S9 Plus going back

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all of what you said - the question is just: why would you buy an S9 over a Pixel? I personally hate the Pixel's screen, that's why I figured I'd try the S9+. But apart from that, camera-wise the Pixel is excellent (as is the Samsung), but the S9 is slower and yeah, the screen protectors are an issue for a lot of people - I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

The question is why you would run out and buy a Samsung phone if you already had a Pixel? lol Didn’t you have the same problem with your S8?

Seems to me you would at least wait for some real hands on reviews. A Samsung phone is NEVER going to be as fast or fluid as a Pixel lol. That’s not why you buy a Samsung.

And the screen on the Pixel 2XL isn’t bad at all.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, lots of things to consider. If you purchased the Samsung protection plan and even if you did not, my advice is to at least wait 1-2 weeks and try it as you should still be able to return it. Maybe there is a software update coming...or maybe you might have a defective unit? Seems like Everytime we make Snap decisions without fully considering things we regret it later.
I do hope whatever you decide that you are happy...

Oh i don't have mine yet i was just checking if Samsung kept that feature from Oreo. I got the 9+ for $500 so if i decide i like my 2xl better I'm just going to give the plus to my wife. Win win for me lol

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh i don't have mine yet i was just checking if Samsung kept that feature from Oreo. I got the 9+ for $500 so if i decide i like my 2xl better I'm just going to give the plus to my wife. Win win for me lol
Samsung may have kept the feature but altered some ways to access it. Anyways, I would expect Samsung to either alter it to work like their previous popup windows, or alter their implementation to work like the native one. But there is a very high chance that you'll just get one or the other.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty confident in the Otao tempered glass. It works great for the Note 8, I can't imagine why it wouldn't for the s9+.

emilioaponte

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
I agree with all of what you said - the question is just: why would you buy an S9 over a Pixel? I personally hate the Pixel's screen, that's why I figured I'd try the S9+. But apart from that, camera-wise the Pixel is excellent (as is the Samsung), but the S9 is slower and yeah, the screen protectors are an issue for a lot of people - I'm sure I'm not the only one here.
Well let's see, years ago I bought my first Google phone, Nexus 5. Then a couple years ago I bought the original Google Pixel XL( both phones are formers now). From Samsung; former Galaxy S6 and former Galaxy S8+, my current mobile Samsung Note 8.
Zipro for me you're not a troller or Google Pixel Fan #1 . This is very simple:
Are Goggle mobiles phones are fast? Yes, the fasters in the game.
What else they got?
The last Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 got a great camara. Yes, but really... this is 2018 my Note 8 got a great camara too. And the S9+ got a great camara too.
Did I take lot's of photos?
No.
Did Google Pixels 2 got the most great camara?
No, different needs and taste's regarding two or three great phones camaras is the game at present 2018.
What else it's got?
No bloatware..... but that's the reason of being the faster phone. So what's else it's got?
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Did I buy a next Pixel 3?
Yes, if it get a pretty good screen, not the Pixel XL 2 LG ops ops or no good no good screen.
Did I buy next Samsung Note 9?
Yessssssssss, as a matter of fact that's my next mobile.
Is my next Note 9 be faster than the Google Pixel mobiles?
No.
Zipro if you want to take back the S9+ go ahead. And never forget, if you want fast without bloatware, don't hesitate for a second the name of the game is Google Pixel.
And what's happens if Samsung manufactures a next Google Pixel?
Woooooooaaaaaoooo that's Led Zeppelin with Bonham resurrected from death.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I am seriously thinking about returning mine too to be honest. I have the S9+ 128

Compared to the V30 and 2XL battery especially on standby is a bit of a let down so clearly the Samsung bloat is still doing its thing. I’m not sure that the new Oreo battery improvements are even working e.g. I have Facebook toggled off for ‘Allow background activity’ but it is still there running in the background. Also not impressed that it is just 8.0 when 8.1 has been out for ages, that does not bode well really but then I guess beggars cannot be choosers!

Mostly though I have just found it be a bit meh, hard to put my finger on but given the cost I am not sure it is worth it. On the fence still going to decide today, luckily I purchased from Samsung so I can return.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz