S9+ Headphones are terrible

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I love my new phone but am astounded how poor the headphones are.

They are just so lacking in every department.

I'm back using my s7 ones.

Anyone else?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I only use the headphones in the box for when my main set is unavailable. None of the included headphones are going to be amazing. If you want good quality you have to invest in a decent set elsewhere. I always viewed them as a nice bonus and nothing else. I rarely use them.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Anyone else?
I don't have mine yet, but I never use the headphones that come with them - for one I don't like wired headpones to begin with. I usually give them to one of my teenagers. I am using a bluetooth pair of Beats Solo 3 over-ear padded headphones. Work great with my current Note 8 and my Tab S3. Will definitely try them out with the S9Plus when it arrives - thinking Monday maybe.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else?
I find this surprising as I thought they were AKG brand. Is it just the lows or crappy sound in general?

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Never have had decent headphones included with any device including Note 8 and S8+. For podcasts and especially music.

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I do feel i have odd shaped ears and ear bud headphones never sit well, however, they are the same ears that think the S7 headphones are much better than the S9's

I know this is subjective, but there is a massive difference in my opinion

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely not an audiophile and for years have used wired Bose headphones which allow me to take calls on my phone. But you know what they say "No highs, No lows, it's Bose."

Moonliterider

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have more wired and Bluetooth headphones than I care to admit! They are all good for different uses.I travel a lot, so noise cancellation is key. Unfortunately last week, I accidentally packed my over the ear Bose in my checked bags. I had a long day and night of traveling ahead of me,and I had to have something. I ended up in front of one of those Best Buy electronic vending type machines in the airport. I was looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones to get me through. But something different caught my eye, and it was a wired Bose headphone, that was stated how great the ratings were, especially audiophiles that travel often. So, I bought them, hoping for the best.I'm so glad I did, because they're absolutely amazing, and the best sound in any headphone I've ever had. It has a credit card thin, lithium noise cancelling battery, with an approximate 15 hr battery time. If that isn't enough, you may lose noise cancelling, but you can still listen to your music. I feel like I'm listening to my favorite music for the very first time. I never thought I would pay that much for non Bluetooth, but I am so glad I took a chance! Best sound ever. I hope Samsung continues to keep the headphone jack, and I will always make sure my new Bose headphones are in my carry on everywhere I go from here on!

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the AKG headphones are pretty decent. However I have invested in a couple of Bose wireless and wired headphones. So I use those while on the train or plane or gym and the little AKG ones at work. Only 1 ear works from the set I got with the S8 last year but it's fine for work where I have to listen to people yabber in my ear all day lol!

AJ Bankston

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The comments that bother me are the ones that say something along the lines of, "what do you expect for in-the-box headphones?" Well, I for one, expect the headphones included in a device that totals nearly a $1,000 to be very good. Considering Samsung touts their devices audio ability and the fact that they own AKG to further market their devices. I think we, as consumers, have to stop giving these manufacturers a pass and hold them to a much higher standard if they keep increasing prices, then we should expect superior quality.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The comments that bother me are the ones that say something along the lines of, "what do you expect for in-the-box headphones?" Well, I for one, expect the headphones included in a device that totals nearly a $1,000 to be very good. Considering Samsung touts their devices audio ability and the fact that they own AKG to further market their devices. I think we, as consumers, have to stop giving these manufacturers a pass and hold them to a much higher standard if they keep increasing prices, then we should expect superior quality.
Considering that the packed headphones are the same as the ones in the S8, the OP is the first person I've ever seen to bash them. All reviewers have said that this model, while these may not be the best headphones available, they are far better than any other packaged headphones with any phone.