Changing text message background on galaxy s9 plus

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is there any way to change your text message background on the galaxy s9 plus? I liked that feature on my old phone and am disappointed they didn't include it on this new model.

DALLASOUTLAW

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
You've as kways been able to customize everything thing from the text screen wall paper, individual text tones and more one reason I have always had samsung is you can customize everything text tones so you know who is texting you. And able to change your text background so it's not just as boring white background like apple if they don't pi watch or fix this I'll be pissed and might go back to my S7..... this bull**** I'm hoping it's just because I got my phone early by or order AZ nd thry need to latch stuff tomorrow!

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to change your text message background on the galaxy s9 plus? I liked that feature on my old phone and am disappointed they didn't include it on this new model.

I'm disappointed too. I really hope they are able to change this. I've noticed a few things already that the 8 had that the 9 does not. Like labels for pictures. Now you can only draw on the pictures. You can add labels like before. Which really came in handy for making memes, pictures with quotes, etc. Very disappointed in the S9+ already & only had it 3 days. Isn't a new, better phone supposed to have more, better features & keep the old features?

ipeaches

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah you can't change the color of the chat bubbles either except by changing the theme. I think they are pushing the themes too hard even though I generally like them.

Ally Sherwood

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
I hope they change this with an update or something because it does us all a disservice when we expected so much from this device. I gave up my S8 ➕ for this phone & the white font color is messing W/my eyes. For now I went back to GoSms Pro till they do an update. Because they are lacking in some areas

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been going crazy all morning trying to find something that's not there. Ugh. Not being able to change the bubbles or background theme is not good!

Also, where did the emojis go on the stock text messaging app?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been going crazy all morning trying to find something that's not there. Ugh. Not being able to change the bubbles or background theme is not good!

Also, where did the emojis go on the stock text messaging app?
The emojis are there. To the left of where you input text is a smile face with arrows. Click that and the option shows up.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Beauty of Android is there are hundreds of options available to customize till your happy with the phone. Textra is a super messaging app for customization.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, I am using the perfect keyboard app since I like the T9 layout. with that said, it looks like I don't have Any emojis. I changed back to the stock text Messaging app, and it looks like my emojis are there. So, it looks like my perfect keyboard app will not allow any emojis.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
hmmm, I am using the perfect keyboard app since I like the T9 layout. with that said, it looks like I don't have Any emojis. I changed back to the stock text Messaging app, and it looks like my emojis are there. So, it looks like my perfect keyboard app will not allow any emojis.
So it's not "perfect" ahahahahah sorry I had to. Glad you figured it out. Yeah that keyboard didn't have it. The stock Samsung one does

Sue DeWeese

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
It is really annoying that we cannot change background to text message screens. And the Contact app display is also plain white. How to change that?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Or do I have to buy new themes? That would be rude if we have to buy themes after having paid $1000 for this new phone.
There are free themes and paid themes. Most themes are made by third parties that didn't get any of that $1000 you paid for your phone.

Diaun21

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
I called and was told that Samsung took this feature away on newer models with the software update. They also removed personalized text tones as well. I just upgraded from the S8 and noticed that disappeared after my last update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2