Battery Life - Results

waveuk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
A lot depends on usage but I am getting very consistent battery life. Good balance between SOT and total standby. I check the mobile quite often but for small periods, which is the worst.

I found that taking lots of pictures/videos is when the battery drops faster. Otherwise I always get about 6 hours SOT.

This is now with 20% left.
810fa52d090d6bc4ffccba10a2a7b732.jpg
1ad9c2c9a7bdf6ce8685dd7d5b757086.jpg

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
The battery life in my S9+ is average at best. I'm averaging 3-4 hours SOT with less-than-ideal standby times.

How do you guys get such great battery life? I clear all my apps after I use them and I use the battery optimization in settings, but I just can't seem to figure this battery out. Is SD 845 power hungry? Do we have another SD 810 on our hands? People say the battery settles down after a while. I hope that's the case. I've had this device for 8 days now.

I also have the same experience. In the 1st 2 weeks, I had days when i got 5 hours SOT but that was when I was using the phone a lot and was on wifi. In a usual work day when I am not using the phone often, I get around 3 to 3.5 hours SOT when battery is at 20%.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yea if you are hunting/chasing record SOT then you have to use the phone for hours, it seems to be more efficient when its constantly in use, say with apps which don't use that much batt like a web browser, utube or an ebook app. Otherwise 3-4hrs SOT with anything over 24hrs uptime is fairly average/decent i would say. But as mentioned it does depend on your usage, radio signal, screen brightness, settings and apps.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Yea if you are hunting/chasing record SOT then you have to use the phone for hours, it seems to be more efficient when its constantly in use, say with apps which don't use that much batt like a web browser, utube or an ebook app. Otherwise 3-4hrs SOT with anything over 24hrs uptime is fairly average/decent i would say. But as mentioned it does depend on your usage, radio signal, screen brightness, settings and apps.

The problem with Samsung is that stand by is poor. I take my phone out of wireless charger at 7 am and at around 7 to 9 PM, it's down to 15% with around 3 hours SOT. I have the always on display turned on

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
The problem with Samsung is that stand by is poor. I take my phone out of wireless charger at 7 am and at around 7 to 9 PM, it's down to 15% with around 3 hours SOT. I have the always on display turned on

Mine isn't and uses < 1% per hour when its idle, everything left on, syncing etc, i don't use AOD, although it doesn't use much batt.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine isn't and uses < 1% per hour when its idle, everything left on, syncing etc, i don't use AOD, although it doesn't use much batt.

I checked my screenshots and stand by takes an average of around 5% and Always on somewhere between aroun 7 to 8%
I think always on has a significant effect on battery based on some reviews I saw

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I checked my screenshots and stand by takes an average of around 5% and Always on somewhere between aroun 7 to 8%
I think always on has a significant effect on battery based on some reviews I saw

Yea well there's part of your "issue" that is quite high, i would check your batt stats and see if there's any apps keeping the phone awake/using CPU for long periods. Although it could be an app doing something for a legitimate reason. Everyone's usage is different.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
AOD is great and I'd actually use it if the battery capacity was 4,000mAh minimum. But since manufacturers put these dainty little batteries in phones so they can be as thin as possible, I want to get the most battery life possible. So I turn off the AOD. I'd love to use it, but not when it sacrifices precious battery life.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
AOD is great and I'd actually use it if the battery capacity was 4,000mAh minimum. But since manufacturers put these dainty little batteries in phones so they can be as thin as possible, I want to get the most battery life possible. So I turn off the AOD. I'd love to use it, but not when it sacrifices precious battery life.

Agreed but since the battery life is going to be the best only in the beginning, I am using it now rather than later

valveHHH

May 7, 2018
Visit site
My max battery life was an amazing 24 hours yesterday!! I have AOD on, wireless and bluetooth all day.

Mostly, I'm using:

> Samsung Music
> YouTube
> Netflix
> Google Chrome
> Various toddler games (for my kid of course! :p)
> WhatsApp
> FaceBook
> Instagram
> Facebook Messenger
> GMAIL

I think this is so far the best battery life I had from Samsung! I previously had Samsung J, Note 3, 4 and 5.

Notorious for battery drain though is my Blackberry Work e-mails that constantly downloading emails to my phone.

OVERALL, very VERY impressive performance so far! On standby, I think it only eats up 1 - 2% battery life within 30minutes - 1 hour.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
After a few months my S9 battery life is better than expected :)
Remember that I haven't been on my phone that much this weekend or today... I usually get half this with 4-5 hrs SoT, talking for an hour or 2, listening to music, etc. I'm still very happy with that. (845)

Attachments

• 2140.jpg
    2140.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 63

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
How does the battery life on the S9 and S9+ compare to that on the S6 and Note 5? I'm currently using a Note 5 and it's okay. Needs about 2 full charges to get through the day. I had an S6 but it was absolutely abysmal. It literally needed 4 full charges each day. Thanks

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
How does the battery life on the S9 and S9+ compare to that on the S6 and Note 5? I'm currently using a Note 5 and it's okay. Needs about 2 full charges to get through the day. I had an S6 but it was absolutely abysmal. It literally needed 4 full charges each day. Thanks

I've never had a Note so I cannot say but the S9s(845) battery life is considerably better than the S6(I had to charge it several times a day too and ended up getting a insurance replacement). They sent me an S7 and it was much better but the S9 has been 100x better in my experience. I only need to charge once daily with moderate to heavy use and can go 2 days+ with light use(very light use). It wasn't as good as my HTC One before its battery started degrading or the M10 but its comparable.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
ok, I give up... how the heck do I post a gallery image (screenshot) of my battery life? the only options I'm seeing are emojis, GIF, STICKERS... where's the paper clip to add image? I'm on the app on my S9+ not a computer 🤨

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
ok, I give up... how the heck do I post a gallery image (screenshot) of my battery life? the only options I'm seeing are emojis, GIF, STICKERS... where's the paper clip to add image? I'm on the app on my S9+ not a computer 🤨

On the app you can reply with quote to any post then delete the quoted post. There is an attachment button(paper clip) that will allow you to attach screenshots/pics.

If it's not taking you to your gallery idk what's up then...

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I switched from S6 to S9 last week. The difference in battery life is like next generation. My S6 was terrible at the end. Half an hour of Google Maps on a sunny day with auto brightness was taking 50% of the battery. You can feel it's 4 years of difference with S9. Same scenario takes 8%. I'm super happy with the upgrade.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got the s9+ a few days ago got the screen brightness turn almost all the way up and with sync on bluetooth on I get up to 9 hours with moderate to heavy use and that's great compared to the note 8 which I had to turn off location and sync and turn the screen brightness down to half and to get the same results

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
On the app you can reply with quote to any post then delete the quoted post. There is an attachment button(paper clip) that will allow you to attach screenshots/pics.

If it's not taking you to your gallery idk what's up then...

Thank you so much! That was driving me nuts! 😁 Even a Google search couldn't help me... applause to you sir!

Attachments

• 8291.jpg
    8291.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 43

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol