Cannot get my Outlook calendar to sync with the Samsung calendar

JenWilfong

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
RESOLVED! I have tried everything. I switched from an S8 to the S9 and now my Outlook calendar items don't show in the Samsung calendar. I have tried turning on all of the sync settings in the Mail app, Samsung calendar and Outlook app. The items will show up then disappear and sometimes the Outlook calendar shows up in Manage Calendars, sometimes it is gone.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Calendar apps have to sync to some server-based calendar. Are they both set to sync to the same calendar? (If you're not connecting to an Exchange server, you don't really need Outlook.)

JenWilfong

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I have an exchange server and maybe that is the problem, I tried to set it up and it keeps saying it cannot. I thought maybe it would sync to my Outlook app but it won't.

JenWilfong

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
With the help of my employer's IT department this was resolved. Deleted all previously installed Office 365/activesync accounts from all apps. Took off of wifi (office wifi signal isn't very strong) and set up through Settings/Accounts, went to Mail and followed the instructions on the screen. Now everything is synced.

mthom5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
With the help of my employer's IT department this was resolved. Deleted all previously installed Office 365/activesync accounts from all apps. Took off of wifi (office wifi signal isn't very strong) and set up through Settings/Accounts, went to Mail and followed the instructions on the screen. Now everything is synced.

Does it sync all of your calendar or just the past month? My s7 did all of my calendar (even years back). I have a pixel 2 xl now and it only does past few weeks. I really need all calendar to synch with my job. Really love my Pixel but it's kind of a deal breaker for me.