09-07-2018 01:07 PM
59 123
tools
    Wow... Samsung just stinks.... I work for a wireless carrier and I can't tell you the amount of calls I've had regarding the S8 and S8 plus speaker phone having crappy some. Sounds like the other party is under water when they're talking through their speakerphone. I'm very disappointed to see that Samsung did not resolve this issue on the S9 or plus. Disappointing.
    Bob80220, 1tahoegal and hasasimo like this.
    03-12-2018 05:14 PM
    Never had a issue with my speaker phone myself. On either the s8 plus or note 8. But I don't make that many speaker phone calls. The times I've used it it sounded fine to me.
    03-13-2018 02:48 AM
    I used it all day today with no issues on an s8. will check it out on the s9 tomorrow. stay tuned.
    03-13-2018 10:16 PM
    Wow, you've posted quite a few negative/complaint about your new phone.

Why not just simply return it and done?
    03-14-2018 01:40 AM
    That's something. I've never had a problem with my Samsung speakerphones.
    03-14-2018 09:01 AM
    Wow... Samsung just stinks.... I work for a wireless carrier and I can't tell you the amount of calls I've had regarding the S8 and S8 plus speaker phone having crappy some. Sounds like the other party is under water when they're talking through their speakerphone. I'm very disappointed to see that Samsung did not resolve this issue on the S9 or plus. Disappointing.
    Just talk on the phone normally
    03-14-2018 11:40 AM
    speaker phone is working great. The radios on the 845 are phenomenal as well. I have full bars in my house rather than 1 or 2 from the s7 and s8. I think I'm on a new LTE band.
    03-14-2018 12:45 PM
    Sounds like you're the only one with speaker issue?

Is it possibly because of the signal? How many bars do you have?
    03-14-2018 01:12 PM
    I remember someone mentioning in a review that only the bottom speaker works for phone calls. I'm not sure because i don't have the S9/S9 plus. If this is true, i don't understand why they would do that. If many users will complain about this(reddit,forums,articles) maybe Samsung will enable the top speaker for calls with an update... hopefully.
    Edit: A quick google search
    https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...rs/td-p/440960
    03-14-2018 01:33 PM
    speaker phone is working great. The radios on the 845 are phenomenal as well. I have full bars in my house rather than 1 or 2 from the s7 and s8. I think I'm on a new LTE band.
    Carrier? The Note 7 had and 8+ has mediocre signal reception on Verizon.
    03-14-2018 01:52 PM
    Your experience contradicts my experience on both devices, as well as reviews.
    03-14-2018 01:57 PM
    speaker phone works great here
    03-14-2018 01:59 PM
    Your experience contradicts my experience on both devices, as well as reviews.
    I don't have the S9...so both speakers work in phone calls, video calls? Thx
    03-14-2018 01:59 PM
    Carrier? The Note 7 had and 8+ has mediocre signal reception on Verizon.
    I'm on at&t
    03-14-2018 02:00 PM
    No issues here.... speaker phone sounds just great on my S9.
    03-14-2018 04:35 PM
    Hmm, yeah speakerphone sounds fantastic on my S9. The other side thought I was using the earpiece. Very possible that it's a cover/case that's causing this.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    03-14-2018 05:10 PM
    Just received my S9+ and played with it for a few hours. Everything works perfectly. Speaker is awesome!

There was clear plastic cover that needed to be removed.
    03-14-2018 05:34 PM
    Milehigherik,
    I too AM having this problem so to he** with the rest of you! I got my S9+ a week ago and so far the speakers echo terribly on Google Maps, videos etc. The people here that don't think it's a big deal....try driving in strange towns & cities everyday without GPS & a speaker!!! Try driving HANDS FREE (law) & not being able to use your speaker phone!! Some people don't have the luxury of not using the speaker & NO ONE should have to!! SAMSUNG NEEDS to address this & fix it! It's not an app or a setting. It did it straight out of the box.
    05-02-2018 11:11 AM
    Also, if you DON'T own the device in question & you DON'T have the issue, why are you posting anything here?? :/
    05-02-2018 11:15 AM
    Also, if you DON'T own the device in question & you DON'T have the issue, why are you posting anything here?? :/
    Because people are allowed to post around the forums -- we welcome conversation and don't put restrictions on "You can only post if you have said device" because many may have previously owned or have ideas on how to fix things even without having said phone .
    milehigherik and SR45 like this.
    05-02-2018 11:17 AM
    I don't have the S9...so both speakers work in phone calls, video calls? Thx
    It works fine on video calls because I believe it uses a different microphone. Whenever you're making a phone call and have speakerphone on periodically it will cut out and sound very muffled.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    05-02-2018 11:21 AM
    Hmm, yeah speakerphone sounds fantastic on my S9. The other side thought I was using the earpiece. Very possible that it's a cover/case that's causing this.
    Not a chance. It's a known issue that the waterproofing on the Galaxy series inhibits the speakerphone from sounding crystal clear all the time on all devices.
    recDNA and missmotta like this.
    05-02-2018 11:22 AM
    I understand. But I come from BlackBerry world. They always have excellent speakerphones - targeted to the business user. The Passport had 5 microphones if memory serves, for noise canceling.

But that market was not big enough and now the licensees of BlackBerry name are not delivering that quality in their mid range devices and they don't make high end devices.

I have found the radio In my S9 + to be excellent however, AT&T USA.
    05-02-2018 11:31 AM
    My speaker phone sounds good to me. It's also possible that some people might be using an unlocked device and some carriers won't give you HD Voice or Voice over LTE on unlocked noncarrier branded phones. It can also be the person on the other end depending on various factors. If I join a conference call for work and the service has an app, like Cisco WebEx,I make sure to use the app and take the call through the app so it uses my Data connection or wifi for better quality calls.
    05-02-2018 12:01 PM
    This is not an issue of user error. This is about a physical problem with the device. I've tried and tested it on several different devices and it's come back to only one thing. They microphone on the Galaxy Series has a waterproof membrane over it that affects the quality of the call in some cases. I've had two different S9 plus is the first one had the issue this one has not to this point.
    05-02-2018 12:11 PM
59 123