S9+ battery life

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I took my phone off charger at 6:30 AM and back on charger at 10PM, so this is what apps are running the last 2 days. I'm running Bluetooth playing Iheart radio all day, some web browsing, a few phone calls and about 1 hour of playing billiards. I was good all day on battery, still had about 10% left when I put it on the charger. I'm impressed with the battery so far!

I have the S9 not plus but didn't want to start a new thread for it...

I'm getting close to 20hrs battery time usually more when not using as much & less when more but never less than 18hrs - with 6+ hrs SOT. I'm quite happy personally & dont understand the negative reviews. I'm using WQHD+ & Atmos, adaptive display, keep high accuracy local on & game occasionally...

Am I delusional thinking this is great battery time? (At&t 845)

Attachments

• 1307.jpg
    1307.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 70

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Why do I not get any luck with any Samsung Phones with battery life? 11 hours at most, if I am reserved. As we speak, it's back on the charger and it was off charger for only 7 hours.

What can I do to determine what is draining my battery?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Don't sweat it. A Lot of it also depends on your signal strength. Check out the battery usage section on your phone.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Don't sweat it. A Lot of it also depends on your signal strength. Check out the battery usage section on your phone.

That's what I'm starting to think. I'm on att but have very good coverage. Both at home and at work.. work moreso since the tower is like a few hundred feet away. Could it be the cell signal? How do I determine the strength of the signal?

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Why do I not get any luck with any Samsung Phones with battery life? 11 hours at most, if I am reserved. As we speak, it's back on the charger and it was off charger for only 7 hours.

What can I do to determine what is draining my battery?
Cell service in your area, work, home, etc. Background apps, email accounts synced, location services, wifi and bluetooth always on while not needed. Theres many factors

downstevedown

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone off charger for over 25 hours now, actually using it... Wifi is turned off today, but not for battery life reasons, using Bluetooth actively - very happy with battery life relative to my S8 (even with the Oreo update)!

Screenshot_20180329-073558_Settings.jpg

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Took the 9+ off charger at 7am and 9pm this is where I'm at. I'm switching back to my Note 8 for tomorrow and see what battery life is like on it with the Oreo update.

Screenshot_20180329-202215_Settings.jpg

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Have the 845 processor s9 (not plus) here on Verizon, some days I get very good life, others it's less than a day. For me, the amount of time on calls appears to be a big impact (note I have HD voice on, which I believe means an active LTE connection whole on calls). If I have an hour or more of phone calls, then I don't last a full 12 hrs.

Also, I think exchange email/calendar/contacts drains battery. I use the Samsung native exchange server app (versus the Google one that runs through Gmail), connected to Office365 server. Has anyone tested each version of exchange to see which one has better battery life? I did a long time ago when Gmail app first started natively supporting exchange, and it didn't seem like much of a difference back then.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Have the 845 processor s9 (not plus) here on Verizon, some days I get very good life, others it's less than a day. For me, the amount of time on calls appears to be a big impact (note I have HD voice on, which I believe means an active LTE connection whole on calls). If I have an hour or more of phone calls, then I don't last a full 12 hrs.

Also, I think exchange email/calendar/contacts drains battery. I use the Samsung native exchange server app (versus the Google one that runs through Gmail), connected to Office365 server. Has anyone tested each version of exchange to see which one has better battery life? I did a long time ago when Gmail app first started natively supporting exchange, and it didn't seem like much of a difference back then.

The Samsung version drains so much battery.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
https://www.androidcentral.com/samsungs-galaxy-s9-battery-problems-explained

This came out today. Appears the 9810 INTL version is facing challenges.
Depending on the person, could be an easy fix IMO, at the cost of performance. At least until a firmware update. Basically the trouble appears to be in single core operations at high performance, when the chip ramps up beyond 2.3Ghz. Turn on mid power saving to throttle the CPU to 70% performance. The chip is supposed to be 30% better than the S8 chip, so basically you get S8 performance.

Of course the problem here is just more of an optimization issue, so an update should fix it. At this point, just seems to reiterate how it's not really much of an upgrade over the S8. But if you're coming from an older device it's still pretty worth it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
2 days with S9+ ...Battery life is superb compared to my Note 8...really happy as of now....happy with the size of the phone also...and stereo speakers are awesome...