Samsung Galaxy S9 better than OP5t ? Price per performance!

Safeer Ahmed2

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Well many people tend to compare the price per performance, not everyone has a thousand dollar in spare to just buy a phone but everyone does demand a nice phone from the manufacturers, the one plus 5t took the media attention by storm, claiming to he faster than the iPhone x and leaving behind the s8 so Samsung has its new flagship in the shelves, is it rational to upgrade from a one plus 5t to s9 as a performance seeker or s9 is just a phone with few advanced features !

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
No one can answer that for you that's for you to figure out. It all depends what you want out of a device and what your willing to pay for. If the package suits you get it. If not get what works for you and your budget.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Define better. Will the OP5T probably beat the S9 in absolute speed. Probably. But you don't buy a Samsung for pure performance. Samsung phones are well loved because they do EVERYTHING good. They have good sound, good performance, good camera, etc. They may not be the best at anything but they are very good at everything. There is practically no compromise apart from longer update wait times. Sure if you get the OPT5T you have the fastest phone. You also lose wireless charging, water and dust resistance, get a mediocre camera etc.

If you're looking for absolute performance, look elsewhere. But is the OP5T the better phone? I don't think so. It's like asking if a Lancer Evo is better than a BMW 320. Sure the Lancer Evo is faster, but the 320 is more comfortable, better build, more safety features, and other things that overall make it better.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Well many people tend to compare the price per performance, not everyone has a thousand dollar in spare to just buy a phone but everyone does demand a nice phone from the manufacturers, the one plus 5t took the media attention by storm, claiming to he faster than the iPhone x and leaving behind the s8 so Samsung has its new flagship in the shelves, is it rational to upgrade from a one plus 5t to s9 as a performance seeker or s9 is just a phone with few advanced features !

The price is not that far apart. $719.99 vs. $499.00 So for $221 more you get a phone that has a newer better processor, water resistance,wireless charging,better camera,better display,expandable storage and the option for a lot more accessories.

Keeptechcoolandsimple

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
i've owned a oneplus 3 and it is one of the best phones i've ever owned. close to stock android made performance fly and dash charging is probably the best version of quick charging out right now.

that being said, i would NOT spend my own money to buy another oneplus product in the foreseeable future. for as nice as the product is, the company behind it is a nightmare to deal with. the experience of sending it back in for repair gave me enough of a dull taste. long story short, it took forever and the interaction with the company made me feel as if they. were being shady. i walked away from the process knowing it was not a company i wanted to have repeated dealings with.

so for an extra $221 that the above poster mentioned, I'm also gaining a peace of mind that my investment is backed by an established brand.

just my 2 cents.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

If you're looking for best performance iPhone X or pixel 2. Sammy has ALL the features but a little laggy. Op5t just running vanilla Android w a little customization and a 1080p to help w speed and cost. If you like the op5t and want a better phone go pixel 2 xl trust me. The lag on the Samsung will get to you eventually.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Up here IIRC the difference is about $350 more for the S9+.

Said it many times if I wasn't addicted I would only buy OnePlus.

I get the display is amazing but for $350 I can live with 1080P. Camera, Performance? Seriously, I can't tell the difference.

I love that OnePlus is also DUAL SIM and of course the Oxygen Software is not really better but cleaner that I don't have to RELY on a third party launcher like Nova Prime.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I would think you need to define performance. Performance can mean your battery life, app launching, Gaming, photo processing/rendering etc. Yet don't upgrade to an S9/S9+ just for performance. It most likely is faster in most areas since it is a newer gen Snapdragon. However the Exynos chip phones might be even more efficient and quicker... But really why. Do fractions of a second really matter? Or do you need 50 apps open as opposed to 40?
In my opinion in everday tasks (opening email, messages, app launching etc.) the OP 5T like stated above in a couple places is a top hitter as it has OS optimization (if you want to call it that) and it has a bunch more RAM to kinda aid that.
In Gaming (I do none...so), I would think Sammy and OP might go head to head here. I think they have in the past. Yet you are comparing two different SoC chips in this case 845 to 835.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Up here IIRC the difference is about $350 more for the S9+.

Said it many times if I wasn't addicted I would only buy OnePlus.

I get the display is amazing but for $350 I can live with 1080P. Camera, Performance? Seriously, I can't tell the difference.

I love that OnePlus is also DUAL SIM and of course the Oxygen Software is not really better but cleaner that I don't have to RELY on a third party launcher like Nova Prime.

Saying you can't tell the difference in the camera's I don't undersatnd. But I can't tell the difference in speed. So I would rather have ip68,wireless charging, Samsung Pay and a more reputable company. Too many headaches with OnePlus customer service

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Having owned both at same time before ( S7 / OP3 , S8 / OP5 ) you definitely get what you pay for.

Is the 5T worth £500? Probably. Is it worth paying more to get the S9 ? Definitely.

The OP6 will be inbound with the latest internals and will no doubt beast the benchmarks.

I think it is telling that most people who have a S8/9/Note 8 can afford an OP5T but don't choose them long term.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza