I went over to my local AT&T store today and checked out the S9 and the S9+ as I am in the market for a new device. I must say they are very impressive devices. If I acquire a S9 or S9+ I would be installing the BlackBerry apps as I am very pleased with them in my current device which is a BlackBerry Priv.

I am interested to hear feedback pros and cons from Galaxy owners who have installed them in your new S9/S9+ or the previous model the S8/S8+. I am most interested in hearing from those who have installed BlackBerry Hub/Services, Launcher, and Keyboard.

Thanks in advance...

Bob
    03-13-2018 03:44 PM
    They work fine...
    03-30-2018 05:51 AM
    i only have the keyboard installed, i just can't get away from the flick typing lol. keyboard works just as good on the s9 (also had it on my s7) as it does on my priv that the s7 replaced
    mister2d likes this.
    03-30-2018 09:42 PM
    If someone could please share where you installed the BB keyboard I would be most grateful! Miss my Priv keyboard. A lot.
    03-30-2018 09:44 PM
    I use BlackBerry Hub from the Google play and they work great!
    03-30-2018 11:10 PM
    I also use the BlackBerry Keyboard from BlackBerry Manager. https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    missmotta likes this.
    03-30-2018 11:10 PM
    I use mostly everything expect the launcher and they work perfectly for the most part
    03-31-2018 12:15 PM
    I use Blackberry Hub, Keyboard, Password Keeper and Calendar ...I have yet to have an issue with any of them. I have used them on Galaxy S7 edge and now on the Galaxy S9+.
    03-31-2018 09:25 PM
    I also use the BlackBerry Keyboard from BlackBerry Manager. https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    Thank you so much!! Just downloaded and got my keyboard back!!
    mister2d likes this.
    03-31-2018 10:19 PM
    I use them all except the password msnager and got the BlackBerry keyboard from cobalt's blackberrymanager app. it is just a BlackBerry on steroids. of course those that require enterprise server/management can't be installed.
    04-01-2018 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies... In the event TCL/BBMo doesn't release a PKB device to my liking soon I will be transitioning to a S9/9+ or Pixel 2/2XL.

I do like the BlackBerry apps and I am glad to hear they work well on the S9... especially BlackBerry Keyboard.

Bob
    04-01-2018 05:07 PM
    i was waiting on blackberry to, i have always had a blackberry until i got my s7 used. i just wasn't happy with what they were offering anymore. my priv reached it's EOL after only 2 years. luckily i didn't have much to pay on it in order to upgrade to the s9. and i never used the pkb on the priv, buttons never worked right with my fat fingers like the older bolds used to. to be honest, i wouldn't hold my breath for another pkb phone from tcl/bb even though they say they have one in the works, and i was one of the biggest bb fans, hell i even have a playbook that i turn on from time to time lol
    04-03-2018 08:12 PM
    Thanks for the replies... In the event TCL/BBMo doesn't release a PKB device to my liking soon I will be transitioning to a S9/9+ or Pixel 2/2XL.

I do like the BlackBerry apps and I am glad to hear they work well on the S9... especially BlackBerry Keyboard.

Bob
    My BlackBerry keyboard crashed once. I don't have a clue as to why.
    04-05-2018 11:51 AM
    I have but not anymore, love the idea of the hub but it is in imo still nowhere near the BB10 vintage. 9 times out of 10 it is still quicker and easier to just go straight to the individual app in question. Best if you use the bb launcher, if you don't then badges do not work on all apps, i.e. you'll have a badge/splat on WhatsApp but nothing on the hub.

Otherwise works fine though but there is a slight battery hit to be aware of.
    04-05-2018 05:54 PM
    My BlackBerry keyboard crashed once. I don't have a clue as to why.
    did you keep the blackberry manager app installed so you could check to see if the keyboard needed an update? the app doesn't notify if there's an update, you have to manually check
    04-06-2018 08:35 PM
    Agreed, keyboard is awesome. I have tried to use the Google keyboard since I switched from the S7 edge to the S9 plus but it didn't quite do it for me. I can't do without the long press for capital letters.

I also use the hub, which works very well
    04-07-2018 09:04 PM
    Hi. I have installed hub+ on my s9+ dual SIM and it all works fine except hotmail/outlook email. It won't send or reply to hotmail email. I have tried everything and spoken to Samsung. They say it is a software issue with hub at present.
    I have been running hub on my s8+ for a year with no problems at all.
    Gmail and other email sends and receives perfectly on the s9.
    Regards
    04-08-2018 02:29 AM
    on my single Sim AT&T S9+, outlook.com email works great with the hub and syncs the BlackBerry calendar and contacts.
    04-08-2018 08:08 AM
    This was a very helpful thread thanks! I've just ordered an S9+ to upgrade from my BlackBerry PRIV. I hope my transition goes as smoothly as possible. I plan to keep as many of my BlackBerry apps as possible. I'll have the single SIM version on Rogers so hopefully I'll have no issues with Hotmail / Outlook. I'll back up everything I can and restore as much as possible like my BlackBerry password keeper app and data. Thanks again for the thread responses!
    04-27-2018 09:07 PM
    Use Hub, calendar, contacts and keyboard. All work exceedingly well. My family does the same. No issues at all. All on galaxies.
    04-27-2018 09:16 PM
    Forgot to welcome you to AC Bob. You and I go back to our CrackBerry days.
    04-27-2018 09:17 PM
    I almost had a panic attack when I tried to install the keyboard when it said it was not compatible with my device then I remembered this thread and that Cobalt made it available. I trust him from Crackberry and was so thrilled that everything seems to be working great on my new S9+. Cobalt you rock! Thanks so much so saving me as I couldn't stand that default keyboard.
    05-02-2018 05:17 AM
    This is a great thread, I myself just moved to the S9 from the PRIV and I cannot for the life of me get the Notifications to work on the Lock Screen (AOD or not)... very frustrating. I did see that this is an Oreo issue with screen overlay, but the notifications work fine using the VZW Messenger app (not the default one) on both the Lock Screen and the AOD. I have installed Nova Launcher and that didn't help either.

I am so used to the HUB (I still have my KeyOne as my personal device) and have been a loyal BB fan(atic) since the very early days. All I am asking is to get the notifications working on the Lock Screen (obviously from the HUB, do not want to have 3 different apps open all the time) and the AOD.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely helpful.

End of Rant
    05-11-2018 02:05 PM
    I almost had a panic attack when I tried to install the keyboard when it said it was not compatible with my device then I remembered this thread and that Cobalt made it available. I trust him from Crackberry and was so thrilled that everything seems to be working great on my new S9+. Cobalt you rock! Thanks so much so saving me as I couldn't stand that default keyboard.
    I to use the BlackBerry keyboard. But for some reason when yup@g. That was supposed to be typing, it garbles up with an @ sign as it did there. What is going on? Is that why the BlackBerry keyboard is not on Google play?
    05-12-2018 10:35 AM
    I to use the BlackBerry keyboard. But for some reason when yup@g. That was supposed to be typing, it garbles up with an @ sign as it did there. What is going on? Is that why the BlackBerry keyboard is not on Google play?
    I also get the @ sign a lot and can't figure out why. But I'll live with that just to have my swipe delete and long press to capitalize options. Still the best keyboard.
    05-12-2018 11:36 AM