Day 1 Drama

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So as usual the new release in this case being Samsung either is the best phone ever with super battery or it's the absolute worst phone ever. Does this polarizing contrast happen with other phones like Samsung? I swear release days for Sammy products are all over the place with people's experiences. I'm going to assume it's due to being the highest volume seller so it's magnified but being on the fence would make one leary.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I will say this about Samsung: They do make great phones but I had a Note 8 and there was severe light leak due to a poorly annealed screen on the curved portion of the display where it meets the frame. For a $950 phone you would think this is unacceptable, but that's just how it goes. Various issues happen with all phones, and Pixel phones have had a lot of Drama as well. But Sammy and I are through at this point.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I own several phones and in my experience this happens for every phone. There are always people saying this is the best phone they ever had and then there are reports of battery life not good, screen issues, don't like this thing which was working fine in previous phone sort of thing.

Pretty common for every phone, obviously large volume devices like Samsung these kind of reports surface more as opposed to let's say Essential phone which sells very less. But generally praises and complains happen for every phone.

Last edited:

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I own several phones and in my experience this happens for every phone. There are always people saying this is the best phone they ever had and then there are reports of battery life not good, screen issues, don't like this thing which was working fine in previous phone sort of thing.

Pretty common for every phone, obviously large volume devices like Samsung these kind of reports surface more as opposed to let's say Essential phone which sells very less. But generally praises and complains happen for eat phone.

Yup, exactly my thoughts. But it's hilarious how a Sammy forum blows up with polar opposites all day on release.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So as usual the new release in this case being Samsung either is the best phone ever with super battery or it's the absolute worst phone ever. Does this polarizing contrast happen with other phones like Samsung? I swear release days for Sammy products are all over the place with people's experiences. I'm going to assume it's due to being the highest volume seller so it's magnified but being on the fence would make one leary.

TBH that is the same with ALL phones. I have yet -- since being here -- seen a phone release that didn't have love/hate posts. It will happen. People have different tastes :).

LJSquishy

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I preordered and got cold feet due to a lot ofvthe poor or mediocre reviews on everything from battery life to camera quality. I absolutely love my S9+. Maybe I'm not the best judge of the phone because I'm coming from a 5yr old Droid Maxx and surely any newer phone is going to be better, but so far the S9+ is running super smooth, battery life is great, the features are excellent, the rear cameras are amazing, and I even like Bixby (better than OK Google). My only real complaint so far is that the front camera should have received an overhaul because it is definitely lacking compared to the rear cameras...but I don't take selfies so ultimately I don't care. If I would have been coming from an S8, Pixel 2 XL, or iPhone 8/X then I might not see the benefits of switching to the S9+.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
you'll see a lot more hate and issues with Samsung's new releases cause they sell millions more than any other android device. You might have 10 people on here that buy the pixels compared 10 thousand that buy a galaxy 🤣

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
you'll see a lot more hate and issues with Samsung's new releases cause they sell millions more than any other android device. You might have 10 people on here that buy the pixels compared 10 thousand that buy a galaxy 🤣

I know what you're saying but I'm thinking the numbers are not super accurate. Lol

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
TBH that is the same with ALL phones. I have yet -- since being here -- seen a phone release that didn't have love/hate posts. It will happen. People have different tastes :).

This.

Been in this forum for years and in other Android forums going back to 2010. It's always like this with new phones or major updates or even a 20 mb security update.

Forums blow up with anything new and some people have bad experiences and some good. Mostly you will hear the bad because they need help.

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I guess a lot of the drama comes from the different factors such as the high prices. They may not be as high as Apple, but people hold them to such a high standard.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not seeing any battery issues, however it's the weekend & I'm not using the phone like I would during a work week. I'll wait 7 days (per the Battery Usage setting on the phone) before I make a declarative statement about battery life (unlike most people, who seem to be jumping to conclusions before the first 24 hours is over).

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have used Samsung phones for years and from time to time there are minor issues, but overall a nice experience! ...I recently pickup the Samsung galaxy S9plus, coming from the note 8, I love this phone, improved sound and picture quality ! In my opinion, Samsung has knocked it out of the park!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781