03-22-2018 05:25 PM
44 12
tools
    I did not see this type of thread posted yet so I started one. I've used Samsung pay today with it without a problem so I'm happy
    RevePro, Gray Area and missmotta like this.
    03-13-2018 06:34 PM
    It rocks, works great just about everywhere.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:12 PM
    There is a thread about it - I think it was comparing to Android Pay. Lots of good information.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:26 PM
    I used it this past weekend and it worked perfectly
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:28 PM
    I did not see this type of thread posted yet so I started one. I've used Samsung pay today with it without a problem so I'm happy
    Unlocked or Carrier brands?
    03-13-2018 07:52 PM
    Unlocked or Carrier brands?
    Tmobile S9+
    03-13-2018 07:55 PM
    First time using Samsung pay or first time with the s9? I was happy that I was actually able to add a card to my phone and gear s3 without having to call my bank. I'm guessing my note 8 had some sort of issue getting the code from my bank.
    03-13-2018 07:56 PM
    First time using Samsung pay or first time with the s9? I was happy that I was actually able to add a card to my phone and gear s3 without having to call my bank. I'm guessing my note 8 had some sort of issue getting the code from my bank.
    Samsung pay master here lol. Just got s9plus today
    03-13-2018 07:59 PM
    I've been a power user as well since my crappy bank finally got on board. I was getting ready to switch banks because of it. My only complaint was having to call the bank to activate my card, which isn't the case anymore.
    03-13-2018 08:12 PM
    You can also go to samsung web site and see which bank is on board with SP.
    03-13-2018 09:11 PM
    How many points has everyone on here got racked up on samsung pay. I very recently switched over from the note 8 and have 5860 points. I've already hit the 50 transactions so I'm not going to earn anymore points until the new month hits. I need at least 6000 to get the $20 visa reward. Wish Samsung Pay hadn't changed their terms but oh well, it's still a blast to use.
    03-18-2018 05:29 AM
    How many points has everyone on here got racked up on samsung pay. I very recently switched over from the note 8 and have 5860 points. I've already hit the 50 transactions so I'm not going to earn anymore points until the new month hits. I need at least 6000 to get the $20 visa reward. Wish Samsung Pay hadn't changed their terms but oh well, it's still a blast to use.
    I'm doing well 😁
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung pay-231.jpg  
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-18-2018 05:47 AM
    I used it at a local book store and the card machine said no chip and swipe only. I put the phone next to the terminal and the cashier said it wouldn't work I just told him hit credit and guess what it worked. He was speechless after the payment went through.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-18-2018 07:15 AM
    I am trying to train myself to use Samsung pay. When I first got s6 edge, my bank at the time wasn't on board with Samsung pay and I never bothered going back in later on and seeing if there was any update. While setting up my s9+ I check Samsung pay and now my bank is there. Also another cc that wasn't previously on Samsung pay is on there too. I also like I can add my membership cards. I have a special gas card and it was nice that I could add it. Too bad I just got gas the day before I got my phone lol...
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-18-2018 07:56 AM
    I use google pay because samsung rewards is not available in the uk and mst is not available in the uk either.
    Also Google pay works from the lock screen without having to open the app
    03-18-2018 08:11 AM
    Can you use your Samsung pay linked credit card and then pay that balance with your Samsung pay linked debit card triple dipping the same dollar?
    03-20-2018 03:48 PM
    Just installed Samsung Pay. Been using Google Pay till now. Does Samsung Pay require you to open anything or do anything? I'm used to just literally just unlocking my phone and tapping.
    03-20-2018 04:01 PM
    Just installed Samsung Pay. Been using Google Pay till now. Does Samsung Pay require you to open anything or do anything? I'm used to just literally just unlocking my phone and tapping.
    Sort of open your phone and swipe up. Then just hit your fingerprint and tap. Same thing. Except it works at so many more places than Google Pay. I just used it at a shoe store. The lady goes on we dont take Samsung Pay. We only accept Apple pay. I just laughed and tapped my phone. Worked just fine. She shocked.
    Lundon44 likes this.
    03-20-2018 04:05 PM
    Yeah you unlock your phone you flick up the screen if you have your favorites cards saved in a tab on the homepage you can store quite a few different credit cards in Samsung pay to choose between I have mine set up to pay with a fingerprint.
    Lundon44 likes this.
    03-20-2018 04:28 PM
    You can also set it up so you can just swipe up from the bottom of the screen while the phone is locked.
    03-20-2018 04:30 PM
    I hate that they changed the point structure. But using Samsung Pay has typically been a breeze.
    03-20-2018 04:52 PM
    As an owner of a Galaxy S7 Edge, I chose to wait for the GS9 to come out and skip the S8, mainly because I didnt think I'd be able to live with that terrible fingerprint sensor location, and my Edge was running quite nicely. Over the last year, I've strongly considered other phones that have tempted me, such as the Pixel 2XL, Moto Z, HTC U11 or Ultra, etc. But after all the contemplating about features of each phone, I keep going back to one thing....some may think it's the headphone jack that sets the GS9 apart and was my deciding factor, but while this is a huge bonus in my opinion and gives the GS9 a nice boost in the pecking order, it's actually Samsung Pay that continues to set apart this manufacturer from ALL other phones. Why people do not talk about this feature more is baffling to me, because as a technology loving gadget nerd who know all the specs of every phone out there, I've found no greater advantage for a phone than the ability to pay at just about every point of sale system there is (including NFC, magnetic stripe, EMV terminals for chip-based cards). It even worked on my recent vacation to Australia where I didnt want to bring a bulging wallet while at the beach or walking around town. I almost never have to take my wallet out anymore because Samsung Pay, and unlike Google Pay or Apple Pay, I dont have to wonder whether or not a place is going to have a Google Pay terminal. As long as they take credit card, I'm good. The only place it wont work is gas stations where you have to insert the card, but as the owner of an electric car this is not a concern of mine =). It's the most convenient and differentiating feature of a phone I've ever used, and it's what brought me to buy the S9+. That said, I'm pretty upset that Samsung Rewards just had a devaluation, which really pissed me off...it'll take forever now just to get a $20 rewards card. But hey, how many other phone payment methods give you rewards just for using it?! I read and watched over 20 GS9 reviews and only one of them even mentioned Samsung Pay when comparing the GS9 to phones like the Pixel 2 XL. They're all worried about the camera. But I can take great pictures with either of those phones...what I can't do with a Pixel 2 is leave my wallet in my pocket or car and not worry about paying for stuff.
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-20-2018 06:56 PM
    Sort of open your phone and swipe up. Then just hit your fingerprint and tap. Same thing. Except it works at so many more places than Google Pay. I just used it at a shoe store. The lady goes on we dont take Samsung Pay. We only accept Apple pay. I just laughed and tapped my phone. Worked just fine. She shocked.
    LOL, yeah I'm doing exact same thing. Funny as hell.
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-20-2018 08:35 PM
    Everywhere I go, I dont see a sign that says Samsung pay accepted. So how will I know where I can/cat use it?
    03-20-2018 08:44 PM
    Everywhere I go, I dont see a sign that says Samsung pay accepted. So how will I know where I can/cat use it?

As long as there a place to swipe your card it should work. Just activate your Samsung pay and hold the phone near where you would slide the card.
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-20-2018 08:47 PM
44 12