Tried toggling, restarting, tried Neural Beta keyboard. Nothing works!
    03-09-2018 05:01 PM
    You need to go into the settings and actually download the dictionary for your language - none are installed by default, not even the language the phone is natively set to. I fell into that trap initially.
    Tim1954 and mooneunseo like this.
    03-10-2018 10:21 AM
    You need to go into the settings and actually download the dictionary for your language - none are installed by default, not even the language the phone is natively set to. I fell into that trap initially.
    Would you mind sharing how to do this? I've spoken to my network provider and they've said they can't help and need to contact Samsung directly.

Seems ridiculous for a "smart" phone not to come ready to go!!
    03-12-2018 03:36 AM
    I have exactly the same issue. An s9 with EE in the UK. How do you fix it?
    03-12-2018 03:57 PM
    Would you mind sharing how to do this? I've spoken to my network provider and they've said they can't help and need to contact Samsung directly.

Seems ridiculous for a "smart" phone not to come ready to go!!
    Settings>Language>English (United States). If it doesn't show that, then it will probably say Add Language at the bottom of the screen.
    jma78b likes this.
    03-12-2018 06:08 PM
    Settings, general management, language and input . Mine was set to English UK. Also choose Samsung keyboard or download swiftkey keyboard until you find something you like. I don't understand how you are having predictive text issues because unless it's an issue with network locked phones. I've not had one for years.
    03-13-2018 01:35 AM
    I've had the exact same problem. Just got my S9plus yesterday and couldn't get the predictive text on. Didn't realise how much I relied on it to out in punctuation and stuff aswell, I tried all the different keyboards, made sure the language was set to English and that all the keyboards had predictive text turned on but still none of them actually did it. Just had to download the SwiftKey keyboard as per jma78bs suggestion and that works fine but don't understand why nothing else worked?
    Mine is also with EE and in the UK ( just as points of reference)
    glenn9643 likes this.
    04-24-2018 04:01 AM
    Just tested this and predictive text just works with the stock kb or any other kb, i have loads of them, but i also use swiftkey as my main kb as its the best one overall.

So maybe its a carrier firmware/issue? I'm using Three in the UK.
    04-24-2018 09:17 AM
    Just got it working. When you're on the keyboard press the settings button. Then press language's and types. Then press manage input language's. You'll see at the top English UK. Press the download icon to the right of it and it works. Although it says it's installed it's actually not. Very strange
    05-22-2018 01:00 PM
    Thank you so much for this - I got my s9+ last week and thought I was going mad as kept checking language and predictive and it said it was on! Just done what James Fullard suggested and its working beautifully now and keeps up with my fat fingers!!
    05-24-2018 05:37 AM
    Just got it working. When you're on the keyboard press the settings button. Then press language's and types. Then press manage input language's. You'll see at the top English UK. Press the download icon to the right of it and it works. Although it says it's installed it's actually not. Very strange
    Worked Man, Thanks
    07-04-2018 10:15 AM