Bluetooth contacts

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
S9, pairs with car (a 2016 Land Rover) perfectly, able to make and receive calls and the recent calls lists have synced with the car. The address book however stubbornly refuses to sync The car just says phonebook empty.

I have paired and unpaired several times. On pairing the phone prompts to grant permissions to the paired device to contacts - to which of course I say yes.

I've been round all the Bluetooth settings, all the settings in contacts, started looking at permissions and I can't figure out why it won't sync any of the contacts.

Help! Didn't have any such issues with my S7 and the same car - it might sound like a small thing but it's a big enough issue for me to return the phone if I can't sort it which would be a shame because I think it's a great phone.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a shot in the dark....Would it matter how you have you contacts saved? Gmail, stored to phone, sim etc... Sounds like you're already several steps ahead in troubleshooting.

This phone and my Pixel 2 pair perfectly with my 2018 Subaru. My one month old V30 refuses to sync and remain paired. I've never consistently been able to have my favorite contacts sync accurately between my phones and car Bluetooth stereo.

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. The contacts are in the Outlook app (which gets them from Office 365) which is in turn synced with the stock Samsung contacts app. All the contacts are managed from Outlook and all the Outlook contacts I would expect to see appear in the stock contacts app exactly as they should (stored on phone). Exactly the same process as I used on my S7 which worked flawlessly from the word go.

Bishybarnybee

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar setup using S9+ and Outlook app synced with Office365 and contacts in Outlook.com plus 2017 landrover and my contacts have pulled through to the car OK.
I was in a hurry so just synced the phone very quickly initially so I could receive calls during a journey. When I later returned to the car I waited until the phone had made it's Bluetooth link and was showing on the car display. I then went into the phone sub menu, tapped on contacts and it said it was downloading contacts. A few seconds later all my contacts from the phone were there and available to use as normal and no problems since. Not sure if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08