Disappointed in battery life

raggededge

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Pretty disappointed in my S9 battery life. Using on AT&T and coming from a Pixel 2. Took the phone off of the charger 4 hours ago and already at 65%.

Attachments

• 4324.jpg
    4324.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 196

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Pretty disappointed in my S9 battery life. Using on AT&T and coming from a Pixel 2. Took the phone off of the charger 4 hours ago and already at 65%.

I'm quite happy with mine(S9 845 At&t) Fully charged last night & I haven't used my phone much this morning but our SOT is similar.

Attachments

• 1210.jpg
    1210.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 186

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
AT&T here I can go two days, maybe do a clean reset from new and make sure you're not double syncing, there. is a lot of useless syncing on this phone. Disable the Samsung cloud and Google cloud and go into Google and all your social media apps and see what's on for permissions (like location). I'm using Facebook lite and messenger lite and, disabled all the bs permissions they ask for in settings and that changed the phone for me quite a bit. You really have to tweak things on this phone from stock to get it just right. Disable the games and AT&T bloatware in settings is another tip I could give you. You could also download package disabler and completely turn off apps you don't want running. In battery settings you could also go add sleeping apps that you don't want notifications on and turn them off so they only work when you open them. I don't like a lot of notifications so I turn a lot of apps off and the phone is nice and quiet and I get what's important.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m very disappointed in battery life on my s9 compared to my iPhone X. Yeah I know I could get better battery life by going Plus but I like the 5.8” form factor. I think the s9 battery life is poor to be honest.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check your mobile signal strength. Aside from the screen, the largest battery consumer is the radio transmitter when the signal from the tower is weak. (If the signal from the tower is weak, the phone transmits at full power to get a better signal to the tower.) A strong signal (around 90dbm) will result in a longer battery life. (Which can mean that you need a different carrier.)

raggededge

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
The point is, I'm using my S9 exactly how I used my Pixel 2. Same locations etc. The battery performance is just not great especially since the S9 battery is larger than the Pixel 2's.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I’m very disappointed in battery life on my s9 compared to my iPhone X. Yeah I know I could get better battery life by going Plus but I like the 5.8” form factor. I think the s9 battery life is poor to be honest.
Review in general state the S9+ has similar battery life as the S8+, but the S9 is almost an hour less overall than the S8. Even some reviewers admit it seems odd.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It takes a few days to settle in.... Or do a couple 100 to 1-2% cycles like I did
6d9af6960b1065f661b30951078e725a.jpg

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
i expect battery life to be crap when the phone is new, setting it up and downloading all my apps and just generally playing around with the phone will take a toll on it. I use both iphones and android phones, the iphones just do a better job at trickling battery usage when the phone is idle.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
My battery hasn't been well...it's definitely lasting longer then my 1 yr old lg g6 but I haven't been able to reach above like 4 hours screen time...usually occasional FB and maybe a game here or there but mostly text...most all my apps are asleep...I noticed when I take it off the charger the battery drops at least 5% fairly quickly maybe I'll do a factory reset already

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
MKBHD just came out with his S9+ review and he said the battery life wasn't very good on the device. That's disconcerting because the battery life on the S8+ was great.