Samsung discontinuing Sidesync for S9 series phones. Claim future Samsung Flow will replace it

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Today I got a notification for an update to Sidesync on my Win 10PC. Post installation a dialog box appeared saying Sidesync is not supported by the Galaxy S9 and S9+ and instead a future version of Samsung Flow will replace it.

I did some searching around and found on the Sidesync site a message saying pretty much the same. So, I decided to try out Samsung Flow. Got stuck because Flow requires Bluetooth and my desktop doesn't have Bluetooth. Plus Samsung claims a "future version" of Flow will replace Sidesync so I figured today's version doesn't apply....

Anyone have any more info on this?

Alfredo Montes

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I am special needs and I use Sidesync to go into my phone
so I am worried that they are going to stop it because I can not use my hands to touch my phone :-[
Today I got a notification for an update to Sidesync on my Win 10PC. Post installation a dialog box appeared saying Sidesync is not supported by the Galaxy S9 and S9+ and instead a future version of Samsung Flow will replace it.

I did some searching around and found on the Sidesync site a message saying pretty much the same. So, I decided to try out Samsung Flow. Got stuck because Flow requires Bluetooth and my desktop doesn't have Bluetooth. Plus Samsung claims a "future version" of Flow will replace Sidesync so I figured today's version doesn't apply....

Anyone have any more info on this?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I just tried to load Sidesync & the message you mentioned loaded, so I headed here.

I don't have bluetooth on my PC either. It's always something...

SideSync_GalS9.jpg

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
You can get a USB Bluetooth dongle for like $10 if that works for you. I plugged one into my PC. Works fine.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why they wouldn't have it where there would be continuous coverage. Don't get rid of one before the other is finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain