Facebook notifications

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What have you checked so far? Are notifications turned on for the app? Are you getting notifications from all other apps?

Rjj1986

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Same issue for me and my partner on our s9+ phones. Tried checking battery management, notification settings, cleared Facebook data and cache, reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone and turned off notifications within the Facebook app. Nothing worked.

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I just received my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and I love it, but I'm not receiving notifications on my Facebook app. Can anyone help me?

I have the same issue! I've cleared the cache and data, turned on notifications in the app as well as app settings on the phone, restarted the phone, and even factory reset the phone and NOTHING FIXES IT! Every once in a while I'll get a notification, but then it stops working again. I've spoken to three different agents, and they walk you through the steps I've already done. They basically just said they would send it to their team, and hopefully it would be fixed in an update. 😑

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Same issue for me and my partner on our s9+ phones. Tried checking battery management, notification settings, cleared Facebook data and cache, reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone and turned off notifications within the Facebook app. Nothing worked.

I've tried all of that except deleting and reinstalling the app. It doesn't give me that option. It just says disable and force stop.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well until this morning. The problem seems to be Facebook itself, probably not being fully optimized for Oreo or the S9+ Samsung Experience. But like I mentioned, as of this morning I started getting the notifications and badges back to back. Hopefully I don't jinx it lol.

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Push notifications are only if the notification is about you directly including your posts, mentions etc
Anything else is all in app although I would still expect a badge notification!

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Same for me. But noticing my notifications in general are buggy. Some aren't coming anymore at all. I had a few phantom ones yesterday. I fixed one app by disabling and re-enabling the push notifications again.

intljock

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Very annoying. They worked a couple of times this morning and now have stopped again. How could that be the Facebook apps fault?

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I get zero Facebook updates on my S9+. I have my old S8+ here still running (haven't wiped it yet) and I have a ton of Facebook notifications on it. I've gone into the Facebook app and played with the push notification settings already a few times trying to get them working. I've cleared the cache and data storage a few times too. No changes.

I realise I have a few apps that no longer send me push notifications since upgrading to the S9.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Very annoying. They worked a couple of times this morning and now have stopped again. How could that be the Facebook apps fault?
Was that sarcasm? Lol if so, I laughed a little. If not, let me just tell you fb hasn't updated its app to be optimized with Oreo. I doubt it's the phone being faulty at all.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
A lot seems to be "broken" or "missing" with Oreo. I can understand adding new features but taking old ones away completely make no sense.

j63holland

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Glad to see it's not just me. I have the notifications turned on everywhere and they intermittently work. I even uninstalled the stock app and reinstalled from the play store. Hopefully, the app developers will get this straight soon.

BarryPL

May 11, 2018
Visit site
Idk why I assumed it was an issue unique to me and my s9+. I guess I can stop obsessing over my settings and trying to solve the issue myself. I don't really use fb as much anymore too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463