Is the variable aperture going to be the 2018 trend?
    03-09-2018 07:01 AM
    No the notch is but I do hope others start adding variable aperture cameras.
    03-09-2018 07:20 AM
    No the notch is but I do hope others start adding variable aperture cameras.
    This is funny to me as everyone HATED the notch when the iPhone was announced (I know phones like the Essential PH1 and a few others had a notch or cutout before the iPhone but Apple's is most iconic) and now every company who has a smartphone is trying to see how they can implement the notch. I hate the notch on my iPhone X...it gets in the way and looks goofy. Hence getting the Galaxy S9+. I do hope variable aperture is something we see more often but I don't think it is needed to get great cameras. I think animated emojis and AR is the trend this year that we should look out for, AR gaming can become amazing on a smartphone as proven by Pokemon Go's success.
    03-09-2018 07:39 AM
    This is funny to me as everyone HATED the notch when the iPhone was announced (I know phones like the Essential PH1 and a few others had a notch or cutout before the iPhone but Apple's is most iconic) and now every company who has a smartphone is trying to see how they can implement the notch. I hate the notch on my iPhone X...it gets in the way and looks goofy. Hence getting the Galaxy S9+. I do hope variable aperture is something we see more often but I don't think it is needed to get great cameras. I think animated emojis and AR is the trend this year that we should look out for, AR gaming can become amazing on a smartphone as proven by Pokemon Go's success.
    Except Android P is implementing notch support for those who want it. Probably the next Pixel will.
    Looks like Samsung won't, so far. Dual front camera on the A8 2018 makes that a possibility on the Note 9, then if you fit iris scanners, speakers, and LED up there, hopefully the notch would be too big to even bother with notching the damn thing.
    03-09-2018 07:43 AM
    Except Android P is implementing notch support for those who want it. Probably the next Pixel will.
    Looks like Samsung won't, so far. Dual front camera on the A8 2018 makes that a possibility on the Note 9, then if you fit iris scanners, speakers, and LED up there, hopefully the notch would be too big to even bother with notching the damn thing.
    For sure Samsung should just keep the small bezel and add in the stuff you spoke of. I do think that the Note should do something new though other than being a S series phone with a Pen and bigger screen. The first few Notes were beasts, far surpassing the S series in power and screen size. They're a harder sell now because they're so similar to the S series.
    03-09-2018 07:47 AM
    For sure Samsung should just keep the small bezel and add in the stuff you spoke of. I do think that the Note should do something new though other than being a S series phone with a Pen and bigger screen. The first few Notes were beasts, far surpassing the S series in power and screen size. They're a harder sell now because they're so similar to the S series.
    Well the dual front camera like on the Galaxy A8 2018 that the Galaxy S9 doesn't would be a key difference, since I don't think the A8 is sold in many western countried.
    03-09-2018 07:48 AM