Anyone here move from the Note 8 to the S9 Plus and not sure about it?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have Tmobile and used a Jump on Demand Jump to go to the S9Plus from my Note 8. I preordered it so I have both right now, taking a little time to decide which to actually keep. I really do like the S9Plus but not sure I want to let the Note go.

Curious if anyone else has done the same.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I did. My s9 plus is OTW but I have no regrets. I realise the pen. It has upgraded specs. I'm all good. And I got a additional 100 off from Best Buy. Now if I used the pen a lot I would have waited for the Note 9. But since I don't i will switch. But I'm the type of person that will most likely get the note 9 as well so there's that.

BADhominid

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
I switched too, also in TMobile, and so far I'm pretty happy. Surprisingly my 4g download speed has roughly doubled just from switching phones. 40~mb/sec to 100+. That's significant.

One gripe though, I can't clear notification badges by long pressing an app anymore. That feature is gone. Very annoying as some apps, Facebook messenger being the biggest offender, tend to have badge counters that don't properly reset. This is infuriating, but the overall performance of this phone is so good in every other regard that I guess I'll just wait and see if Sammy brings it back. Fingers crossed.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I came from the note 8 as well. Already dropped it off at t-mobile. No regrets so far. Didn't use the pen much and the screen isn't that much smaller. Kind of like the slightly smaller phone. I'll be switching back to the note 9 when it comes out, because what's the point of JOD if you don't use it. Less than 24 hours with the 9+, but I think I made the right choice. Just drop your note off at t-mobile so you stop second guessing your decision.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. Nice to hear that there aren't any regrets, because that's exactly what I'm doing. Note 8 to S9+.

I don't use the S-Pen, so I won't miss it.

I'll post my feedback when the S9+ arrives.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've decided to return the 9Plus. Now, I really liked it overall - no complaints about it - BUT- I still like my Note 8 and don't want to give it up just yet. Taking the 9Plus back to Tmobile today - Ipreordered, but since it's Jump on Demand, I return in store so I'll do that on my break. Plus...will be nice to get that down payment back - have some other things that money will be useful for (Garage door, van windshield).

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I've decided to return the 9Plus. Now, I really liked it overall - no complaints about it - BUT- I still like my Note 8 and don't want to give it up just yet. Taking the 9Plus back to Tmobile today - Ipreordered, but since it's Jump on Demand, I return in store so I'll do that on my break. Plus...will be nice to get that down payment back - have some other things that money will be useful for (Garage door, van windshield).

Question about this. Did you preorder over the phone and have it delivered? I got my s9 and I do not like it. upgraded from an iphone x and would rather have a note 8 again. Don't you have to mail back the s9 ?

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Question about this. Did you preorder over the phone and have it delivered? I got my s9 and I do not like it. upgraded from an iphone x and would rather have a note 8 again. Don't you have to mail back the s9 ?

If you order over the phone and they sent it by mail u will have to send it back through the mail . That is what I had to do on devices I sent back.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I switched from note 8 to s9+ and don't regret it at all. I may even skip the note 9 all together. The square corners of the note make it seem bigger than it really is, the 9 curves feels better to me.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got mine through Tmobile - Jump on Demand "Jump upgrade". They shipped it to my house. Because it is a Jump on Demand lease, I am returning in store, as instructed by TMobile. I will do that today on my break. I'm going to keep the Note 8.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I got mine through Tmobile - Jump on Demand "Jump upgrade". They shipped it to my house. Because it is a Jump on Demand lease, I am returning in store, as instructed by TMobile. I will do that today on my break. I'm going to keep the Note 8.

I think you may be out of luck. I'm a JOD veteran and the only way you can return the s9 is by mailing it back. When you signed the EIP you agreed to return your existing phone to the store within 14 days. There's no way to terminate that EIP and reverse the upgrade. You have 2 option. 1 is to return your note 8 and then ask in store if they will allow you to jump right away from the s9 to the note 8 again or mail back the s9 which will be the only way they will terminate the EIP under the 14 day buyer's remorse. They cannot accept returns for online or phone orders in store.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think you may be out of luck. I'm a JOD veteran and the only way you can return the s9 is by mailing it back. When you signed the EIP you agreed to return your existing phone to the store within 14 days. There's no way to terminate that EIP and reverse the upgrade. You have 2 option. 1 is to return your note 8 and then ask in store if they will allow you to jump right away from the s9 to the note 8 again or mail back the s9 which will be the only way they will terminate the EIP under the 14 day buyer's remorse. They cannot accept returns for online or phone orders in store.
I've just spoken with Tmobile about it - they advised I return it in store. I printed the paperwork and will stop at the store to do so.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Lol. First they said they'll send a label. Then they said drop off in store. Now - they said to ship it back lolol. I'm really glad I triple checked before heading to that store. I should be getting a UPSreturn label here shortly. We have a UPS store right around the corner from my work so I'll drop it off there and get my receipt. SHEESH.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Lol. First they said they'll send a label. Then they said drop off in store. Now - they said to ship it back lolol. I'm really glad I triple checked before heading to that store. I should be getting a UPSreturn label here shortly. We have a UPS store right around the corner from my work so I'll drop it off there and get my receipt. SHEESH.

Told ya lol. Ill be here all day for everyones JOD needs....

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Sad to see you go, I guess we'll see you again in the note 9 pre-order thread.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Possibly. I like the Note 8 and really, the $128 down I paid can go to better use we have some stuff were doing at home
I hear that, I too could have spent the money on more important things. Phones, hunting and firearms are my weakness. Thankfully I've had a few good weeks at work. Doesn't make the wife any happier about it though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hear that, I too could have spent the money on more important things. Phones, hunting and firearms are my weakness. Thankfully I've had a few good weeks at work. Doesn't make the wife any happier about it though.
Lol. Well "The Husband"isn't always happy about my tech additions either lol.