On Friday I received the S9+.

I was concerned with the size but I have to say it is noticeable only for good. The screen size makes a great difference while the phone is not unconfortable or too big. The S8 looks like a toy next to the S9+. However the S8 seems to be brighter, maybe due to the PPI.

Overall I think it makes a lot of sense such upgrade. Key benefits:

- screen size, being wider makes it easier for me to type. Media looks much better on such bigger screen.
    - battery, I reckon I will get an additional hour of SOT
    - camera, I was not too impressed with the S8 one but I am with the S9+. Whether it is the best in the market I do not know but it is a huge improvement over the S8. Low light and live focus are great.
    - FPS, it is extremely fast. Position is better for sure but it was not a big deal for me in the S8
    - 6GB RAM and new CPU makes it a powerhouse and future proof. I want to get DEX and use this also as my PC.
    - 128GB storage, great for loading more media and storing the 4k videos taken.
    - Stereo speakers and Dolby Atmos are a great improvement both. It is not just being louder but big improvement on quality.
    - Bixby, I had deactivated before but the live translation works very well. Overall it seems less intrusive and more fluid. I have deactivated Google Assistant now as does not provide much on top.

Let me know if you have any other things you would like to know.
    RevePro likes this.
    03-11-2018 05:23 AM
    On Friday I received the S9+.

I was concerned with the size but I have to say it is noticeable only for good. The screen size makes a great difference while the phone is not unconfortable or too big. The S8 looks like a toy next to the S9+. However the S8 seems to be brighter, maybe due to the PPI.

Overall I think it makes a lot of sense such upgrade. Key benefits:

- screen size, being wider makes it easier for me to type. Media looks much better on such bigger screen.
    - battery, I reckon I will get an additional hour of SOT
    - camera, I was not too impressed with the S8 one but I am with the S9+. Whether it is the best in the market I do not know but it is a huge improvement over the S8. Low light and live focus are great.
    - FPS, it is extremely fast. Position is better for sure but it was not a big deal for me in the S8
    - 6GB RAM and new CPU makes it a powerhouse and future proof. I want to get DEX and use this also as my PC.
    - 128GB storage, great for loading more media and storing the 4k videos taken.
    - Stereo speakers and Dolby Atmos are a great improvement both. It is not just being louder but big improvement on quality.
    - Bixby, I had deactivated before but the live translation works very well. Overall it seems less intrusive and more fluid. I have deactivated Google Assistant now as does not provide much on top.

Let me know if you have any other things you would like to know.
    Thanks for the review! Excited to get mine soon! Do you think you could post some pics you've taken with it?
    kmmill00 likes this.
    03-11-2018 06:58 AM
    This is mostly subjective. I recently just bought my S8 after my G6's screen shattered. I initially ordered the S8+, but it was too big. That's saying something because I've always liked bigger phones, but at 6.2", the S8+ was just too big for ease of use for me. as for upgrading, the differences between the S8 and S9 just don't seem worth several hundred dollars. I will wait for the S10, while keeping my eye out for the successor to the G6.
    03-11-2018 06:58 AM
    Thanks for the review! Excited to get mine soon! Do you think you could post some pics you've taken with it?
    Here a few examples with the S9+

Here similar examples with the S8

Do not have saved the ones I took with low light but I will try to take a few tonight.
    edubb256 and kmmill00 like this.
    03-11-2018 11:56 AM
    One of the previous picture now in low light with the S9+

RevePro, MarVaRa and kmmill00 like this.
    03-11-2018 02:19 PM
    One of the previous picture now in low light with the S9+

https://y1rkng.bn.files.1drv.com/y4m...&cropmode=none
    Thanks for these; some great shots!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    03-11-2018 03:17 PM
    Thanks for your post. You likely have the best experience to advise someone who is waffling between a 9 and 9+. Have you noticed any drawbacks of going with the bigger phone over your previous 8? The choice isn't as clear for me this time. Tbh if the smaller 9 had dual camera and 6gb of ram is go 9.
    03-11-2018 11:19 PM
    Thanks for your post. You likely have the best experience to advise someone who is waffling between a 9 and 9+. Have you noticed any drawbacks of going with the bigger phone over your previous 8? The choice isn't as clear for me this time. Tbh if the smaller 9 had dual camera and 6gb of ram is go 9.
    No drawbacks. Clearly it is bigger and heavier so you will notice it e.g. in your trouser pocket. However this does not mean it is uncomfortable.
    Actually I feel it better in my hand than my S8, and I don't have big hands.
    Because the S8 was quite narrow my hand had to be too closed with one of the phone corners pressing may palm.
    Now I can hold it just around it and even my thumb can move more freely. I can still type one hand, also 2 hands while the S8 is too narrow for this.
    Becase the S8/S8+ were the same but size and price I got the S8. Now between the S9/S9+ I think it makes a lot of sense to go with the S9+.
    03-12-2018 02:33 AM
    Thanks. I would have to agree.
    03-12-2018 11:02 PM
    My wife's S9+ arrives today. She is going from the S8 to the S9+. I was a little concerned about her small hands going to a bigger phone. She used my Pixel 2 XL for a few days without any issues.
    03-13-2018 07:25 AM
    Thanks for this. I'm waiting for my 9+ and will be moving to that from the S8 so your comments reinforce all the reasons why.
    03-13-2018 07:38 AM
    I think S8 Plus user should wait for Samsung Galaxy Note 9..!!
    03-13-2018 11:03 AM