I am coming from Galaxy S5 and there I couldn't remove some samsung apps like Google Play movies or Google play music.
    I see under apps that under this apps it is available button for uninstall. is this safe to do and will this really remove this app from device ?

Further more, on S9 it seems Facebook is preinstalled app , but this app it can't be removed, just switched off. Is this real or somehow can be removed ?

Finally, like I said I am coming from S5 and there was this default weather app which was good and enough for me. Most of all there was this widget with clock, enough large on the screen and most important , data was from accuweather. I really liked layout of this widget

Now on S9 widget for this default weather app is weird, too small date and I see they are pulling data from The Weather Channel which is not so good for me. Yestarday for my area it was saying rein all day, and there was no anything near rain actually.

I tried some weather apps but widgets are really bad for S9, too small or nothing near like on S5 where it was simple and good. I tried Accuweather app but widget is not working on my S9, it is crashing all the time.
    Can anyone suggest app and widget like on S5 and that data is pulled from accuweather ?
    Thanks
    03-11-2018 03:24 AM
    Varies from one phone (and brand) to the next, but some preinstalled apps can be removed using ADB, without root.

I've done so on my Leagoo T5c with Leagoo's app launcher Sujet (which, incidentally, contained a Trojan...), and my phone works perfectly without it. You just have to think about installing another launcher first...

I think your first step is to determine how the app you want to disable is called* on your phone (something like "com.facebook.xxx"), then turn Developers options on, then enable USB debugging, install ADB on your PC or Mac, connect your phone to the PC/Mac via USB, and enter the disable command in the command line invite or Terminal :

adb shell pm disable name.of.the.application -k -user 0

After that, without rooting your phone, it'll be difficult to delete it completely, but at least it won't keep working in the background, using bandwidth... And sending personal data to unknown parties...

* EDIT: if you go to Settings > Applications, and tap the three dots on top right, then choose to show system processes and apps, you should get the right name.
    dxer44 likes this.
    03-11-2018 04:25 AM
    Did you ever find how to do this? I just got the stupid S9 and want the exact same thing. $790 for a phone and one should be able to get what they want on it. I want the S5 weather widget on my S9 home screen.
    04-07-2018 09:04 AM
    Hi there.
    I found these two weather/clock apps in the play store when I had my S7.
    I like them both way better than the stock options because you can make the clock as big as you want in the Experia app, and the weather is nice and accurate.
    Same with the second app.
    As an added bonus, with both apps you get a nice looking widget with customizable colors/background and the ability to open your calendar,clock, or expand the weather notification by tapping on those areas. I don't know why the stock app doesn't have these options.
    Anyway, I hope these help you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ruston.weather

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alclockwidget2
    04-07-2018 11:48 AM