S9 Blood Pressure sensor

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Its pretty close. Only a couple of points off really. I used my wife cloud pressure cuff that's been calibrated with her doctor and by a co worker and it's real close.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I didn't read careful enough, or I might not understand, but am I correct that the only way to use this cool feature at this time is to use an app and be part of someone else's medical study?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I didn't read careful enough, or I might not understand, but am I correct that the only way to use this cool feature at this time is to use an app and be part of someone else's medical study?
Bingo! This doesn't make me happy. I'm hoping that Sammy adds this measurement to S Health sooner rather than later.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I emailed the developers and asked if they would be able to sync with Samsung Health and they stated their considering it and would forward it on.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
They are probably trying to work out the bugs in the app before releasing it as a mainstream tool for programs like Samsung Health. Another reason they would want a lot of people taking part in the study.

I find it helps to relax and breathe slowly while taking a measurement.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I emailed the developers also and received an answer this morning. They are aware of the problems with the app and are considering the BP monitoring being added to S Health.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Guess I got my phone after they fixed the app because it works great. I have a cuff and can compare the readings. They're no different than if I had taken my bp with the cuff twice back to back. It's rarely, if ever, the exact same. Well within the margin of error. Integrating into Samsung Health would be great!