10-11-2018 12:54 PM
119 1234 ...
tools
    This is true, however there is NO bass at all, it is just a tinny sound
    Seems they might be messed up? I've heard the stock AKG and do not sound tinny. Sound as good as the S8+ stocked AKG buds. Sound stage and instrument separation seem good. Then again, I use 192KB MP3s, so might not be the best reference
    03-13-2018 08:57 AM
    Sadly i have to agree with this thread. I dont always use the earphones that come with phones but theyre nice to have in your pocket or draw at work where you wouldnt carry around a pair of headphones.

Received the Phone Thursday last week and tried to use the AKG earphones a couple of times however the sound ouput is "flat" compared to the S7e earphones i sometimes use. I have tried different audio settings, Dolby Atmos on and off, UHD on/off and also adapt sound but they still sound what i can only describe as flat and lifeless.

On a side note, sound output in general sounds great via Bluetooth and through the Beats headphones.
    03-13-2018 09:36 AM
    Compared to every other make/phone I bought these AKG earbuds are the best. As posted I only use them either at work or whatever I forget my bluetooth.
    03-13-2018 11:56 AM
    Compared to every other make/phone I bought these AKG earbuds are the best. As posted I only use them either at work or whatever I forget my bluetooth.
    Are they on par with the iPhone earbuds?
    03-13-2018 01:35 PM
    Assuming they are indeed the same as the pair packaged with the s8, I'll be giving them away to a friend or something. I can't get them to sit on my ear right so it's neither comfortable for me and it sounds terrible as it doesn't seal my ear canal. But this isn't a unique problem either. Most earbuds suck for me for the same reason. I do have a pair of Shure buds that fit really well with some aftermarket ear flanges that sound great though.
    03-13-2018 02:55 PM
    I must have really bad hearing then because my s7 headphones sound great to me
    03-13-2018 05:35 PM
    are they at least comfortable? lmao none of the past samsung's headphones are comfortable to me
    03-13-2018 09:51 PM
    They're the same exact headphones that came with the S8 and S8+. They marketed them as being awesome and AKG branded, but they suck just like any other free headphones I've ever gotten w a phone. They only get a plus because they're more comfy than what we used to get from Sammy.
    03-13-2018 09:57 PM
    The comments that bother me are the ones that say something along the lines of, "what do you expect for in-the-box headphones?" Well, I for one, expect the headphones included in a device that totals nearly a $1,000 to be very good. Considering Samsung touts their devices audio ability and the fact that they own AKG to further market their devices. I think we, as consumers, have to stop giving these manufacturers a pass and hold them to a much higher standard if they keep increasing prices, then we should expect superior quality.
    Well you could always get a Pixel 2 XL, I hear the headphones that come with that.... Oh wait lol. At least Samsung is still including headphones. This isn't a given anymore. Demanded they sound good is the least of our worries, we should just be demanding that all phones at least come with them, especially phones that don't even have a headphone jack.
    03-13-2018 10:07 PM
    The included Akg headphones are actually very good. Make sure you swap out the ear buds for larger ones (included) and you'll get the bass back.
    Fooly_Kewly likes this.
    03-13-2018 11:03 PM
    the only thing I ever give Apple credit for is there airpods
    03-13-2018 11:18 PM
    This is true, however there is NO bass at all, it is just a tinny sound
    Oh yeah, one reviewer said that unless you get a good seal, you'll hear bass as tinny. Change the buds. Personally I almost always use large.
    03-13-2018 11:18 PM
    There shouldn't be a complaint like this on a 1k device. No excuse whatsoever
    valveHHH likes this.
    03-14-2018 12:59 AM
    I wouldn’t be buying a 1k device for friggin headphones lol.
    03-14-2018 01:04 AM
    Considering that reviewer consensus is that the bundled AKG headphones Samsung uses is the best bundled headphones available, then pretty much every other flagship out there is problematic.

I think though that I am starting to realize the problem is more on the type of headphone rather than the headphone itself. The S7 headphones were of an earbud type, as opposed to the S8/S9 headphones which are an earplug type. The difference in acoustics would account for the difference in tuning. Since the S7 headphones let in ambient noise, it's tuned differently. On earolug types, you need to acquire a good ear seal before you start hearing the low end. So if your ears are rather large, the default installed buds may be too small and thus not creating a seal, ruining the acoustics of the headphone.
    03-14-2018 01:58 AM
    For good sound you need good headphones
    03-14-2018 03:18 AM
    Considering that reviewer consensus is that the bundled AKG headphones Samsung uses is the best bundled headphones available, then pretty much every other flagship out there is problematic.

I think though that I am starting to realize the problem is more on the type of headphone rather than the headphone itself. The S7 headphones were of an earbud type, as opposed to the S8/S9 headphones which are an earplug type. The difference in acoustics would account for the difference in tuning. Since the S7 headphones let in ambient noise, it's tuned differently. On earolug types, you need to acquire a good ear seal before you start hearing the low end. So if your ears are rather large, the default installed buds may be too small and thus not creating a seal, ruining the acoustics of the headphone.
    I think you maybe correct.
    I will try them again but I should not have to work hard just to get a decent sound.
    03-14-2018 04:36 AM
    I think you maybe correct.
    I will try them again but I should not have to work hard just to get a decent sound.
    You don't have to work hard. You just need to get the right tips. There are 2 additional pairs of tips included in the package. They are not replacement tips. They are different sized tips so you choose the one that fits you best. ALL earplug type earbuds have that. Some even give 4 different sizes in the package. There are even aftermarket memory foam tips that provide even better seal and creates better acoustics. It's simply the nature of the earplug design.

Personally I prefer the earplug design over the earbuds.

Admittedly these are for the S8 buds, but AFAIK they used the same units in the S8 and S9 anyway. The first one mentions that the AKG ones come close to aftermarket B&O buds worth 150USD. However other reviews do say that they found the bass lacking. Which again as I said in a previous post that boils down to preference especially with a lot of people nowadays equating boosted bass as 'good'. One mentioned that he felt they lacked detail and weren't overpowering. I don't know about the detail part, but I want my headphones to not have overpowering bass drowning out other sounds.

03-14-2018 04:40 AM
    Work hard? It's replacing tips. They won't fit everyone out of the box. You'll have to actually put in effort to see what works for you.
    03-14-2018 04:47 AM
    Totally mis-understood my point!!

When i say work hard, i mean they just don't sit in my ear correctly enough to give what i would call a decent sound. I have tried the different buds lol
    03-14-2018 05:49 AM
    Totally mis-understood my point!!

When i say work hard, i mean they just don't sit in my ear correctly enough to give what i would call a decent sound. I have tried the different buds lol
    Ah well that's the downfall of the design. Maybe they're just not for you or you need aftermarker bud replacements.
    03-14-2018 06:01 AM
    Best sounding ear buds I've used... I. Never use them.. But sounds good I'm surprised...
    03-15-2018 12:28 AM
    In summary fit is it. You can have super spensive’ buds and they will suck if no adequate seal.
    03-15-2018 12:35 AM
    In summary fit is it. You can have super spensive’ buds and they will suck if no adequate seal.
    Sealing is indeed important. But these don't seal that well. The flanges are way too small and short. And even when I can get them somewhat sealed, I've heard way better. My Sony ear buds sealed up very nicely. And when used withan Xperia phone, it provided the option for noise canceling without a battery as the processing was done within the phone. I also had another pair of AKG buds that could go deeper into my ear and seal, but they were uncomfortable.
    03-15-2018 03:21 AM
    I had AKG headphones before...they're quite good in everything
    03-15-2018 04:09 AM
119 1234 ...