I had a perfectly working Pixel 2 XL that I kept telling myself I'd keep until they released the 3rd version this fall. Well I'm typing on the S9+ loaded with my 256gb card from Sammy due to the Note 7 fireside promos. Needless to say the phone checks substantially more boxes for me than the Pixel but I'm not ready to concede the Pixel is the camera king on Auto at least. Either way this phone will remain in my pocket for at least a year.
    VW Maverick and ipeaches like this.
    03-16-2018 04:42 PM
    Either way this phone will remain in my pocket for at least a year.
    lol I don't believe you at all
    03-16-2018 04:55 PM
    lol I don't believe you at all
    Neither do I.
    03-16-2018 05:05 PM
    I had a perfectly working Pixel 2 XL that I kept telling myself I'd keep until they released the 3rd version this fall. Well I'm typing on the S9+ loaded with my 256gb card from Sammy due to the Note 7 fireside promos. Needless to say the phone checks substantially more boxes for me than the Pixel but I'm not ready to concede the Pixel is the camera king on Auto at least. Either way this phone will remain in my pocket for at least a year.
    How's battery life been treating you? I'm also on a S9+ (my Pixel 2 XL is looking at me from across the room), and I'm debating whether I should keep the Sammy, or stick with the trusty Pixel.
    03-16-2018 05:08 PM
    Enjoy!
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    03-16-2018 05:09 PM
    So you're getting the note 9 cool !
    ipeaches and tadpoles like this.
    03-16-2018 05:12 PM
    Don't feel bad I also have zero restraint. Lol.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    03-16-2018 06:48 PM
    My restraint is in the form of my Husband! =)

The S9 & S9+ are our first new phones since the S5.

I almost had the S8+ but I hit a roadblock. (Husband)

All joking aside, he's great! He's paying for the new phones!
    03-16-2018 07:04 PM
    So you're getting the note 9 cool !
    I doubt I will. We are really saving money and to do some home renovations so this is likely my last phone purchase for a while. I had some credits at Best Buy and I sold my Pixel for more than I bought it so I don't see it working out like it did again in the fall. I didn't spend any extra this go round which doesn't usually happen when you swap phones.
    03-16-2018 07:23 PM
    Don't feel bad I also have zero restraint. Lol.
    I've got to restrain myself now as my wife gave me the talk. Lol
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-16-2018 07:24 PM
    Not "The Talk". I rarely have to use that on the husband...and despite my questionable phone fetish he hasn't used it on me.
    03-16-2018 07:32 PM
    My restraint is in the form of my Husband! =)

The S9 & S9+ are our first new phones since the S5.

I almost had the S8+ but I hit a roadblock. (Husband)

All joking aside, he's great! He's paying for the new phones!
    I see a few people on here going from a S5 to the S9 that alone should should tell us something about Samsung. I ditched a perfectly good S5 for a Lg G5 because I knew it was probably the last phone ever with consumer replaceable batteries (it was) and we were going to Europe for a 3 week road trip and wanted a better camera . The s5 still works the g5 is a glorified streaming device. Is your s5 4 or more years old? The s5 is what brought me back to Samsung and the g5 will probably keep me away from LG
    03-16-2018 09:25 PM
    Not "The Talk". I rarely have to use that on the husband...and despite my questionable phone fetish he hasn't used it on me.
    We have a plan we want to follow to get the house finished. So I need to tow the line this time. 😞
    03-16-2018 10:47 PM
    Oh no, not "the talk" ... You are reigned in.. Haha
    jtcannonball likes this.
    03-16-2018 10:51 PM
    I see a few people on here going from a S5 to the S9 that alone should should tell us something about Samsung. I ditched a perfectly good S5 for a Lg G5 because I knew it was probably the last phone ever with consumer replaceable batteries (it was) and we were going to Europe for a 3 week road trip and wanted a better camera . The s5 still works the g5 is a glorified streaming device. Is your s5 4 or more years old? The s5 is what brought me back to Samsung and the g5 will probably keep me away from LG
    We purchased our S5s couple of months after they were released in 2014, so they are almost 4 years old. Best phone I have ever owned & I'm sure my husband would agree. I actually found some genuine batteries a year ago so I replaced them. The phones are in almost perfect shape & the only reason I wanted to replace them was because they were missing the T-mobile band 12. I have reception dead spots in my home & the band 12 will correct that problem. The new band 71 will also be coming into play. There's also the issure of no updates, but that didn't bother too much! As much as I have been oohing and aahing over new models, it was hard to let go of the s5.

My sister-in-law & mother-in-law had g5s & were very unhappy with them.
    03-17-2018 01:30 AM
    haha, I am going to be doing the opposite. The hardware of the Sammy is amazing, but GAH, I really have never like the experience. I will be going back to a pixel, and much happier for it. I have to say, I will have enjoyed the 3-4 days I had the s9+ though, it is an amazing piece of hardware.
    03-18-2018 11:45 AM
    I did the same thing. After years of Samsung, I went to the Pixel 2 (didn't need the size or the battery of the XL). I'm not sorry. (And switching to Fi, now that I'm home and with wifi almost all the time, is saving me almost the price I'll pay for the phone for 2 years. Then I'll get about 2 years free and still get version updates - until S. Then I can probably keep the phone for a couple of years, until some new hardware, or some new bands, come out and I have to buy again.)

But the camera is pretty good and the OIS is unbelievable (I've taken some very low light, 10 second, hand-held exposures.)
    03-18-2018 12:23 PM
    My S9 Plus went back. The Pixel is amazing and runs like a formula car still and the pictures are outstanding. All my pictures on the Samsung were soft and seriously devoid of detail to the point my son's birthday yesterday I got 3 usuable photos off the phone. Maybe they will update it but it's not for me. Battery drop off on Samsungs is frustrating to see it at 95% with 3 minutes use when taken off the charger.
    03-18-2018 01:55 PM
    My S9 Plus went back. The Pixel is amazing and runs like a formula car still and the pictures are outstanding. All my pictures on the Samsung were soft and seriously devoid of detail to the point my son's birthday yesterday I got 3 usuable photos off the phone. Maybe they will update it but it's not for me. Battery drop off on Samsungs is frustrating to see it at 95% with 3 minutes use when taken off the charger.
    Today took a bunch of pictures of my son and yeah pictures look soft especially evident on the skin tone.
    Mostly software but I believe that's been like that for Samsung cameras always if I remember correctly.
    03-18-2018 02:15 PM
    Today took a bunch of pictures of my son and yeah pictures look soft especially evident on the skin tone.
    Mostly software but I believe that's been like that for Samsung cameras always if I remember correctly.
    Yeah they definitely seem to be heavy handed in the noise reduction, resulting in some slightly soft photos. The photos are definitely identifiable as Samsung photos to me. My Pixel 2 goes the other way, with very sharp photos and more accurate color, which I prefer. But dang is it crazy taking photos with the S9 in almost darkness and then seeing a real photo come out of it.
    03-18-2018 04:53 PM