S9 battery experience?

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I have seen a lot of S9+ posts. But not many S9. Anybody get the base S9 that would share their battery experience so far?

Bridget Booth

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm really pleased. I use my phone for a lot of crap during the day besides just calls. At the end of my shift, I find myself having around 40% battery life. Considering I do a lot of social media for my job, take a lot of photos and videos, and use a lot of navigation while I drive during the day, this is great. I usually had to charge my S7 during lunch.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm really pleased. I use my phone for a lot of crap during the day besides just calls. At the end of my shift, I find myself having around 40% battery life. Considering I do a lot of social media for my job, take a lot of photos and videos, and use a lot of navigation while I drive during the day, this is great. I usually had to charge my S7 during lunch.

Do you also game occasionally?

shnweller

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I got 37 minutes of on screen time for the first 10% of battery drain. That's the best I've seen on my S9. I didn't drain it down all the way

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a lot of S9+ posts. But not many S9. Anybody get the base S9 that would share their battery experience so far?

After a full night's charge, I took if off the charger around 6:00am this morning. Right now, I'm down to about 80%. (5 hours later) Keep in mind, I've still been downloading apps, changing settings and reinstalling company email. (I never backup from a previous profile, always start fresh with each new device)

So far, absolutely no issues on my end. My company email profile also syncs every hour on the hour, so I've got stuff running in the background.

Again, only one day into things, but no complaints so far.

S9 Coral Blue, Unlocked, using Verizon

jsiddlehfx

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Too much effort to link a screenshot but I will give you some details about my first two full days with it...

Each day I take my phone off the charger at 7.30... and at about 12-1 at night, I start getting low battery messages. Today for example, off the charger for 7 hrs and I am at 68%...

Screen on time 3 hrs, wifi on, Bluetooth on, watch connected, nfc on, QHD resolution, auto brightness, etc

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
thanks..So your SOT was 3 hours, with off the charger from 7:30am to midnight?...which is when you are getting low batt warnings?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a coral blue S9 on T-Mobile. So far the battery life is the only thing I haven't been too pleased with. With fairly average use I didn't get through my day yesterday. Had to charge at around 930 or 10 PM.

Standby time hasn't been great either. With AOD turned on, it drains about 10% overnight.

However, I feel like it's been a bit better today as the battery calibrates. It's gone through just two charge cycles thus far.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a coral blue S9 on T-Mobile. So far the battery life is the only thing I haven't been too pleased with. With fairly average use I didn't get through my day yesterday. Had to charge at around 930 or 10 PM.

Standby time hasn't been great either. With AOD turned on, it drains about 10% overnight.

However, I feel like it's been a bit better today as the battery calibrates. It's gone through just two charge cycles thus far.

how much screen on time did you have?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I tend to keep it on a charger often so it's a bit hard to give continuous battery drain values, but I will say that my S9+ seems to be way better than my S8 was. I'm pleased.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I got the Coral Blue S9 with At&t &
I'm happy so far with my battery life.
Its 6:50 & I'm at 49%...
I haven't used Package Disabler Pro or anything but was considering it. I just put all the bloatware I don't use to sleep so they can't receive updates or run in the background & seeing how that goes. I do run at High performance mode with WQHD+ & Atmos so that uses a bit more battery.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I haven't used Package Disabler Pro or anything but was considering it. I just put all the bloatware I don't use to sleep so they can't receive updates or run in the background & seeing how that goes. I do run at High performance mode with WQHD+ & Atmos so that uses a bit more battery.

That's really good. What was your SOT ?

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
My screen times only 2hrs 38mins today & my est. battery life is 8hrs & 46mins... I'm happy with 18hrs at this rate. Some may want more but I charge nightly when I sleep regardless.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
My screen times only 2hrs 38mins today & my est. battery life is 8hrs & 46mins... I'm happy with 18hrs at this rate. Some may want more but I charge nightly when I sleep regardless.

Not bad at all actually. especially for the S9. Good luck!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Does Atmos really use that much more battery? I might have to switch that off.