How long for S9+ Video Stabilization fix?

tygerrr

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
How long can one expect it will take for Samsung to release an update that will fix the horrible video stabilization with the S9 and S9+? I was pretty certain that I was going to be switching from iPhone X to S9+ but then I saw the video stabilization in the Samsung....absolutely unusable video in my opinion and frankly if I were Samsung I would be embarrassed. And no AF at higher FPS? and 5 minutes max? Second guessing my decision to go with the S9+

With all that said, I'm pretty confident they will push out a fix....but how long does something like that typically take from Samsung?

RandomGuy Yo

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Probably referring to something some know it all YouTuber said. In fact I think I seen the video, it had aggressive stabilization and tries to correct itself

tygerrr

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Probably referring to something some know it all YouTuber said. In fact I think I seen the video, it had aggressive stabilization and tries to correct itself

I haven't seen a youtube video review that DOES NOT have the janky and aggressive stabilization. And there are plenty of reviews out that highlight the exact same issue...as well as overexposure and extremely soft and mushy front camera.

Last edited:

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't seen a youtube video review that DOES NOT have the janky and aggressive stabilization. And there are plenty of reviews out that highlight the exact same issue...as well as overexposure and extremely soft and mushy front camera.

And a lot of YouTubers just have review units not running the latest software. Not saying it isn't a issue, just going off what my experience is with mine. It's not an issue with my S9+

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, review videos. Yeah, posts like these should state that they haven't actually used the phone. That being said, Sammy video stabilization has always been aggressive when using the digital one, and to some, that's unusable. For normal scenarios, however, it's usually a non-issue. But then again, reviewers don't use 'normal scenarios', do they? :p

tygerrr

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
But then again, reviewers don't use 'normal scenarios', do they? :p

I would say taking a walk around a neighborhood park or around town is a normal scenario.

I've yet to see any youtube video from the S9 that doesn't have the issue. The front camera doesn't seem to have the stabilization problem, but it does crop in quite a bit when stabilized.

Last edited:

Marcin S2

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I've also have issues with video stabilization in UHD mode. It's super aggressive and creates artifacts which makes the video complete disaster. My friend watching movies from S9 are basically laughing at them.. looks like the phone is not ready for 4k. When I switch the stabilization off.. the artifacts are gone.. but also the stabilization..
I've raised this issue to Samsung and they are investigating a video sample..