Settings
Notifications
New messages
Importance
Choose either "high" or "urgent"

TxGym

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
I am having the same problem. It worked fine until yesterday, then stopped. No sound at all on texts. I turned it off and back on and it worked. Worked this morning and now has stopped again. Don't think it's a setting since it works intermittently. Aggravating!

Lindapeck

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I am having the same problem as you TxGym, so aggravating. I'm all set with restarting my phone everyday just to keep getting notification sounds. Calling mobile carrier and having this phone replaced. My husband has the s9 plus as well and does not have this problem

Nunspeet1

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem, no sound on text messages. I discovered the volume setting under Sounds as Vibrations. My Notifications was somehow set to silent. To fix this:
Go to:
1.Settings:
2. Sound and Vribrations
3. Volume
Check all volumes on:
Ringtone
Media
Notifications
System

Nunspeet1

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem, no sound on text messages. I discovered the volume setting under Sounds and Vibrations. My Notifications was somehow set to silent. To fix this:
Go to:
1.Settings:
2. Sound and Vribrations
3. Volume
Check all volumes on:
Ringtone
Media
Notifications
System

rmatousek

May 4, 2018
Visit site
This is happening to me also. Up until today it was fine. Today I turned all my sounds off as I was in a hospital and when I turned them back on the messaging notifications just didn't come back on. I tried all these things and it still isn't working but just that messaging app. WhatsApp works just fine. Would love more ideas.

Misa Wilcox

May 4, 2018
Visit site
I am having the same issue, I have checked all my settings plus turned it off and back on three times no difference. Someone please help!!!

Jesse Caffey

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Just happened to my wife's S9+. The bottom speaker on the phone stopped working. Music and ringtones are played in stereo while notifications are played in mono through the bottom speaker. You can test this by playing some music and listening to see if sound is coming out of the bottom speaker. Call tech support and get a new phone sent out before the warranty expires.

Duke Young1

May 17, 2018
Visit site
I just had the same problem U guys. It was driving me crazy too and i had a similar problem years ago with pop ups that kept coming out of nowhere every time i used my phone so it lead me to this. It is a app thats not allowing u to hear sounds or receive notifications at the top. I have the S9 plus and just started having this problem today. I uninstalled the app called security masters and bingo! I got notification sounds n pop up notifications back. I guess the security app had a setting where it controlled my notifications. I couldve went thru it and found the settings but i was so frustrated i just Uninstalled it n because tmobile offers there on security app. Good luck u guys in finding the app

Den4275

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
I just had the same problem U guys. It was driving me crazy too and i had a similar problem years ago with pop ups that kept coming out of nowhere every time i used my phone so it lead me to this. It is a app thats not allowing u to hear sounds or receive notifications at the top. I have the S9 plus and just started having this problem today. I uninstalled the app called security masters and bingo! I got notification sounds n pop up notifications back. I guess the security app had a setting where it controlled my notifications. I couldve went thru it and found the settings but i was so frustrated i just Uninstalled it n because tmobile offers there on security app. Good luck u guys in finding the app

I have been using that app for years. I never had a problem until I bought this new phone. I went from a Galaxy S6 to the S9+. I reset everything I could think of and then came here to troubleshoot. I uninstalled it and now my sound is working fine. I'm glad I found this comment, thanks!!!!

majorj0nny

May 28, 2018
Visit site
Samsung messaging app is screwed somehow ... I had this and have systematically checked various sound settings, notification settings, etc etc ... Everything 'should' be set to make my phone make a noise when I get a new message, I've even tried in safe mode, eventually I have up and installed Google messaging which sets itself up be the default messaging app ... This notifies perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC