Can Google Calendar app have separate notification sound?

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out how to give the Google Calendar app that I'm using on the S9 a different notification sound than the one that text messages use. Not seeing how to do that.

So I have these questions:

- Is there a way to allow the Google Calendar app to have a distinct notification sound?

- If I use the Samsung Calendar app, does that allow me to have a distint calendar notification sound?

- Can I sync the Samsung Calendar app with my Google calendars?

Thanks!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out how to give the Google Calendar app that I'm using on the S9 a different notification sound than the one that text messages use. Not seeing how to do that.

So I have these questions:

- Is there a way to allow the Google Calendar app to have a distinct notification sound?

- If I use the Samsung Calendar app, does that allow me to have a distint calendar notification sound?

- Can I sync the Samsung Calendar app with my Google calendars?

Thanks!
The default Samsung one does. Open the app. Click the top where the three dots are. Go to settings and then notifications. Then general sound notifications and change the sound you want.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For Google Calendar, open the app, tap Menu>Settings>General>Calendar Notifications>Sound, and you can specify a tone for all Calendar notifications there.

Syncing your Samsung Calendar events with Google Calendar depends on what account your Samsung Calendar events are entered into. If it's the local Phone account or the Samsung account, those won't sync with Google Calendar -- you'd have to look for an Export option and export those events to an .ics file, then import them to your Google Calendar: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For Google Calendar, open the app, tap Menu>Settings>General>Calendar Notifications>Sound, and you can specify a tone for all Calendar notifications there.

Syncing your Samsung Calendar events with Google Calendar depends on what account your Samsung Calendar events are entered into. If it's the local Phone account or the Samsung account, those won't sync with Google Calendar -- you'd have to look for an Export option and export those events to an .ics file, then import them to your Google Calendar: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en

Thanks, perfect. Couldn't have buried it deeper if they tried *smile*.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss