S9 and + still haven't improved the speakerphone issue.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I would think this is an isolated issue, probably related to where the phone was produced. The speakers on my S9+ sound amazing compared to previous Galaxy generations. In fact, it's one of the most noticeable upgrades.

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
me and my wife both have this issue. she has a 9+ and I have a 9. I never use speaker phone anymore because sometimes they can't even hear me at all and then I switch off speaker and everything is fine. it's not an isolated incident for us so neither one of us uses speaker phone

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I use speakerphone all the time and don't have this problem on my S9+. People can hear me fine and I use speakerphone almost exclusively when I'm on the phone. Maybe I just got a good unit.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I too am extremely upset with S9 plus variant phone coming from T-Mobile. 90% of the people I talk to state they cannot hear me or that I sound muffled when using speakerphone. I heard somebody comment and say why didn't the other person that had the same issue as me not return their phone, what a joke. I did too return my phone which T-Mobile kindly swamped out and still having the same issue... of course the employees at T-Mobile do all they can to persuade you that the phone is great and it's the other person's phone etc etc, not the case. Not sure who to blame or talk about whether Samsung or the network at T-Mobile I imagine is a software issue which needs to be addressed immediately, wondering why my phone is not on Oreo 8.0 like everybody else?
Would you want to return your phone to purchase another model like Note 8 or V30 or iPhone? If so tell them that. I always find it helps to tell customer service exactly what I want done to cure a problem. There is no other cure for this issue

Pickle528

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site
I have this issue. The microphone isn't working. If I record video on go on a call, it sounds muffled. I might have to exchange for LG v30

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I would think this is an isolated issue, probably related to where the phone was produced. The speakers on my S9+ sound amazing compared to previous Galaxy generations. In fact, it's one of the most noticeable upgrades.

Sure the speakers sound great on everyone else's phones as well. Did you read the post? It's about the microphone that is used when speakerphone is in use. When you speak into your microphone the other person cannot hear you very well.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If hands-free calling is that important to you, maybe you should buy a Bluetooth earpiece? I paid about $20 for mine (Plantronics Explorer 50 on sale) & it works fine, it connects to my phone without any hassles and audio is clear.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Sure the speakers sound great on everyone else's phones as well. Did you read the post? It's about the microphone that is used when speakerphone is in use. When you speak into your microphone the other person cannot hear you very well.

Fair enough. I have no issues with the microphone on my S9+. I would think there would be far more threads about this if it were a widespread issue.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
S9 here. Luckily no speaker phone issues. Clear and loud. No complaints from the other end either.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Still a huge problem on T-Mobile. Just do a Google search. The issue is mainly on speakerphone between two new-ish Galaxy devices, like S9-to-S9 or Note9-to-S9. T-Mobile does not allow you to disable HD+ voice calling (like, say Verizon does). This is leading to super muffled calls on speakerphone.

After an exhaustive search, the problem is widespread and still remarkably has no solution even though it's not hardware related.

The only workaround is to change the network in settings from LTE/3G/2G to 3G/2G. That changes calls from HD+ to regular HD, fixing the call problem. However, it's an unacceptable solution because it also reduces data speeds.

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Still a huge problem on T-Mobile. Just do a Google search. The issue is mainly on speakerphone between two new-ish Galaxy devices, like S9-to-S9 or Note9-to-S9. T-Mobile does not allow you to disable HD+ voice calling (like, say Verizon does). This is leading to super muffled calls on speakerphone.

After an exhaustive search, the problem is widespread and still remarkably has no solution even though it's not hardware related.

The only workaround is to change the network in settings from LTE/3G/2G to 3G/2G. That changes calls from HD+ to regular HD, fixing the call problem. However, it's an unacceptable solution because it also reduces data speeds.

No wonder I haven't notice any problem ..
My default is OFF ..
Screenshot_20180905-175353_Advanced Calling.jpg

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wow... Samsung just stinks.... I work for a wireless carrier and I can't tell you the amount of calls I've had regarding the S8 and S8 plus speaker phone having crappy some. Sounds like the other party is under water when they're talking through their speakerphone. I'm very disappointed to see that Samsung did not resolve this issue on the S9 or plus. Disappointing.

Been using S Series since S4... Until S9+... No speakerphone issues at all...

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Received my new galaxy S9 couple days ago, and read this message board regarding speakerphone issues, also read numerous other threads regarding call quality problems. Most concerning on a new recipient of this phone. Very pleased to report that for me this phone does not exhibit any of those issues. Boy, did I test this out for call/speaker phone quality.

I’ve also read that most of the issues are from those overseas. I don’t know why they have these issues but I hope the update they are receiving fixes them.

My phone is a galaxy S9 64 gb
Verizon is my carrier.
Live in Florida, USA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton