My 3 day old S9+ Battery Drain Fast

Akin Ozer

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
With power save(FHD+, slowing cpu etc.) mode my battery drain %9 in 35 minute. In this 35 minute I did some search about battery drain issue and messegaing via whatsapp. What should I do.

Firoz110

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re: My 3 day ol S9+ Battery Drain Fast

Same issue here, been at work all day and not used much at all. Screen on time is 2hours and down to under 30% got the the phone on optimised mode.

Here's a screen shot, I did put it on charge for a few mins right before I took the screen shot so you can probably see it going up. I knew I shouldn't have bought another samsung.

Anyone know what might be going wrong?

UK version s9 plus

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180312-184652_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180312-184652_Settings.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 197

Firoz110

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Switching from a Google pixel first gen which had a 2700 mah had better battery life then this with similar usage to the above it would be around 50%

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Switching from a Google pixel first gen which had a 2700 mah had better battery life then this with similar usage to the above it would be around 50%

The Pixel doesn't have 230 extra apps running in the background. I would highly advise anyone getting a samsung device to not expect great battery life because of the software. I'm not saying it can't be a great device and a great experience, but I would not expect great battery life. If it does happen I think its an anomaly and not then norm.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
if you search on YouTube there are a bunch of new battery comparisons with the s9+. I'm consistently getting 5.5 to 6 hours of SoT on my Note 8. I have about 140 apps, ATT locked version. I disabled almost all the bloat. With AOD on standby loss of about 1% loss per hour. I would disagree that Samsung has general bad battery life . I have an Mate 9 as well to compare.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Batteries take several charges to be conditioned properly anyway so bad battery life on a 3 day old phone is to be expected.

manomic

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a SD845 S9+ (delivered today).. Battery seems to be very good. Don't have enough info on standby drain but don't see heavy drain. I did the following.
1) Setup from scratch.
2) After updating to the latest firmware I reset the phone
3) Disabled a few apps & Bixby, using BX Actions to remap bixby button
4) No AOD, no iris or facial scanning just the fingerprint sensor
5) Charged the phone after turning it on, setup the phone while plugged in.

I'm at 1hr 48 min usage 84% battery remaining. I used the phone for browsing and some apps here n there, set them up, not heavy usage. I know I'm happy that I am on the good side of battery (I OCD on battery usage :p ) and seeing stats like this would make someone who has bad battery go crazy, I'm posting this so that one could try these and see if the battery gets better.Screenshot_91.jpgScreenshot_89.jpgScreenshot_84.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Many purchase Samsung for its features. Now we are told to get decent battery life it is best to disable as many features as possible. If I wanted a featureless phone I would buy a Google phone in the first place. Older versions of Android would tell you which apps were using the battery. Now too many are included in "Android system" so we have no idea what is going on. This is a bad thing.

The real source of the problem imo are the changes in Android that prevent us seeing specifically which apps are eating the battery. This isn't Samsung's fault. I suspect providers prefer that users don't find their bloatware as a proven source of problems. Android now hides it nicely.

Danh238

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
My s9 went from 100% battery to 35% within 8 hours normally it goes down to 70 or 80% within 8 hrs and mine is 6 days old

jako607

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me out of the box with my S7 Edge as well....FWIW I found that factory resetting it someone "jolted" the battery/OS into working properly and I never had a problem after that .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888