    I'm having the same problem on the S9 and yes, it's the calls. Every single time I take a call I have to restart the phone because the fingerprint scanner stops working.

I read on XDA that disabling fingerprint gestures solves the problem for now...I've just reluctantly disabled it to test it, but let's see if it helps.

Samsung better patch this quickly. It's really really annoying.

I already hate the placement of the fingeprint scanner and the size of the S9 without the fingerprint gestures disabled...this isn't helping me change my opinion at all (it also doesn't help that "Intelligent scan" is really dumb and the other biometric authentication methods suck hard.

(EDIT: I just got an update. It doesn't say it "addressed fingerprint stability" only "face" but let's see...)
    03-15-2018 12:10 PM
    Im affraid im having the same issue.. Ive had a long chat on facebook, but doesnt know what it is yet.
    03-15-2018 12:16 PM
    UPDATE:
    I've got a patch from Samsung, which includes the March security update.
    I've tested now with a call and the issue seems to be gone (even with fingerprint gestures enabled). So far so good.

Let's hope it's the end of it.
    jhimmel likes this.
    03-15-2018 12:54 PM
    The update seems to have patched this issue for me too. Shame it took such a long time to roll out.
    03-16-2018 08:03 AM
    No issues for me regarding the FPS since I got the phone 2 days ago. I actually believe the response on the 9+ is much faster than the 8+ when it comes to FPS unlock.
    03-16-2018 08:47 AM
    Go to lock screen and security/secure lock setting/secured lock time. Change timer to instantly. My fps works like a charm now. The 10 minute default setting disables the fps for 10 minutes. Odd setting - why would you want the fps to not work?
    03-16-2018 10:02 PM
    I have had no problems with mine in a week at all.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    03-17-2018 03:32 AM
    Go to lock screen and security/secure lock setting/secured lock time. Change timer to instantly. My fps works like a charm now. The 10 minute default setting disables the fps for 10 minutes. Odd setting - why would you want the fps to not work?
    That setting determines how long it takes for the screen to lock in the first place after it turns off. When the screen isn't locked, you don't need the fps to unlock it.

But the OP was talking about the fps repeatedly ceasing to work while the screen was in fact locked. That used to be a widespread and prolonged problem on some previous S and Note phones, so it's not surprising (though it was disappointing) to see reports of the same problem for the S9.
    03-17-2018 06:32 AM
    I would say yours is defective then. That's not normal for it to just quit working. I'd get it looked at. It's brand new.
    03-17-2018 08:00 AM
    UPDATE:
    I've got a patch from Samsung, which includes the March security update.
    I've tested now with a call and the issue seems to be gone (even with fingerprint gestures enabled). So far so good.

Let's hope it's the end of it.
    Did the patch come via an OTA software update? I have the unlocked version. How do I get the patch?

Thank you!
    03-17-2018 09:55 AM
    I hereby confirm that on my Galaxy S9 plus, after 1 week being flawless, suddenly (apparently related to an update) the fingerprint scanner failed. Every time the phone locks and Always on display starts, the phone crashes, turns off, reboots and cycles. I ENABLED safe mode, and the problem ceased, removed all the 3rd party apps and rebooted. Problem persists, I went and did a factory reset, and the phone worked again. The next paragraph is important:

After factory reset, the problem stopped, tested the phone and worked well, I went ahead and when I set up the biometrics again, after smart lock, while adding my fingerprints, there was a message: Fingerprint sensor is not responding, the phone crashed and immediatly died. I booted again, and readded my fingerprints, it worked again and scanned them. After that, the phone began to crash in Always on display, I disabled fingerprint scan for unlocking the phone, and the problem immediatly stopped. This started at 8 pm, its 5 am and I finally got it "not crashing"...for now. Also had to fully reset my Galaxy gear sport watch to pair it again. Terrible headache that came out of nowhere after an apparent update. Now I cant use my fingerprint to unlock my phone despite the biometric seems to work fine with my passwords and samsung account.

I tried to contact samsung support but they dont even have the S9 or S9+ in their supported devices list yet!

Im really really loving the phone, and will wait for a hotfix at least before going to my carrier and let them fiddle with my phone. Im just disappointed that this happened, that samsung support is outdated, and that there was no possible way to contact a human being and they left their entire support handled by bots.

Tl;dr = I turned off fingerprint sensor to fix the problem and use now my eyes or a pin to unlock it. Till theres a patch to fix it.
    04-02-2018 06:04 AM
    Update: Tried all the permutations in the Lock settings, and discovered that, Smart unlock, has a conflict with fingerprint scan, and AOD, if smart unlock and fps are on, when aod comes on the phone crashes, i tried iri with face and no crash, tried iris ans fps and no crash, tried face and fps no crash, tried smart unlock with fps and the phone crashes immediatly, turned on gestures and then off and the results are the same, tried immediatly screen lock and the results were the same, Im keeping Iris + fps + password with aod. Seems to be working now. Damn software conflicts.
    04-02-2018 06:31 AM
    Last update: It's all about the fps, been monitoring it all night long and the only way the phone doesn't eventually crash and reboots it's disabling fps. I'll post again when a fix is released. Hope this helps anyone.
    11B1P likes this.
    04-02-2018 02:31 PM
46 12