Hey guys coming from an iPhone, and let me tell you I have been an iPhone user for 10 years now.

I love love love the s9+ like everything is super smooth and I even showed my brother who has the iPhone x and he is really digging the phone! Never going back to apple after experiencing android. Who else is loving their s9/s9+ also anyone else coming from the iPhone for the first time just like me? Love to know your thoughts!
    03-16-2018 06:39 PM
    I'm coming from the Note 8 myself but had the 8plus and iPhone X before it. I think the S9 for me is much nicer. Very fluid device. I love all the tweaks Samsung did to this device. All in all it feels like the total package for me. Is it perfect. Nope. But it's pretty close for what I'm looking for.
    03-16-2018 06:51 PM
    I totally agree. I was going to keep my iPhone and try it out so just incase I can return the s9 if needed but already sold the iPhone 1 hour later that's how much I am enjoying it so far!
    ScottsoNJ and areyes163 like this.
    03-16-2018 07:07 PM
    The S9+ is a nice phone. Very tempting for some of us Note 8 users.
    03-16-2018 10:20 PM
    I agree. My girlfriend has the iPhone X and she is just fascinated with S9's features and display.
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    03-16-2018 10:22 PM
    For me it's always hardware vs software. The app quality is night and day better on iPhone the experience is much more fluid and polished. Android flagships always have the better hardware and screens
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    03-16-2018 10:32 PM
    For me it's always hardware vs software. The app quality is night and day better on iPhone the experience is much more fluid and polished. Android flagships always have the better hardware and screens
    I think people just say ios is smooth and polished just to say it. Compared to Android, ios notifications are a mess they still can't group them together. Quick settings are not quick at all. I've had more app crashes and bugs with ios 11 then I can even count.
    ipeaches, areyes163 and DMP89145 like this.
    03-16-2018 10:57 PM
    I think people just say ios is smooth and polished just to say it. Compared to Android, ios notifications are a mess they still can't group them together. Quick settings are not quick at all. I've had more app crashes and bugs with ios 11 then I can even count.
    This. They just say iPhone is smooth but is it really? Open linkedin, open yelp, it lags. But the s9? Nope.
    ZOMMBIE1 likes this.
    03-17-2018 12:20 AM
    I don't think this is really the case. Apple fans keep saying this over and over in hopes they can will it into existence. I've found most apps are nearly identical and some I think are laid out better on Android. I think it's an example of most Android-curious iOS users don't give Android enough time and never learn the few differences in the basic OS designs and fall back on the same argument to help them switch to ease their minds. Lol
    03-17-2018 04:23 AM
    I don't think this is really the case. Apple fans keep saying this over and over in hopes they can will it into existence. I've found most apps are nearly identical and some I think are laid out better on Android. I think it's an example of most Android-curious iOS users don't give Android enough time and never learn the few differences in the basic OS designs and fall back on the same argument to help them switch to ease their minds. Lol
    That's pretty much it. Years ago this was true. But not so much anymore. Things have changed a lot.
    03-17-2018 04:25 AM
    That's pretty much it. Years ago this was true. But not so much anymore. Things have changed a lot.
    As a current iPhone owner, I can agree with this. Also, the myth that iOS handles apps (Google in particular) better is a myth. I love my iPhone, but I’ve also had a frustrating experience with how it handles Google Assistant and Google Maps in particular. It’s a great performing phone, but not intuitive at all.
    DMP89145 and AustinTech like this.
    03-17-2018 08:18 AM
    As a current iPhone owner, I can agree with this. Also, the myth that iOS handles apps (Google in particular) better is a myth. I love my iPhone, but I’ve also had a frustrating experience with how it handleds Google Assistant and Google Maps in particular. It’s a great performing phone, but not intuitive at all.
    I always have iOS on me. My work issues iPhones so I am very familiar with both systems. This is totally on the money.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    03-17-2018 09:08 AM
    This.. Android got a bad rap in the early days. A lot of people (including myself) that used the early droids that lagged and were buggy got a bad taste for android. But if you stuck with it you would know how much has changed and it even runs better than ios now. The problem is those budget devices now. Someone switching to iPhone from those early droids or budget devices tends to think iPhones are the smoothest fastest devices now.
    03-17-2018 09:20 AM
    I've used both and I don't think that apps run better on ios.
    03-17-2018 09:43 AM
    you come to an android forum and ask if they prefer the galaxy over the iPhone? wow I bet you got just he results you wanted huh troll
    haha so true.

On a separate note, if you owned ipads and macbooks, you will find the software "better" because of the better integration.
    03-17-2018 10:37 AM
    thank you everyone for your input I would have to agree that I feel that the apps on the droid seem better imo.also multi tasking on this phone is crazy smooth compared to iOS. Either way I am super super happy with the phone! I am also new to this forum so excited to learn great things from you all!
    DMP89145 likes this.
    03-17-2018 01:50 PM
    Same here, coming from the iPhone to the Samsung S9. My motivations are that I really like the bezel-less look and resulting larger screen on a manageable size phone, but don't want to pay $1000+ for it. And the S9 supports band 71, which is T-Mobile's future, according to T-Mobile *smile*. In fact, I have the iPhone 8, a fast phone that just works. The iPhone screen is a little smaller than I'd like, but the iPhone Plus is too big physically to fit in a pocket comfortably. When I first saw the bezel-less phones, I figured that was the wave of the future. I was very disappointed that Apple up-marketed their bezel-less model so much that I just couldn't see putting out that much money for a phone. My hope was that they would do what Samsung did with the S8 with the iPhone 8, but no.

Anyways, loving the roomy screen on the S9, especially for the size of the phone. Configuring it has been a little bit of a challenge, but what's life without a few challenges to overcome *smile*? The phone is fast, has all the features that I need, and enjoyable to use. I'm still getting used to the fingerprint reader on the back, but that'll come with time I'm sure.

My only reservation at this point is the duplication of functionality relative to bare Android that Samsung does. I've banished Bixby to the cornfield, and am using Google Messages and Calendar apps, and Chrome. But I cannot disable or uninstall a bunch of stuff that I have no need for, so they just sit there with the phone checking if there are updates for them *smile*. Not to mention that I paid cash for the phone and can't remove the T-Mobile app, but that's another story *smile*.

Got to say that overall I love this phone.
    03-17-2018 04:15 PM
    You're wrong. You can have the newest flagship phone with 19gb of ram and still have asphalt 8 lag or one of the premier games. Apple consistently has better performing apps across the board. I had chase check scanning on my nexus 6p and the camera would NOT focus to get a picture of checks. It was only that app. The app fragmentation is real. I use flagships of both operating systems. I want iOS to get better, and I want Android to get better. If they meshed together it would be perfect and seamless I think. The fact that you still have to dock your damn iPhone to iTunes in 2018 is bonkers. The fact that you can't just download, or access the filesystem consistently on your own phone is pathetic.

At the same time on Android, I deal with inconsistent app performance, rogue apps.. sometimes I don't use my phone an hour and its down 1% sometimes its down 10% because a misbehaving app. After trying many games side by side, the touch responsiveness on the S9 isn't as good as my 8+, Tekken isnt as smooth, Tap Sports baseball gets jenky, tower defense games lag WAY before iPhones lag with many objects on screen. Updates are a joke on Samsung, don't get started on that. Every single feature they implemented on the S9 could have rolled out to S8 and Note 8. Facial recognition / blending iris scanning with face scanning, easily could have been rolled out. Using front camera for emojis could have been compatible, but no, my wife's $1k note 8 is still rocking 18 month old software. UNACCEPTABLE
    03-20-2018 11:01 PM
    Absolutely love my S9. The last Android device I had was the Galaxy S3.

The only thing I am still trying to figure out is a good way to streamline with my MacBook. I was hoping SideSync would still be active but now looking for something similar.
    03-23-2018 10:13 PM