Hello all!

I hope you all are having a safe and happy Saturday!

I currently have this reoccurring error on my Galaxy S9 which states:

"Touch input blocked

To prevent this from happening again, check if the proximity sensor is blocked.

Tap OK to continue using your phone"

Is anyone else getting this error?

Could it be because I am using a wallet case, link below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6194286

or is it because of my poorly fitting screen protector, link below (the misspelled "tempered" should've been a red flag -__-)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6194286

Thank you for your time and responses.
    03-17-2018 10:07 AM
    It's something I see occasionally as well. I just tried it without the case on. and I don't use a screen protector. Hopefully it's just a minor software issue.
    03-18-2018 10:02 PM
    I don't know if it's the same issue but i saw touch issues with an s8 when used with one of those cheap glass screen protectors that only had adhesive around the edges. those issues disappeared after switching to whitestone.. because of that, I'm inclined to attribute the issue to the screen protector - especially if you're aware it's poorly fitting.
    03-19-2018 03:25 AM
    I have the same message on mine, very annoying to say the least. I took off my screen protector and I still am getting the message. Hopefully a software update fixes this.
    03-19-2018 06:32 AM
    I had the same message problem when I fitted a transparent 360 case to my s9+.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...cUvbUpU6197637

I also noticed that with this "Touch Input Blocked" message that during a phone call when the phone was placed on or close to my ear the display would not turn off & turn on again when taken away from my ear, unlike my s7 edge. Turned out to be the gel case itself slightly covering the proximity sensor & a simple mod took care of that. Doing this mod to the case alone got rid of the Touch Input messages for me.
    I also found a way of turning off the "touch Input Blocked" messages if you are having problems by doing the following
    Go into "Settings" then select "Display" on this menu screen Scroll to the bottom and check if "Block Accidental Touches" is not enabled, try disabling this option (Read the description about this option).
    I have covered the proximity sensor and have locked/unlocked my s9+ numerous of times by enabling/disabling this option & by turning this option off it definitely helps getting rid of the "Touch Input Blocked" messages.
    Hope it helps you guys out too.
    03-20-2018 03:32 AM
    I had the same message problem when I fitted a transparent 360 case to my s9+.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...cUvbUpU6197694

I also noticed that with this "Touch Input Blocked" message that during a phone call when the phone was placed on or close to my ear the display would not turn off & turn on again when taken away from my ear, unlike my s7 edge. Turned out to be the gel case itself slightly covering the proximity sensor & a simple mod took care of that. Doing this mod to the case alone got rid of the Touch Input messages for me.
    I also found a way of turning off the "touch Input Blocked" messages if you are having problems by doing the following
    Go into "Settings" then select "Display" on this menu screen Scroll to the bottom and check if "Block Accidental Touches" is not enabled, try disabling this option (Read the description about this option).
    I have covered the proximity sensor and have locked/unlocked my s9+ numerous of times by enabling/disabling this option & by turning this option off it definitely helps getting rid of the "Touch Input Blocked" messages.
    Hope it helps you guys out too.
    This is exactly the reason. For me at least. I noticed this on my Note 8 and typically happens when in a phone call or when trying to pull the device out of my pocket while the phone is ringing and my hands are all over the screen. Which I believe is doing its job so I keep it enabled, I just think the warning message can be worded better.
    queenren likes this.
    03-20-2018 05:34 AM
    Nicely described strikeIII, I too was going to write something similar in my original post but felt that I have said way too much.
    I totally agree that it could have been worded better to avoid confusion but then again I had it enabled on my s7 edge but never did a message pop up like in the s9.
    I still have it enabled regardless of the message as I want to avoid any unintentional touches whilst the phone is in my pocket & have given into the idea that it's just one of them things we have to live with, if we are to have it enabled.
    03-20-2018 05:41 PM
    OK, after going nearly insane for 1 week, I got the answer on this one. Use a screen protector with the scooped out look on top which does not interfere with the individual sensors. Prior to this i had a protector with individual cutouts for each sensor and it was somehow getting in the way even though it looked like it shouldn't.
    04-14-2018 04:02 PM
    Solution for the "proximity sensor" " touch input"
    For samsung S8
    1. Go in settings
    2. Click Display
    3. Turn Block Accidental touches = "off"

Now lock phone n turn back on
    Error is gone
    04-23-2018 02:57 AM
    I have found that the error only appears when the sensors at the top of the phone are blocked. Either my hand was covering them or it was too dark. Attached is a screenshot of the location of the sensors. I hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Error "Touch input blocked"-screenshot_20180621-222918_chrome.jpg  
    06-21-2018 09:49 PM