03-14-2018 01:20 PM
87 1234
tools
    Using external speakers that drive more watts also will drain more.
    Electricity doesn't work that way. Using powered speakers uses nothing from the phone. Using plain, non-powered speakers don't "drain" - an 8 ohm speaker drains the same whether it's a little earpiece in the phone that can handle only 1mW or a bookshelf speaker that can handle 100 Watts. It's only the impedance of the speaker that determines power drain - the lower the impedance, the more drain - and a powered speaker has almost infinite impedance, so almost no current drain at all.
    03-09-2018 04:18 PM
    I'm not impressed by this phone at all, specially not battery side, that's a huge downgrade from the amazing Mate 9.

To me, the S9+ offers nothing worthy over the Mate 9.
    This is a joke right? Better screen,better camera,ip 68, wireless charging
    03-09-2018 08:21 PM
    ya i was hoping they could improve battery life....it seems not the case at all!!
    03-09-2018 10:59 PM
    It's all in how you setup the phone, you can't trust any of the reviews because who knows if they have a million things syncing at the same time. All the veteran Android users setup their phones so well they consistently get better battery life than most people than don't know how to go into settings disable aspects of the OS they don't use so don't take too many of these reviews seriously. I'm sure the s9/s9+ will get better battery life than their predecessors, if you set them up properly.
    03-09-2018 11:08 PM
    It's all in how you setup the phone, you can't trust any of the reviews because who knows if they have a million things syncing at the same time. All the veteran Android users setup their phones so well they consistently get better battery life than most people than don't know how to go into settings disable aspects of the OS they don't use so don't take too many of these reviews seriously. I'm sure the s9/s9+ will get better battery life than their predecessors, if you set them up properly.
    Hahaha. This is true. From the S3 to Note 2 to S7 Edge, all my phones had practically the same battery life and screen on time give or take 30min on my setup. Whatd funny is that when my mom took my Note she made it last 2 days on a single charge. Lol.
    03-09-2018 11:17 PM
    I get what you're saying but a phone with bad battery life is just that,you might save a few minutes here or there but you're not gonna make a night and day difference no matter how well you "set up" a phone
    03-09-2018 11:18 PM
    It's user dependant, completely subjective to use and setup. If I use my phone 4 hours a day and you also use it 4 hours but you have 100 more apps than I do guess who wins the battery life race to zero....
    03-10-2018 12:21 AM
    All I know is the same sites that touted battery life last year with the 835 version are being critical this year with the 845 version. They weren't wrong last year

Not long to find out, but new device magic pixie dust will bias some initial views.
    03-10-2018 12:32 AM
    All I know is the same sites that touted battery life last year with the 835 version are being critical this year with the 845 version. They weren't wrong last year

Not long to find out, but new device magic pixie dust will bias some initial views.
    The GSMArena review actually scores the S9 lower than the S8 in their battery endurance test.
    03-10-2018 01:00 AM
    I haven't seen any of the reviews where they compare it to S8 or Note8. I wonder how it is stacking up on batt life to those?
    Check Mrwhostheboss YouTube channel, he has posted 2 videos recently battery comparison among S9+ S8 Note 8 & iPhone X
    03-10-2018 06:09 AM
    This is a joke right? Better screen,better camera,ip 68, wireless charging
    Not good enough for me, as the battery will be awful to my use, and it probably can't run Tekken 6 via ppsspp like Galaxy S8, because of aggressive DVFS schedule.

Would take the Mate 10 Pro over any galaxy any day, the S9 bring really nothing new to the table.
    03-10-2018 07:03 AM
    Not good enough for me, as the battery will be awful to my use, and it probably can't run Tekken 6 via ppsspp like Galaxy S8, because of aggressive DVFS schedule.

Would take the Mate 10 Pro over any galaxy any day, the S9 bring really nothing new to the table.
    I doubt the battery will be awful. And you can have the Mate 10. No headphone jack, no ip 68, no wireless charging, no expandable storage
    03-10-2018 09:06 AM
    probably can't run Tekken 6 via ppsspp like Galaxy S8, because of aggressive DVFS schedule.
    You were saying?

ScottsoNJ likes this.
    03-10-2018 09:43 AM
    I doubt the battery will be awful. And you can have the Mate 10. No headphone jack, no ip 68, no wireless charging, no expandable storage
    Yeah as great as that battery looks on the Mate, no way I’m going anywhere near their phones right now.
    ScottsoNJ and areyes163 like this.
    03-10-2018 10:13 AM
    You were saying?

Wow, finally, probably due to Vulkan.

Anyways the battery could be much better, i'll stay with my mate 9 as for me, the S9 offers nothing value over Mate 9(i use a DSLR as my main camera).
    03-10-2018 11:10 AM
    Check Mrwhostheboss YouTube channel, he has posted 2 videos recently battery comparison among S9+ S8 Note 8 & iPhone X
    Here is a link -

and a screenshot -Battery Life seems a consistent ding so far in reviews.-screenshot_20180310-085630.jpg
    03-10-2018 11:13 AM
    Wow, finally, probably due to Vulkan.

Anyways the battery could be much better, i'll stay with my mate 9 as for me, the S9 offers nothing value over Mate 9(i use a DSLR as my main camera).
    We know. You think Huawei is better .Thanks for clarifying that
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-10-2018 11:18 AM
    This is on 4g with everything on. Better than the s8
    03-10-2018 05:47 PM
    IDK, I looked at the S9+ in Best Buy and there's a ton of stuff on it. Average battery life would not surprise me at all.
    03-10-2018 06:31 PM
    very good battery life so far.
    also bear in mind the battery was not fully charged.
    03-11-2018 06:59 AM
    What are you secrets for a better battery life?
    03-11-2018 09:27 AM
    Ugh. That's not encouraging. Battery life is very important.
    03-11-2018 01:44 PM
    I ended up getting a mate 10 and am very impressed with it. the battery is a major selling point and this does not disappoint. with that being said I think the camera will be a little better on the s9+. The biggest thing I will miss by not getting the s9 is Samsung pay. overall though I think the mate 10 pro offers slightly more for cheaper.
    03-11-2018 02:19 PM
    I ended up getting a mate 10 and am very impressed with it. the battery is a major selling point and this does not disappoint. with that being said I think the camera will be a little better on the s9+. The biggest thing I will miss by not getting the s9 is Samsung pay. overall though I think the mate 10 pro offers slightly more for cheaper.
    I'm considering the Mate 10 Pro as an option myself. How is the battery life and standby time on the regular Mate 10 with the QHD LCD screen, as opposed to the Pro with the 1080P AMOLED? Are you able to see the screen in direct sunlight? Finally, how is the audio through the headphone jack? Does it sound full and rich to you? I do like the fact that the fingerprint scanner is on the front of the phone on the regular Mate 10, as well as the headphone jack.

I've seen reviewers bash EMUI as being redundant. One thing I appreciate with EMUI and iOS, that they obviously ripped off, is the fact that you can view up to nine apps in a folder. I hate Android folders that only allow you to see four apps. The nine per folder just looks cleaner to me. Are you having issue with EMUI?
    03-11-2018 07:57 PM
    I'm considering the Mate 10 Pro as an option myself. How is the battery life and standby time on the regular Mate 10 with the QHD LCD screen, as opposed to the Pro with the 1080P AMOLED? Are you able to see the screen in direct sunlight? Finally, how is the audio through the headphone jack? Does it sound full and rich to you? I do like the fact that the fingerprint scanner is on the front of the phone on the regular Mate 10, as well as the headphone jack.

I've seen reviewers bash EMUI as being redundant. One thing I appreciate with EMUI and iOS, that they obviously ripped off, is the fact that you can view up to nine apps in a folder. I hate Android folders that only allow you to see four apps. The nine per folder just looks cleaner to me. Are you having issue with EMUI?
    I was wondering what you meant by view only 4 apps per folder then I realized you meant the icon. Lol.

Samsung lets you see like 12 I think on the folder icon but it just makes them too small to identify. Lol.
    03-11-2018 08:33 PM
87 1234